+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halfway Point of Season

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Actually we are two games away from the half-way point of the season and I would have to say it looks like the team is rounding into shape at the right time after playing good against Rice 2/3 games and sweeping SJSU at home. There are 29 games left in the 56 game regular season schedule. (9-15-1) so far with room to improve. I hope we can finish above .500 this year with a chance to win 30+ next year. 20-12 the rest of the way will get us above .500 Do you think we can do that in a pretty tough conference? I am not sure but if we get some solid pitching the rest of the way then it is very possible.

We finished 21-37 last year, not sure about conference record but it wasn't pretty. Here's to doing better than that this year!

GO DAWGS!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    We were 7-23 in conference last year - 4 of those 7 were against Hawaii, 2 wins vs Nev and 1 win vs SJSU...

We lost probably 2 wins due to rainouts early in the year so 11-15-1 would not look too bad -

We were swept but Fresno and Rice...

5 of the 29 are OOC games - H&A with the Demons and Injuns and a return visit from McNeese - 2 of the 5 are probable - 3 of the 5 would be great...

24 WAC games -

4 of 6 vs Hawaii
    3 of 6 vs Nevada
    2 of 6 vs Fresno
    1 of 3 vs SJSU
    1 of 3 vs Rice

So I'm looking at 22 wins would probably where we will end up -

I just don't see us having the pitching to play .500 ball the remaining WAC schedule with trips to Rice, Fresno and Nevada...

To get to 30 regular season wins we would have to win 21 of 29 - almost a 75% clip - that's tough to ask for right now...

I do think we can win 2 to 3 games come conference tourney time -

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I do think we can win 2 to 3 games come conference tourney time -
    Since each team in the WAC plays home and home series with the other five teams, there is no conference tournament. The regular season champion gets the automatic NCAA bid.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I don't think we have a chance to win 30 games this year but if we can get close to .500 then that would be great for the first year of a rebuilding process. Then next year I hope we can get back to winning ways and win 30+ games. Most of our contributors will be back next year with 2 BIG holes to fill at SS and Adam Kirkendall. I believe we'll find some pitching that will help us this offseason and apparently we've already found one guy according to another thread-who is that guy?

+ Reply to Thread