+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech/LSU thoughts

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    LSU is goint to full court press every time they score. Gunter will try to run us into the ground since our bench is not deep at all. She tried this in '99 and TJ/BL burned her plus her poor center was so overweight. She feels she has a huge advantage at the 1, 2 & 3 spots.

LSU will be the deepest and most athletic team we face all season. The problem for them is that we might be the most atheltic team they have faced.

Kursh might lose that RS if the game is tight and we need a body.

If The Techsters play like they did from Nov to Feb we lose by 12+ points. If The Techsters play like they have since Feb, we have a great shot at winning.

Obaze will draw SA - look for SA to take it strong at Amber to get her in foul trouble.

Erica must be hot from behind the arch. She is only going to get 3-4 good looks at 3's - she must canthem. Ford can not play "lazy" in streches.

LSU is deeper but outside SA, we match up better. If we shut her down and stay out of foul trouble, we win.

This will be Obaze's toughest assignment of her career.

It is a shame that these two teams meet in the S16. This game has all the makings of a great F4 game. To ship Tech, LSU and Tulane out west is STUPID. Something must be done with the WSC - UT's road is a complete joke.

Puppy TNT is an unknown
    8-) SIR!! What is ridiculous is that LSU, #1, had to travel to Oregon/California while Techsters hosted two first rounds. If the "travesty" is addressed, those kind of "Femi-Nazi HiJinks" must be countenanced and dealt with summarily.

Check out LSU's RPI....Strength Of Schedule.....Conference affiliation...Etc Tech has their "history" going for it. I'll hand you that much. This is not going to be an easy game for either team. We are strong across the board. I expect your girls to hang tough...on pride. Our front line is "equal or better" than yours. Our bench...well...you had no argument there so I'll "not" go there.

If Barmore were on the bench....I'd hand you the intangibles. Budke is no "baby" and I have immense respect for what he has done in transition. However, there are not many Barmores.

I don't reckon past games are germane to the argument. But we punctuated our season by avenging our 3 losses in one "swoop". We swept Arkansas, Vandy and Tennessee ....in a ROW. We took Tennessee by 17 in the SEC finals. Don't think the "Evil Elvira" Summitt did not try to summon the "demon of the Knoxville Hills". The Demon was scared, even, of the Ole Grey Mare (i.e. Bob Starkey". Make no mistake...Ole "G" ..did not recruit this group nor did she do the "ground work" to put them where they are now. It was Starkey FIRST....and with Chatman's recruiting. Starkey is the "bomb". He, like Budke, is a brilliant tactician. He is in his third year with the Women's Program. He is simply the best. I don't reckon, with our talent AT LAST, we'll be lilly livered or weak kneed. Unlike the past "G" debacles in the NCAA's, versus Tech, I don't think we'll beat ourselves. You, Sirs, will have to beat us to take this win. Just the facts.

I'll NOT wish you a disingenuous "good luck"...just rest assured we'll be undaunted and WILL PROBABLY show up for the match. BTWII...we have "been" on the road and this is a NEUTRAL COURT.
    That's the only fair way to proceed with this "FemiNazi Fair" called the NCAA Women's Committee..UH HUH and TaTa!!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT
    8-) SIR!! What is ridiculous is that LSU, #1, had to travel to Oregon/California while Techsters hosted two first rounds.
    LSU had every chance to bid and win one of the 16 predetermined first/second round sites. It probably didn't help LSU's cause that in the past the Lady Tigers have not an arena available to host first/second rounds some years when they otherwise could have hosted as a Top 4 seed. Also Tech's bid guaranteed $80,000 in gross ticket receipts instead of only the $75,000 minimum.

LSU will only have itself to blame if it can't put together a winning first/second round bid for 2004 given its improved attendance this year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I have been impressed with the Lady Tigers this year. And as for the matchup tomorrow, that's all that matters. Gunter's past failures are irrelevant, especially since her assistant coach is the real brains of the outfit.

For either team to win, they will have to bring their "A" game, and I expect both too. So, if one plays A+, they win, or if one plays A-, they lose. That means free-throw shooting, unforced errors, and bonehead stupid mistakes will probably decide this one.

It's a one-shot, one-and-done deal!

Go Techsters!

Puppy TNT is an unknown
    :?Well...since neither one of us knows the details of LSU's bid, and we have experience doing that kinda stuff--look at all the events we have hosted on the LSU Campus, I guess we cannot dispute the competitiveness of our bid. I'd be willing to bet we provided as many amenities as Tech. IMO..the deciding factor was probably the "tradition and attendance" of Techsters and their fans. In that respect, we have hot "held a candle" to what Barmore and your fans have done in Ruston. I applaud you for that fact.

My point was more geared to future "fairness" and I know you guys got your bid fair and square. My rancor is directed towards the well known "Fem-Nazi Cabal" that rule the roost. I'm also aware that Tech, with no male HC in the past 20 years, is being provided "no quarters" in their camp. I mean....you guys have historically had HC's with mainstream values.

When the NCAA's do their "honor blurbs for the true luminaries of the game"....it was not til Barmore "retired" that he go his place in posterity. I don't recall any effort, by the NCAA Fem/Heifer/Nazis, to include him in the spotlight....BEFORE. Leon Barmore just coached, he did not wear pumps and sport a butch cut and presumably that fine with him. UH HUH

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say TNT.

All I know is that the home rounds were not determined by the committee. So, they did not do us any favors there. They DID put the number 6 team in the country in as a #5 seed, though. So, I see it as they screwed us.

lsu rightfully got a #1 seed. They played much lower seeds than us in the first two rounds. In the second round, they only won by 11 points. If lsu brings that game tomorrow, we win. If they bring the game that they won the SEC tournament with, it will be a battle of epic proportions.

Same goes for the Techsters. If we bring the game that we played against Tenn., lsu wins. If we bring our A+ game that we play, it will be a battle of epic proportions.

This game is about this game - that is all. We are on a neutral court. lsu has an injured pg that will try to play. We have only 8 players. No excuses. This game will determine who gets to beat Texas (unless Minn. pulls it off first).

Puppy TNT is an unknown
    :wink: Let's line up and play. The winner "takes all"?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    TNT -

Alot of our fans will not admit that the "Fe-males" (and I use that term very loosely) who are ineffect the Nazgul of the Women's Basketball Committee -

Run a show that is about as fixed as the outcome of a Cuban election -

I see pull everything off campus - and put it at neutral sites from round one on...

Let it sink or swim...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    TNT -

Alot of our fans will not admit that the "Fe-males" (and I use that term very loosely) who are ineffect the Nazgul of the Women's Basketball Committee -

Run a show that is about as fixed as the outcome of a Cuban election -

I see pull everything off campus - and put it at neutral sites from round one on...

Let it sink or swim...
    Now that I agree with 100%!

+ Reply to Thread