+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stacey Johnson

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    made the news in Waco last night with her speech to the crowd there in Fresno after the win over Oregon St. It was hard to understand everything, but she basically said "we're going to go down there and kick their a**"

Might have been the heat of the moment, but she certainly doesn't seem afraid of bulletin board material.

While I'll definitely be pulling for Baylor in the game, this does seem rather unfair to me. Baylor played on Sunday and gets to stay home. Fresno played Monday night, had to travel on Tuesday and now has to play tonight.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I hope Stacy does kick their butts. I not only love Stacy, but this will mean A WHOLE LOT for WAC respect.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Let me get this stragiht. Fresno is a WAC team, with a coach that left Tech on good terms and you are going to root for the team in the major conference with the coach that left Tech on BAD terms?

Just curious. Why?

GO FRESNO DAWGS!!!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    I really don't think it would matter much for the WAC. Think how much it affected the national view of Ark. State when Tate and company kept dominating the WNIT after they kept getting ignored by the NCAA committee.

A couple of problems really -- the WNIT has the image of playing to be the "65th best team" (probably not accurate because of autobids, but still probably not much better than 40th) and people have no memory. Even if Fresno won the tourney, no one but WAC people would remember it by mid-season next year.

The WNIT is a good chance to practice under game conditions to improve your team for next year, but other than that -- it's basically meaningless.

I have a PhD from Baylor. I pull for them in anything as long as they are not playing Tech.

If it weren't for that, I'd probably pull for most any WAC team -- though I'd have to hold my nose to pull for Fresno in FB or men's BB

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Fresno State led by double digits for most of the first half, but Baylor made a late run to trail only 40-33 at the break.

Stacy was lustily booed by the Baylor crowd as the teams left the floor at halftime.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    All right, I know I'm Mr. Johnny-come-lately and this subject has probably already been beaten to death on this board, but humor me and my ignorance. What was the deal behind the falling out with Kim Mulkey-Robertson and La. Tech? All I know is, when Leon Barmore tried to retire the first time, the job was basically hers if she wanted it, yet she went to Baylor. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now. Would anyone care to tell me what went down with that? It baffles me to this day.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    JETSTORM >>please do a subject search under KMR, Mrs. Pigtails or "spoiled bitch" (JK) so that you can read some of the "inside scoop" . Otherwise, maybe somebody on BB&B, with the majority of the nasty details, can e-mail you. I do not think that ANYONE wants to read all of that again! Thanks!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Baylor was hot and Fresno was cold to start the second half, and the deficit was too big to overcome. Final score--Baylor 72-65.

Would have had a first hand report, but our 2 year old went ballistic on us about a mile from the Ferrell Center. We decided it wasn't worth risking paying $27 and then possibly leaving after 5 minutes.

Basically, from listening to the radio, Fresno was very hot in the first half and Baylor wasn't scoring or playing good defense. I've forgotten the player's name (Logan), but one player for FSU had 22 at the half. Fresno was up 7 at the half.

Kim apparently made some significant adjustments at the start of the 2nd half. They shut down the big scorer and FSU's whole team. After 12 minutes of the 2nd half, Baylor had outscored FSU 25-5. It was pretty much over after that -- a bit of trading buckets back and forth.

Baylor set a WNIT record with 12 blocked shots in the game.

One last comment about Stacy. She was the picture of class in the post game interview last night.

She talked jokingly about her comment from the game the other night and said she was most disappointed that she had let "the big guy upstairs" down by not being the example she should be as a coach. Said she owed him an apology but not anyone else.

She was very gracious in owning up to something that few people would have even seen as much of a bad thing.

+ Reply to Thread