+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buckeye Coach already whining

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Did anyone notice the USA Today article today by Dick Patrick. Even though Dick got the Techster's current winning streak wrong and the TAC NCAA record wrong, he presented some interesting comments fom the Ohio State coach, Jim Foster.

Playing in Ruston doesn't sit well with Jim. Perhaps because he is 0-2 against Tech in the dance while at Vandy. To add to his dismay, the Lady Buckeyes are 0 -4 against Tech.

Foster said ...."I just think women's basketball needs to get thinking in a different mode. If you're going to make a change then make a change." ???????????????????? "There are a lot of things I'd like to see them do, It's not like what we have is great for the game. Everybody talks about parity and how it would be wonderful thing for the game. But the way this thing is structured makes that much more difficult."

Perhaps the fact that his gals got the #4 seed when they should have been about 8 slips his mind in the "wrongs" he sees.

GO TECHSTERS AND KICK SOME BUCKEYE A$$!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    Perhaps the fact that his gals got the #4 seed when they should have been about 8 slips his mind in the "wrongs" he sees.
    Based on RPI, Tech should have been the #4 seed with Ohio State #5. That would have provided the same matchup tonight, except Tech would be in white jerseys instead of blue. Seeding is irrelevant anyway once the tournament starts--it's time to just win.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    You're right about that ....

we just need to come out greedy and roll!!!!!!

Just hope ESPN doesn't screw us again tonight like on sundaY!!!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    I don't see anything wrong with that statement. He is absolutly correct. This "middle step" is silly. Either let the top seeds earn home court (although we'd have been screwed by the commitee), or go to totally neutral. I really don't see what this bidding for home court does. The games with home teams will sell well, the rest will not. No kidding!
    Anyway, I have been wondering about their coach. I was at the post-game press conference last time and thought he came across as a geno-like whiner. Lots of "let the players play" and "the refs decided the game" crap. Apparently he had forgotten that they took the lead on free throws, just before we won with free throws(I think - been awhile since that one).
    Too be honest I haven't seen the whining I expected after that press conference. I have sort of given him the benefit of the doubt. I can't blame him for not liking this system. I would be mad too if my team had to win in Ruston (especially if we were a higher seed than the Lady Techsters).

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    The Lady Techsters proved they are better than a #5 seed.

Louisiana Tech has dominated LSU 14-6 in our overall series. The last time we played Tech hammered LSU by 21 points out west 73-52 in the NCAA tournament. Time to do it again.

Keep rolling Lady Techsters!!!
    ________
    Camaro
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    People seemed to enjoy my sign tonight... I was sitting close to the floor so I hope I got some TV time... The sign said:

"#5 Seed? Are You Kidding?"

Atleast the OSU radio lady thought so... She dropped me a note that said: Home Court? Are You Kidding?"

If anyone saw the sign on TV, let me know...

Also I had a sign that said:

"Pray For The Troops And President Bush"

Overall, great game!!!! If Erica was on, we win by 20+...

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by localdawg
    People seemed to enjoy my sign tonight... I was sitting close to the floor so I hope I got some TV time... The sign said:

"#5 Seed? Are You Kidding?"

Atleast the OSU radio lady thought so... She dropped me a note that said: Home Court? Are You Kidding?"

If anyone saw the sign on TV, let me know...
    YES!!! You made it. You were on for a good 5 seconds.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Yep - I saw your sign, too, but unfortunately not the one about praying for the president and the troops.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    I didn't see the sign, or anything else. Team ESPN was on and they did not show one minute of the Techster game here in C. Texas. Very annoying.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar
    Of course ESPN didn't play the Techster game here in Texas. Why would they?
    TCU was playing against UConn, and that was a great game in the first half.
    TTech was playing against UCSB, the team that upset the Techsters last year.
    ESPN had an obligation to show Texas the Texas teams. ESPN.com had a breakdown of which parts of the country would see which games. It clearly showed that only LA and Ohio would get uninterupted coverage of our game.
    I just wish they would have put it on ESPN Plus or something like they did for the Big XII tournament.

TF

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    I don't have any problem with their choices for their main games -- since it was Texas teams playing. Every other game I've seen, though, has included a significant amount of wraparound coverage. I'll admit I didn't watch all of the game by any stretch, but I never saw a play from the Techsters

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    I don't have any problem with their choices for their main games -- since it was Texas teams playing. Every other game I've seen, though, has included a significant amount of wraparound coverage. I'll admit I didn't watch all of the game by any stretch, but I never saw a play from the Techsters
    DITTO!! :x

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    The game wasn't shown in Arkansas either and Ruston is only 35 miles from the Ark. border. The razorback fans wouldn't be too happy seeing 2 starters on the Tech team from Ark., but there would have been more interest here than there was for the other 2 games. Jim Oakes bends over backwards to get our football team on ESPN and then they screw us over like this.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    The game was shown in B'ham, Alabama on ESPN . I have the DISH network, don't know if that made any difference.

Way to go Techsters!!!!

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Guys, the game wasn't on the regular espn or 2. You had to go down to 6oo area on the dd. It was on one of those channels normally reserved for the pay for view chanels.

+ Reply to Thread