+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I really like the movie Bull Durham.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    but wouldn't piss on Tim Robbins or Susan Sarandon if they were on fire:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...106EDT0539.DTL

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I think if Sarandon and Robbins would have given them assurances that they would have not used platform to express their "political" views they would have allowed the film celebration to go on -

She wasn't given an opportunity to say anything at the Oscars for a reason -

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I don't like Sarandon or Robbins or their views anymore than anyone else here, but I disagree with what was done to them.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Sarandon and Robins expressed their opinion.

AND, the promoter of the event expressed his!

Sounds fair to me.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    Sarandon and Robins expressed their opinion.

AND, the promoter of the event expressed his!

Sounds fair to me.
    AMEN!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Hey Dwayne, have you heard from your brothers? I hope and pray all is safe and well. America is busting with pride over our troops and their success!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Todd is not in the theatre of operation -

Scott is somewhere in Iraq - I have a hard time getting a "feel" for his emails -

His tone seems to suggest that we are doing a job and doing it VERY well, but things are not as tidy and clean as the news makes it out to be - my guess is that we are killing ALOT of Iraqi soldiers who are dying in futile attacks instead of surrendering...

Thanks for the update. I know this must be a tough time for you guys.

:P :P MON APRIL 21, 2003 09:03:36 ET SARANDON MOVIE ON CBS FINISHES LAST PLACE IN OVERNIGHTS :P :P :P

Outspoken anti-war activist Susan Sarandon hit severe ratings turbulence on CBS Sunday night with her original telefilm ICE BOUND -- landing last in overnight ratings and losing nearly 40% of audience levels from the previous Sunday on CBS.

ICE pulled a frosty 5.5 rating/9 share in NIELSEN's 55 overnight markets.

But it was in New York City where Sarandon hit complete bottom.

At 9 PM in Gotham, Sarandon trailed even the WB network's BLACK SASH [3.5/5], with a 3.4 rating/5 share -- the lowest seen for CBS on Sunday night in recent memory.

It is not clear if it was ICE's subject matter -- a woman suffering from breast cancer in the South Pole -- or if it was viewership rejection of Sarandon that resulted in the startling ratings crash.

CBS finished first in its 7 PM slot with 60 MINS [7.5/14].

A rerun of NBC's LAW AND ORDER [10.2/16] took top honors at 9 PM; ABC's holiday airing of TEN COMMANDMENTS [8.9/14] won 10 PM.

"Sure, [ICE BOUND] was a disappointment in the ratings," a CBS source said Monday from New York. "But Susan's acting was terrific and we are very proud to have aired the movie."

Total audience levels, despite the holiday, were nearly identical to the previous week, research shows.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I didn't know about Sarandon's movie. I only surf the channel cables when I have a night I can watch, usually Sunday or Monday.
    I did, however, take great pleasure from watching Bull Durham and Field of Dreams this weekend. I can't imagine someone boycotting a film because one of the actors spoke in good conscience on a subject of concern in a time of crisis. When I watch a good John Wayne movie, I don't think of John Wayne as a guy who may have made some statements based on ignorance or different from my view. I enjoy John Wayne in the role he is playing. Do we need graduate students in film criticism to start researching the documented political comments of actors from early in the 20th century so that we can have some way of deciding whether to watch an old classic movie or not?

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I can't imagine someone boycotting a film because one of the actors spoke in good conscience on a subject of concern in a time of crisis. When I watch a good John Wayne movie, I don't think of John Wayne as a guy who may have made some statements based on ignorance or different from my view. I enjoy John Wayne in the role he is playing.
    I think you will find that a huge population of America will have a LONG memory concerning these actors. John Wayne would NEVER have said the terrible things that these clowns did at such poor timing. He had much better stage presence and timing. Besides, he was an AMERICAN FIRST!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Is Bill O'Reilly a left-winger?

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Is Bill O'Reilly a left-winger?
    I think he still has both of his arms! :wink:

Seriously, I have seen him take left and/or the right side depending upon the topic. He probably leans more to the right. :wink: However, he is "fair and balanced."

FOX ROCKS!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    There are some issues that O'Reilly is not conservative on. He opposes the death penalty. And, he's definitely not as sweet and nice as most of us conservatives (gg). I hate the way he talks over his guests - even when I do agree with him. Actually he's well to the left of Shawn Hannity. He calls himself an independent.

+ Reply to Thread