+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SO......."covering LSU billboards" will help Tech

Puppy Los Angeles Tiger is an unknown
    A Great Job in Los Angeles working in entertainment advertising. I love Louisiana, but there aren't a lot of jobs in my field there, not even in New Orleans. By the way, my oldest brother went to Tech in the early 70's.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    I love Louisiana, but there aren't a lot of jobs in my field there, not even in New Orleans.

I bet. Not too many jobs in a lot of fields. (Just read that it looks like ExxonMobil is leaving NO and taking about 350 real good jobs with them...)

Would you agree that the ass backward thinking that prevails regarding how Louisiana is run hurts this state (and causes educated folks like yourself to go other places to find real jobs)?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg
    I love Louisiana, but there aren't a lot of jobs in my field there, not even in New Orleans.

(and causes educated folks like yourself to go other places to find real jobs)?
    Gee Turbodawg, you are giving Los Angeles Tiger a lot of credit. They just probably pay the pastor of one of those snake dancing churches he mentioned better in California. :P

Turbodawg,
    I read about Exxon leaving New Orleans. Very sad indeed. Nagin is doing a great job, but it will take him and future mayors like him to help clean up the mess that exists in that city. I don't think that people have a perception that Louisiana is backwards, just that the politics are so corrupt and you have to grease so many palms that businesses aren't interested in moving there. People here either want to visit Louisiana, or if they have been, rave about what a great time they had there and how they plan on making another trip to the state. It is so unfortunate that the politicians have ruined the state (Edwards, Brown, etc.). I love my home state and hope that I will be able to retire there. It has so much to offer. I lived in New Orleans for a few years and the city has the politcial mess but it also has a very poor business sense. Companies there pay employees too little compared to cities with similar cost of living expense. That's why so many of Louisiana's college students leave the state once they graduate.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    just that the politics are so corrupt and you have to grease so many palms that businesses aren't interested in moving there.... It is so unfortunate that the politicians have ruined the state...

Yep.

And I think you'll also have to include in that statement that those same corrupt politicians have, over the years, pretty much ruined (or failed to establish in the first place, perhaps) higher education in this state.

I've said it a million times... it's pretty freaking sad when you know that you can go to Mississippi or Alabama (the states which *sometimes* keep Louisiana from being ranked dead last last in catagories like poverty rate, unemployment, health care, etc.) and get a better public university education than you can in Louisiana.

You come to this board and ask "I can't understand why Tech fans hate LSU."

Well, maybe a good reason for that is when it gets down to the nut-cuttin', LSU is pretty much a prime-example-poster-child for the old-time, provinical, backwards thinking and the short-sighted, failed policies that have kept this state in the dark ages.

Over the years, the legislature has thrown countless money at your unversity; meanwhile up in the piney hills, the little science and engineering school has had to make do for 110 years. Do you think this state has gotten its money's worth? Do you think the state is better or worse off because of it? Do you think the state would be a better place if LSU AND TECH (and USL and UNO for that matter) were on more equal footing as far as funding and research?

Huey wanted a play-toy with a marching band. Not a research institution. And I think he's still got it.

Why do I 'hate' LSU?

I tell you what -- you tell me why I shouldn't; and remember, at least for the time being, I'm still living here...

Best of luck to you out there, and I hope there's still a state for you to come back to by the time you retire.

(sorry about all the edits, and the ones i surely missed; maybe i'll learn to spell one day.)

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles Tiger
    Just to let you know, LSU Athletics is self-sufficient. Not a dime of state money goes toward LSU Athletics.
    Really? Is that how Tiger Stadium was built? Surely, you don't really believe that do you?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    By the way, doesn't majority win.
    The $ec would sure have you think so, huh? Actually, in college sports winning (supposedly) takes place ON THE FIELD!

See the other thread in football. No sense having the same discussion in 2 forums.

Puppy cornhuskr1 is on the way down cornhuskr1's Avatar
    Sounds like the "Good Ol' Boy Network" here in the south, the LSU is so proud of!

Gooddawg,
    The bowl part of Tiger Stadium was built by WPA money, but the two upper decks, West opened in the late 70's and the East opened in 2000 were built by Athletic Department fundraising through the likes of TAF.
    Cornhuskr1,
    I wouldn't talk if I were you. I've been to Omaha a couple of times for the CWS. Great time. Husker fans were very nice and a lot of them were pulling for the Tigers.

Puppy cornhuskr1 is on the way down cornhuskr1's Avatar
    :lol: L A Tiger. I'm with you all the way in LSU Baseball. Your right about the fans up in Nebraska, we do support every school. That's just how mid western's are. I was more concern about how LSU fans (politican's) treat the football teams when they are not winning or treat their head football coach if he is not doing what THEY want done! Things are getting alittle better with the new AD (Bertman) in a leadership role.

Cornhuskr1,
    Thank God Skip is AD. I couldn't stand Joe Dean, or as a lot of us refer to him as Jim Beam. He was the worst AD ever at LSU. He gets the credit as AD for the baseball success at LSU when it was Bob Broadhead that brought Skip Bertman in. I liked Bob (was a student at LSU when he was AD). I think Bertman is by far going to be the best AD LSU has ever had.
    When I was at LSU we played Nebraska in the Orange and 2 Sugar Bowls. I had a great time when our band had a party with your band a couple of days before the games. Love going to Omaha for the CWS. There's a bar there that becomes the "LSU Bar" when we're there. The guy paints the outside wall with an LSU logo and puts lots of purple & gold inside. Had a blast there both times I've been (98 and 2000 when we beat Stanford for the NC).

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar
    LSU BLOWS

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Indeed! That was strange. Reading a few posts immediately above I began to wonder where I was and had to check the address bar to make sure I was on bb&B.

+ Reply to Thread