+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SO......."covering LSU billboards" will help Tech

Puppy TNT is an unknown
    8-)It will take more than a "coverup". LSU is the "main event" in Louisiana. No amount of covering up will change THAT!

I just read a link about how Tech fans are exhibiting "Lil Jack Horner Pride" about COX Billboards in the Ruston area. You'd think we are competing for "top billing" in the state. All you have to do is look at the fan base and NCAA documented statistics on "event attendance!" I guess some will never aggrandize their status. When one continually "look over his/her shoulder at others "wares" it tends to make one vain/envious. In comparison to ,Jack H." there is a slight difference. The Techsters did not plunge their thumbs in a Plum Pie nor do they have a "plumb on the thumb"! What envy! What shame! What covetiousness! For that envy, vindictiveness and covetiousness, I hope Skip Bertman decides to drop any future plans to play Tech in any sport. I had expressed a wish for Ms. Gunter to schedule Da Tekstas, but I have changed my mind. You people are not worthy!!

While youz guyz travel the Big West in your "covered wagon", we'll continue to travel the airspace of the Southeast and remember to "stealth" our aircraft. There are "snipers" and "guerilla/terrorists" in the NE corner of our state. I'll call my brother to fly his A-10 Warthog to fly sorties "that way"! I hope he can see "something" on the ground when he DOES. I remind him to "avoid blinking"!

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar
    You have some SERIOUS punctuation issues, and are in severe need of a grammar lesson. Is that what you got when you paid for an LSPoo education?? GAWD I'm glad I went to TECH...always have been, but thank you for reminding me of one of the primary reasons.

Everyone in my family except for me and one uncle (who is also a TECH grad) went to LSPoo. Grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings...everyone. (It's a convenience thing...they all live there.) And even THEY get annoyed with people like you who run their mouths to no end about LSPoo's superiority. Don't get me wrong...they are all HUGE tigger fans, and they indulge in every opportunity to rib me about the Techsters and the Dawgs. But when we are talking about each University, even my die-hard tigger-fan relatives concede that both are excellent academic institutions, and that both have earned and deserve respect.

My grandfather and late grandmother received the Purple and Gold Award this year for their many contributions to LSU. They have invested their time and their money into the university that they love. He was an Ag Professor for many years, and served as director of an Ag Research Station for pretty much my entire childhood. After he retired, they established scholarship programs to give kids the opportunity to attend LSU.

As much as I dislike people like you who mouth off about LSPoo, I still respect the University for producing people as honorable as my grandfather and all of the other members of my family who are alumni.

To say we are not worthy to play the tiggers is absolutely ridiculous, although I am sure there are some members of the SEC who would say the same about you. In-state games are a good thing for everyone involved...everyone wins economically, especially the state of Louisiana.

In reference to your comment about our envy of the LSPoo billboards, I think we all agree that TECH is not trying to compete for top billing. But LSPoo is not in Ruston. TECH is in Ruston. And in our attempts to strengthen our fan base and increase local support for our University, we take offense to these backwards steps taken by local companies.

As far as this comment:
    "All you have to do is look at the fan base and NCAA documented statistics on "event attendance!"
    You must not have majored in math. I can deduce that even if we both filled our stadiums at every sporting event, you guys would still win the stats game on attendance. That's what happens when one facility is bigger than the other. :roll: :idea:

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT
    I hope Skip Bertman decides to drop any future plans to play Tech in any sport. I had expressed a wish for Ms. Gunter to schedule Da Tekstas, but I have changed my mind. You people are not worthy!!
    Why stop that excercise with Tech? If your perception of the "magnificent" purple and yellow were true, you and Mr. "Skip" should immediately petition the NCAA to pass a RESOLUTION which would (effective immediately) no longer require your "school" to participate in ANY regular season sporting events and "automagically" (no need in all that, and it seems that actually playing the "games" gets in the way of your rightfully deserved "national championships", as it were.) advance to both final fours, the cws, and the Rose Bowl without getting bogged down by playing a single game.

If this attempt fails, maybe at least you could convice "Billy" Cannon to print you up some "certificates" stating that your "school" is, indeed, the "National Champs" in the respective sports. I hear he does "good" work -- not perfect, but almost "passing".

Thank you again for voicing your farsighted "cerebrations" in our community. It is my opinion, however, that your latest installment, seems a bit lacking. Are you feeling well? Perhaps a pesky rail car in your neighborhood is leaking (isocyonate gas, maybe? At least something chlorinated, I feel sure.) and you are unaware? Is your speech slurred? Do be cautious.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Dang Turbo ... i think you have your finger on tnt's pulse. You've about got bitchslapping this flamer down to a science!

Puppy TNT is an unknown
    If you call Turbo's flailings "beotch slapping"...Sir I'd have to enroll you in the "Science Of Beotch Slapping"! You'd probably pay tuition and enroll. The envy and covetiousness at Da Teksta Gap is PALBABLE. *

*If this "too" is not in your Teksta Dictionary.....don't emabarass yourself with a reply OK? UH HUH 8-)

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT
    Sir I'd have to enroll you in the "Science Of Beotch Slapping"!
    I've reached almost an ontological impasse -- I'm torn over whether a reply to that should include a "Diesel" Collins reference or if it should take a more "morality-play" route with an academic fraud/death threat reference, but for the time-being I'll "refrain" from either and supplicate:

PALBABLE? Palpable, maybe?

