+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pigtails snubbed! and other stuff....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    It's been a week since the Feminazis made their selections, and Baylor was the ONLY team left holding an empty bag of the bubble teams! How wonderful it was to see ESPN highlight that fact! Wonder how pigtails felt about that? Hah!

I spent all day yesterday in the heart of enemy country. Yes, I was on a secret spy mission smack dab in the middle of the evil empire....no, not Iraq, LSU's campus! Actually, my wife went to defend her disseration, AND PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!, I am happy to report. So, I spent most of the day in the Union watching college hoops and fratenizing(sp?) with the enemy: LSU types. It was fun to discuss college sports with die-hard LSU fans, when they all assumed I was one of them. To be fair, all of the LSU fans I met were okay folks, including the ones wearing Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Arizona State shirts who were rooting FOR Auburn to beat St. Joe's, despite the boos to the contrary from the other LSU supporters. I was surprised by the number of LSU fans who were rooting against Auburn. As we always root FOR our fellow WAC teams to do well.

Here's the quote of the day, from one of them: "I don't believe Gunter can beat La Tech." Well, if Sue Gunter suits up and plays, then it'll be a cakewalk for the Techsters! It does point out how LSU fans, who follow WBB, point at Gunter as the reason LSU has not been as successful as they might be otherwise.

I also engaged one LSU die-hard in a conversation about football, his take was LSU will easily beat Tech, but it'll be more competitive than the ULX games will be. I mentioned Tech beating Bama, twice, taking Auburn to OT, etc..., he paused, thought for a minute, then added, "Well LSU will have to bring their "A" game to beat Tech, that's for sure."

Tiger Stadium is an imposing facility. I do not like the sign perched atop those 4 huge columns though. It cheapens the appearance of the stadium, IMO. Too gaudy. Also, I have a very good friend, at LSU, who told me recently she can get me VERY good seats for the Tech-LSU game....if I didn't mind sitting amongst Tiger fans, that is. Tempting offer. We need a tiny spot of royal blue to break up all the purple and gold mess.

So, how are tix sales for the NCAA's going?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    I feel the same about MRS PIGTAILS. However, I just hope that the FEMINAZI's didn't snub her due to her TECH past. Now that would make me a tad PO'd! Just a thought.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Baylor didn't deserve a bid. That was one thing the committee got right, but it was based on their basic pattern -- RPI, RPI, RPI.

I don't think Kim had anything to do with it -- though if they had won one more game in the Big 12 tourney, her name might have been enough to get them in.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    Baylor didn't deserve a bid. That was one thing the committee got right, but it was based on their basic pattern -- RPI, RPI, RPI.

I don't think Kim had anything to do with it -- though if they had won one more game in the Big 12 tourney, her name might have been enough to get them in.
    I agree!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    D80,

I have heard lsu fans called "the Tank Top Nation" or something to that effect. I guess they are called this for the over abundant redneck, wife beater shirt wearing fans that live down there.

I was passing through Refineryville last Sunday. We stopped in and had lunch at the Mamma Ninfa's located right off the interstate. A sign to the left of the entrance door said, "No Tank Tops". Nothing else was written on the sign.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    LSU fans really do like and give Louisiana Tech alot of credit.Even in football.I went to both schools and love Techster basketball and LSU football and baseball.As someone that never misses a home game at LSU,I can vouch for the fact that Louisiana Tech is considered a major school by fans there.They love it when Tech beats SEC foes and probably consider them the one to pull for if not against themselves.When state schools are announced at the stadium a cheer always goes up for a Tech score and boos for Tulane and ULaLA.

Puppy Popofadog is an unknown
    Your kidding arent you? Most people south of Alex do not know where Ruston is much less than Tech. LSU is in there own world. To them and most people down south there is no school in the state but LSU

+ Reply to Thread