+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Results of Restaurant Referendum

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Just curious. Have there been any new restaurants come to town since the alcohol referendum passed? Any locals got the inside scoop.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    I was in Rus-town weekend-before-last and didn't see any new restaurants that would fit your typical chain setup (Chili's, Outback, Saltgrass, etc.) ...

I did eat at Brother John's on the corner of Trenton and Alabama. It was lunchtime Friday and I had the catfish ... good stuff and pretty cheap. Folks there were real nice and I'll be sure to visit the next time I'm there during the week. There's also a new Cajun restaurant on Hwy. 33 by the old Dodge dealership (Domangue's). Haven't been there yet.

I just knew that as soon as that referendum passed in Ruston that we'd see those chain joints pop up everywhere. I see that it's having a huge impact on the Ruston economy already!

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game
    A couple of new restaurants (Italian and Mexican) are on the way. They want be chain franchises, but they will be good additions.
    ________
    Bacardia
    Last edited by dawg88; 05-04-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    There is a movie theatre coming where the old WlaMart/Buds used to be. I'd expect that to draw a couple eateries if it happens as planned.

Puppy Bulldawg2003 is an unknown
    It will not be in the old Walmart/Buds building. That was purchased by a local company and they are moving in there.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light
    I heard from a Chile's employee that Chilles, Outback, and Hooters are looking for places to build. I don't know how much I trust this information, but that's what I've heard.

I didn't think that there would immediately be new chains in town. They've got to find a good place to build. Ruston's been growing, and most of the good spots are taken. I don't know where on Trenton/Vienna or Cooktown/Tech Drive you could build.

Puppy Bulldawg2003 is an unknown
    I heard that Outback is coming also, but have not heard anything about the other two.

+ Reply to Thread