+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Win for LSPoo

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar
    I don't know why I expected anything more out of the refs. I was almost hoping that they would call fouls both ways. Turns out I was mistaken.

I was literally sick to my stomach watching the last 10 minutes of this game.

Kudos to Cheryl for sticking with it, even though you could tell she wanted to flatten those refs. 2 or 3 held balls were called where it was a CLEAR over-the-back.

Disgusting.

Excellent effort, Techsters. Sweet 16 with a new coach and a young team is an incredible accomplishment.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Let's not go there guys. The officiating was bizarre, but it pretty much went both ways. There was a lot of no-blood, no-foul -- but that has always been what Tech fans wanted from referees.

We make our free throws, we win the game. It's that simple.

There's no where to look but at ourselves.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Great season with a long winning streak thrown in for good measure. We were outscored 36-13 the last 12 minutes or so. The refs were awful but we let LSU take us out of our offense. They pushed us out and denied the entry pass quite a bit of the time. Then when we finally managed to get it in to Ford, the refs would go blind and either call a jump ball or make no call at all. Also, we forgot about Frierson in the second half. There were some calls on Ford against that Smith girl that really sucked and a couple against Erica Smith that were bogus as well. All in all, the officiating was about as bad as it always is and we just couldn't hold on.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough
    Not a "free win" for LSU; they played better in the second half and deserved the victory. Let's not start whining. The officiating was mediocre but it went both ways. They got on a hot streak and we just plain got tired, plus Cheryl missing some key free throws down the stretch.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Unfortunately Cheryl was very tired at the end and let the referees get the best of her emotionally. She was clearly upset at being called for ticky-tack fouls on defense while LSU was hanging on her every shot attempt. I thought Budke was going to get a technical on that 'jump ball' instead of personal foul near the end.

But like others have stated, the refereeing was about what it is every year in the Sweet 16 and beyond.

Awesome 31-3 "rebuilding year" with a new head coach, Lady Techsters!!!
    ________
    fat girl Webcam
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    I thought Budke was going to get a technical on that 'jump ball' instead of personal foul near the end.
    Awesome 31-3 "rebuilding year" with a new head coach, Lady Techsters!!!
    That jump ball call was one of the worst in a long time that I have seen. I agree with your BUDKE comments and how well this team did especially with only one senior.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Ya gotta love it!

Sorry for Cheryl. She worked till the end with her dad watching. She is the right stuff, even though we might have wished she could have hid her tears at the end. But she is Tech blue, Columbia or Royal, all the way and we will watch her pro career for the next 20 years, we hope!
    Her dad never got Tech to a final four and she didn't either. However, she has nothing to regret.
    She and the Techsters got a lot of respect Sunday!
    Thanks for giving me an incredibly exciting week despite the final five minutes!
    If LSU will win it all, we won't feel too bad about not going all the way ourselves this time.
    It was truly a remarkable season for the Techsters, among the top 25 Techster seasons!
    I hope our football players watched every minute and will add this game to their bag of motivation for November!

Lauren cooked a fine pot of gumbo during the game and it was extremely good after the game. I can't imagine, however, what it would have been like had we won!
    Same time, next year.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Ya gotta love it!

Sorry for Cheryl. She worked till the end with her dad watching. She is the right stuff, even though we might have wished she could have hid her tears at the end. But she is Tech blue, Columbia or Royal, all the way and we will watch her pro career for the next 20 years, we hope!
    Her dad never got Tech to a final four and she didn't either. However, she has nothing to regret.
    She and the Techsters got a lot of respect Sunday!
    Thanks for giving me an incredibly exciting week despite the final five minutes!
    If LSU will win it all, we won't feel too bad about not going all the way ourselves this time.
    It was truly a remarkable season for the Techsters, among the top 25 Techster seasons!
    I hope our football players watched every minute and will add this game to their bag of motivation for November!

Same time, next year.
    I agree with you AUB!

+ Reply to Thread