+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOLLYWOOD >>WHO IS SMARTER-A MUST READ ARTICLE

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    "Edited to change noun of direct address from Tyler to Champ"

Champ967, what did you mean? I can't quite sort this out. "The 9-11 attacks and our assault on Iraq are incomensurable. The moral equivalancy you draw between them is incorrect."

I don't recall drawing a moral equivalency between AlQuida's attack on the U.S. and the U.S. attack on Iraq. We still haven't read a report of the direct connection. We were easily convinced that those who planned 9-11 were hiding in the first country we attacked and whose regime we changed. We haven't seen evidence of exactly how much connection there is between Iraq and 9-11.
    We have read that the U.S. knows that Iraq had certain weapons that they didn't want the inspectors to find because "We have the receipts." U.S. support of such dictators has been cited, etc.
    How many Americans and other coalition fighters and how many Iraqis have to die for it to become obvious that "war is not healthy for human children and other living things," as the demonstrators have often pointed out. The simple reason to avoid war is to avoid killing or being killed.
    When does the killing end? How many countries must have a "regime change" before it ends? How many terrorist attacks must occur before the zealots are satisfied?
    I notice that a lot of fine Bible verses have been quoted, and many choose the Old Testament. Explain again how "Thou shalt not kill" applies to a woman raped and impregnated by a madman (the only kind of man who can commit rape) but doesn't apply to dropping bombs, however smart, on potential civilian targets.
    I find it interesting that some people who quote the Bible also quote Rash Limburger. Do they believe that he is a Christian? Or a believer in anything that a Christian could actually respect?
    Please explain once more how Christianity meshes with the so-called religious right and especially with such commentators as RL.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I said I was right of Rush. That means I'm even worse than him not that I always agree with him, but most of time I do. We pretty much hold the same values. I don't know if he is a Christian or not but he holds many Christian values.

BTW, as I'm sure you already know, the Hebrew translation of Thou shalt not kill is Thou shalt not murder. Unfortunately war involves killing.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Aub, I wasnt drawing any connection between Iraq and Al-Qaeda. I frankly couldnt care if there is one or not. The POTENTIAL and even the LIKELIHOOD of such a connection are enough for me.

But that's not the point. I was address your implication (that was percieved if not intentional) that the US has the same moral authority to attck Iraq as Al-Qaeda had to attck us. While you didnt say that out right it was this passage that led me to believe that you held such thinking:

Imagine your city being bombed. People in New York got a horrible taste of it 18 months ago. It didn't make us love our enemies. And people in the Middle East aren't going to suddenly be grateful. Maybe most Americans don't care what the rest of the world thinks of us.
    Some Americans identify with oppressed people and want to help them without killing them. The people who attacked us on Sept. 11 didn't care whether they lived and didn't value American lives. Their delusion is that a higher power will provide them a glorious afterlife as a reward for killing people who don't practice their religion.

I was addressing the fallacy that the US attack on Iraq holds no more moral legitimacy than the 9-11 attacks. But perhaps you never menat that and merely I misinterpreted your reasoning.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    ANOTHER GREAT SPEECH AGAINST HOLLYWOOD HYPOCRITES

Alabama State Auditor Beth Chapman:

Attached is a copy of Mrs. Chapman's short speech, which resulted in five standing ovations, tremendous applause and an encore
    It's a short read and well worth it.

Stand Up for America Rally Speech

By: Beth Chapman

I'm here tonight because men and women of the United States military have given their lives for my freedom. I am not here tonight because Sheryl Crowe, Rosie O'Donnell, Martin Sheen, George Clooney, Jane Fonda or Phil Donahue,
    sacrificed their lives for me.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was not movie stars or musicians, but the United States Military who fought on the shores of Iwo Jima, the jungles of Vietnam, and the beaches of Normandy.

Tonight, I say we should support the President of the United States and the U.S. Military and tell the liberal, tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, hippy, tie-dyed liberals to go make their movies and music and whine somewhere else.

After all, if they lived in Iraq, they wouldn't be allowed the freedom of speech they're being given here today. Ironically, they would be put to death at the hands of Sadam Husssein or Osama Bin Laden.

I want to know how the very people who are against war because of the loss of life, can possibly be the same people who are for abortion?

They are the same people who are for animal rights but against the rights of the unborn.

The movie stars say they want to go to Iraq and serve as "human shields" for the Iraqis.

I say let them buy a one-way ticket and go.

No one likes war. I hate war! But the one thing I hate more is the fact that this country has been forced into war-innocent people have lost their

lives - - and there but for the grace of God, it could have been my brother, my husband , or even worse my own son.

On December 7, 1941, there are no records of movie stars treading the blazing waters of Pearl Harbor.

On September 11, 2001; there are no photos of movie stars standing as "human shields" against the debris and falling bodies ascending from the World Trade Center.

There were only policemen and firemen - -underpaid civil servants who gave their all with nothing expected in return.

When the USS Cole was bombed, there were no movie stars guarding the ship - - where were the human shields then?

If America's movie stars want to be human shields, let them shield the gang-ridden streets of Los Angeles, or New York City, let them shield the lives of the children of North Birmingham whose mothers lay them down

to sleep on the floor each night to shelter them from stray bullets.

If they want to be human shields, I say let them shield the men and women of honesty and integrity that epitomizes courage and embody the spirit of freedom by wearing the proud uniforms of the United States Military. Those are the people who have earned and deserve shielding!

Throughout the course of history, this country has remained free, not because of movie stars and liberal activists, but because of brave men

and women who hated war too. However, they lay down their lives so that we all may live in freedom. After all - "What greater love hath no man, that he lay down his life for his friend," or in this case a country.

We should give our military honor and acknowledgement and not let their lives be in vain. If you want to see true human shields, walk through Arlington Cemetery. There lie human shields, heroes, and the BRAVE

Americans who didn't get on television and talk about being a human shield- they were human shields.

I thank God tonight for freedom - - those who bought and paid for it with their lives in the past - - those who will protect it in the present and defend it in the future.

America has remained silent too long! God-fearing people have remained silent too long!

We must lift our voices united in a humble prayer to God for guidance and the strength and courage to sustain us throughout whatever the future may hold.

After the tragic events of Sept. 11th, my then eleven-year-old son said terrorism is a war against them and us and if you're not one of us, then you're one of them.

So in closing tonight, let us be of one accord, let us stand proud, and let us be the human shields of prayer, encouragement and support for the President, our troops and their families and our country.

May God bless America, the land of the free, the home of the brave and the greatest country on the face of this earth!

+ Reply to Thread