As your "gaffes" and "illogic thought processes" become more evident, I can't help but be more concerned than ever about your condition. "Slipping", as it were. Any nausea or vomiting (more than usual, of course)?

Flailing away with gentle class and genuine concern,

turbodawg

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Hey, somebody pull Turbo off this poor guy. Down Turbo, down!
    :lol:
    ________
    Lovely Wendie
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Well guys, it's true....tiggers are full of themselves. But in this state, anyway, they own the bragging rights. I know the knee-jerk reaction is to lash out at flames, like TNT's diatribe, but, the reality is there is too much truth to what he says.

A couple of weeks ago one of those embedded reporters asked a marine if he was concerned about a massive Iraqi counter-attack. The marine grinned and said, "if they come, we'll just kill 'em all." It ain't boasting if you can back it up.

On another thread Dwayne lamented that only about 1,000 people actually buy FB season tix, amounting to about 6,000 seats sold. The truth is, why should anyone buy season tix for Tech FB? You can still walk up to the gate, 30 mins before kickoff, on the east side, buy a ticket and sit between the 40's! Even for game like Boise last year with the conference title on the line too. Just the facts, folks.

Clearly, Tech has accomplished some good things in athletics in recent years. All the more remarkable when you consider the lack of support from north Louisiana, and some bonehead, self-inflicted wounds from administrative decisions. Tech is successful (moderately) inspite of itself.

The future remains promising and bright. If we ever get smart and sell corporate advertising in Aillet, don't be surprised to see an LSU ad......

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Now TNT, don't be a jerk. The Tech folks have very valid reasons for not wanting the Cox billboards featuring LSU in Ruston, not all of which I agree with but do understand. To a certain extent, I'm with them, meaning I say that if LSU can be on a billboard in Ruston, then Tech can be on a billboard in Baton Rouge. Why not? Both are state institutions, belonging to all the people of Louisiana (I consider Tech to be a state institution, they are Louisiana's technical/engineering/hard sciences university) so what's the big deal? And while we're at it, since Cox is supposed to be carrying some Tech athletic events on the tube next year (like the Tech/LSU football game) why can't Tech and LSU and every other college in Louisiana share billboard space? Let's not make everything a turf war. A lot more can be achieved through cooperation.

I'm also still in favor of playing Tech, along with every other Louisiana college, in all sports, every year (yes even football). Better them then Western Illinois. If you know anything about the inner workings of the business side of college sports, you should know why Skip scheduled these games. It's important for them, for us, for the whole state.

Let's not act like gorillas on other people's boards now. I don't like it when other people do that to us, so I'm not going to do it to other people (Golden Rule and all that). I'd still be willing to bet Tech gives us an awesome football game, so I will not be writing any "verbal checks" that might bounce later. I'm humble in victory and gracious in defeat, something my high school coach and my parents taught me. We should all be that way. If we were, perhaps LSU fans wouldn't have the reputation that we do.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Putting an lsu billboard up in Ruston is like putting a Tech billboard up in the PMAC. I agree there is a lot of envy and jealousness from Tech fans towards lsu. What's wrong with that? Do I want 90K plus at Tech games-sure. Would I like to be in the SEC-sure. Would I like to have a gigantic athletic budget and state $$$$$-of course. Some will not admit it but sure we're jealous and you would be too if the roles were reversed.

After last year's performance, I don't see Tech giving lsu a good game in Baton Rouge next year; though I hope I am wrong.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Good the good news is that lsu has been beaten by worse teams in BR on HC night. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I may not be by the time November gets here. I just wish I felt as good as I did this time last year so I could talk some trash to my soon to be ex-lsu friends.

Puppy Los Angeles Tiger is an unknown
    Just to let you know, LSU Athletics is self-sufficient. Not a dime of state money goes toward LSU Athletics. In fact, the athletic department has provided millions of dollars to the University.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    LSU Athletics is self-sufficient
    As well it should be after 100 years of legislative and fiscal favor! Sheesh ... do ya wanna freakin cookie! :?

Throw any school the kind of money and favoritism and protection that lsu was showered with for decades, and I guarantee they'll eventually be self-sufficient too!

I bet L.A. is the perfect self-absorbed, souless, cultureless, wasteland mecca for tiger fans. There must be huge alum group out there!

Puppy Los Angeles Tiger is an unknown
    Champ, I didn't come on your board to insult you, just state facts. LSU's Athletic Department was self sustaining before I was born. Don't blame LSU for the fact that La Tech only draws around 20,000 for their home games and the Tigers draw 92,000. By the way, doesn't majority win. LSU has over 30,000 students. La Tech is less than 1/2 the size. More people go to LSU so more money should go there for academics. And if you're going to insult L.A., then I'm sure your happy with Ruston. You probably go to one of those churches where people are dancing with snakes. Hell, your probably the pastor at one of those churches.

Los Angeles,

Just curious...

I think you said in another post you're from S'port originally, and Baton Rouge educated. Why'd you leave Louisiana?

+ Reply to Thread