+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Budke

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    It will be interesting to see if we can keep him around. He seems to be an excellent coach.

If he has the same deal with the camp Barmore had, we should be okay because that will generate lots of revenue for him.

By the way he has a daughter (8th grader I believe) who is an excellent basketball player. If she keeps progressing, look out.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Budke is hands down the best new D1 coach in the country. He is still young enough to make a HUGE impact and be the next Tech Hall of Fame coach.

I have worried a lot about losing him. There will be many schools courting him in another year or so. He doesn't have the same ties to Ruston and to Tech that Barmore had. The only thing we can hope for is that he attaches himself to this program and community.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    I would think if he stayed in Athens, Tx for as long as he did, he would be quite happy with living in Ruston.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    By the same token, he didn't hesitate leaving Athens for a better opportunity.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    The good thing about this is his friendship with Barmore. Budke followed the Techsters for years before anything about a job was talked about. He coached Betty Lennox and Essence Perry plus almost got Ayana Walker out of high school.

He might just want to build his reputation here. What better place to do that? Small town (he likes that), great schools for his kids, and a powerhouse program that can put him in the Hall of Fame. Except for money, this is the perfect fit.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Don't kid yourself about the money -

That basketball camp rakes in the cash...

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I would hope we wouldn't give him the same deal as Leon got on the camp by keeping all the money. He is Leon-he had to earn that and I hope we just didn't give it over to Budke before he ever won a single game. Granted he has proved himself so far with a great year considering 9 newcomers and all, but he hasn't been to any Final 4s or won any national championships.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Don't forget he only has 1 senior on the squad. BUDKE has done an AWESOME JOB!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I would hope we wouldn't give him the same deal as Leon got on the camp by keeping all the money. He is Leon-he had to earn that and I hope we just didn't give it over to Budke before he ever won a single game. Granted he has proved himself so far with a great year considering 9 newcomers and all, but he hasn't been to any Final 4s or won any national championships.
    I don't know Budke's deal, but if he doesn't have the camp he won't be here long because tech won't be able to afford him. The camp revenue can keep him among the "elite" when it comes to total compensation for women's coaches..

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I have on ideal either and I think you are right about him keeping the money to keep him among the top programs money-wise b/c it has been reported just how much that camp brings in and it is a tone of cash. I just would not have been willing to hand that over to him before he won a single game as head coach. Granted he may earn that right like Leon did at one time-I am guessing. But I could be wrong-Tech has a top 10 program and maybe that is one of the benefits of being the HC in order to keep the salary among the top 10 programs.

I don' t think it is fair for KR to not be able to keep the money from his camp though if this the case. A couple of things to keep in mind- I doubt the men's camp makes 1/2 of what the girls camp does and the men's program is not even close to a top 50 program much less top 10. At least he should be able to use that money solely for men's basketball and it not have to go into a general fund of Athletics if that is the case and it has been reported as so.

I agree with most that Budke has done a remarkable job this year with 9 newcomers. The 4 returning players should also be credited for the way they have performed this year. These 4 girls have sucked it up and played with pride as well as led the young girls and hopefully shown them what it takes to play for the Techsters and win.

+ Reply to Thread