+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why protestors get labeled "Un-American" (picture)

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I don't like generalizing groups of people any more than other people do, but scenes like this show me how vulnerable these people are to being labeled. That and a lack of outcry from other "peace" activists would lead me to lump all these people in one group.

Anyone seeing the footage from the protests in SF, Chicago, New York and even Austin would probably come to the same conclusion as me, that these movements are more about being seen, rioting and impressing members of the opposite sex, that they are about trying to foster "Peace".

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    If picture takes too long to load, go to the link:

"Peace Activists"

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I can't tell you how sick that picture makes me.

Reminder: Everyone wear your yellow ribbons. I was given one today by a TSA worker at the airport. Up until today, I have not seen anyone displaying yellow ribbons for our troops.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I thought you only displayed the yellow ribbon if a family member of yours was in combat. But perhaps I misunderstand the yellow ribbon tradition. :?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    I thought it used to be a star if you had a family member in the service/war. At least that's what I remembered hearing from my grandparents about WWII. FWIW, I still can not comment nicely about that picture above. I have now counted to 1,000,000,000 and still my blood boils! :twisted:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I thought it used to be a star if you had a family member in the service/war. At least that's what I remembered hearing from my grandparents about WWII. FWIW, I still can not comment nicely about that picture above. I have now counted to 1,000,000,000 and still my blood boils! :twisted:
    Blue Star = family member in theatre of operations
    Gold Star = family member KIA (remember the Smiths song - Ms Sullivan turn your blue stars to gold)?

We found an old banner recently in the church from WWII that had all the family members from Ringgold with the appropriate stars by their names...

The picture is truly despicable (sp?). I debated on whether or not to show it, but I decided that it needed to be talked about. I will always remember this visual every time I'm called a "warmonger".

You'll notice the b@#$rd holding it up on the right doesn't even have the courage to show his face. I doubt it was that cold in San Fran last weekend. Many of the protesters linked their arms together with plastic tubing so that they could not be seperated and sat in the middle of the road with the stated goal of gridlocking downtown. Then, when they were arrested, they complained of their 1st amendment rights being violated; making claims of a "fascist regime". Many others ingested large quantities of milk in order to make themselves vomit on the sidewalk in protest (hurting noone but the poor guy making $5.15 an hour who has to clean it up). I won't mention some of the other bodily functions that were performed on the sidewalks.

No sir, I usually try to see both sides, but in this case I must say that any goodwill I may have had has been squandered by these animals.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    [quote:230b924817="TYLERTECHSAS"]I thought it used to be a star if you had a family member in the service/war. At least that's what I remembered hearing from my grandparents about WWII. FWIW, I still can not comment nicely about that picture above. I have now counted to 1,000,000,000 and still my blood boils! :twisted:
    Blue Star = family member in theatre of operations
    Gold Star = family member KIA (remember the Smiths song - Ms Sullivan turn your blue stars to gold)?

We found an old banner recently in the church from WWII that had all the family members from Ringgold with the appropriate stars by their names...[/quote:230b924817]

Thanks DWAYNE! I knew I wasn't totally crazy. :wink:

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Absolutely despicable. That's all I'm going to say about that.

These nuts obviously know nothing about military life. All my friends who've been in the military and had family in the military, plus my own family members, will tell you that most officers are not jerks and have the respect of the men they lead. My Grandaddy, who fought in World War II, really respected his officers, all joking aside.

If they think they are going to foment "class warfare" in the military, they couldn't be more wrong.

+ Reply to Thread