+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I like mayhaw jelly a lot...

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I would expect Southern Maid to be the official state donut, at least outside the French Quarter.

How do you tell a beignet from sopapilla?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    weunice, CC's is closing down in Texas, the expansion did not go as good as planned.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    The politicians might get perks from the folks at the Altus vinyards. But us bottom-feeder bureaucrats still pay full price.

Dont sopapillas typically have a large hollow space in their middle? They are usually fried crispier that a spongy beignet. Also, sopapillas are served with honey. I really hope that was a joke Aub. If you cant tell a sopapilla from a beignet anymore you've been up in them thar hills too long.

I'd also vote for Rally's for Louisiana official fast food establishment. Nuttin like a fresh Rallyburger. Great fries too. And try the banana shake as well.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    CC's closing in Texas ... not good! My wife doesn't like any other place. I guess Texas cannot handle real coffee.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    967, I was just tossing that out to see what kind of response I would get. Being unfamiliar with French Quarter beignets would be as sad as being unfamiliar with Southern Maid donuts.
    Sopapillas and beignets are made out of basically the same dough. If you find a mix for one it'll work for the other. I don't know the difference in the proper cooking methods but I do prefer the powdered-sugar sprinkles to the honey sopping.
    However, I usually accept sopapillas if they come with dinner.
    I would love to have a beignet every morning. I manage to have dark-roast coffee every day and drink it until 10 p.m. or later most nights at work.
    Should Community, 8 O'clock from A&P, CDM or what be the state coffee or caffeine source? Wal-Mart sells a house-brand dark roast in Houston area and south Louisiana for $1.98 per 13 oz. that is about as good as any. I don't know which major producer provides it in their package.
    I probably have 40 pounds or so of various brands of dark roast, including a few with chicory, in my dining room, hoping not to run out before I get to travel to a Tech event again.

+ Reply to Thread