+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody heard anything about this?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Some of y'all are MUCH MORE in the know than I am, but I heard a rumor, and it may be JUST THAT, that there have been some discussions between ULL and Tech on a possible name change for Tech. :shock:

The individual I talked to said that apparently, ULL is concerned about ULM's possible drop back to I-AA and what impact that has on the "University of Louisiana" tag they worked so hard for. We know that NLU got suckered into that with the legislation saying that 2 schools had to agree to do it, but what they didn't forsee was ULM's possible drop back to I-AA leaving ULL alone as the only I-A school with the UL-X name. A portion of that legislation said it had to be another I-A school to change their name.

He also "speculated" that Tech was willing to talk to ULL because of the envisioned I-A realignment and seeing the two schools might be able to better position themselves, conference wise, if they worked together. University of Louisiana - Tech (ULT) is what is being considered for Tech.

Anybody else heard of something like this in the works or being discussed? It wouldn't be TOO much of a change, but I hate being lumped in with the other "directionals" and University of Louisiana Tech has a nice ring to it :cry:

TDF

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    NO WAY!! We would need to FIGHT this in a BIG WAY if true! :x

This might only be a Clinton type trial balloon. But I bet we NEVER enter into anything like the above.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar
    Come on Tyler, think about what day today is. :lol:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg
    Come on Tyler, think about what day today is. :lol:
    8O OK>> OK>> I took the bait hook line and sinker ops: !!! I guess I should delete the above post of mine ops: . NAH!!! Everyone already knows how mindless I can get on BB&B :roll: .

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    That sounds like somebody pulling your chain - no way we'd go for that!

And I bit, too.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    [quote:af7dce91c5="Lone Star Dawg"]Come on Tyler, think about what day today is. :lol:
    8O OK>> OK>> I took the bait hook line and sinker ops: !!! I guess I should delete the above post of mine ops: . NAH!!! Everyone already knows how mindless I can get on BB&B :roll: .[/quote:af7dce91c5]

:lol: Gotcha! :wink:

TDF

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    :lol: Gotcha! :wink:

TDF
    I OWE YOU ONE! 8-)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Ray,

You are the genuine article -

We need MORE posters like you...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Ray,

You are the genuine article -

We need MORE posters like you...
    Thanks>>> I think.

Puppy Baddawg88 is an unknown
    Good April Fools joke!! University of Louisiana--Tech, yeah that sounds great.

+ Reply to Thread