+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How is the Socialogy Department at Tech?

Puppy Popofadog is an unknown
    I have a daughter I am trying to get to Tech. How is the Socialogy (sp?)program there?

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)
    I only took one class of "Stokley-ology" at TECH and just from that I really can't give an opinion on the other corses in the Major. I do know Dr. Stokley and can say that your daughter will get probably the best education in sociology if she takes the courses under Dr. Stokley and the other profs at TECH.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light
    The great thing about Tech is that you, as a student, can spend time with your professors if you want. I'm in Computer Science, so I can't tell you anything about Sociology, but I've spent many late nights talking with my professors. I've talked to them about how Tech is doing compared to other schools. Their answer is always that we don't have as much technology, but we have the one-on-one time that you can't get anywhere else.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I will vouch for the fine education your daughter will receive from the Dept. of Social Sciences. The Liberal Arts curriculum at Tech affords many opportunities for a learning experience as well-rounded and multi-facted as you care to make it. And Dr. Stoke is great!

And, yes, profs are almost always available at Tech for 1-on-1 time. The faculty culture at Tech is a very open one. They are there to TEACH! And they take that commitment very personally.

Those were just observations, though. (I took 3 Soc. classes while at Tech.)

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    don't know much about the sociology program, but if it were me, i'd make an engineer out of her!

Puppy LDawg is an unknown
    Well if your daughter wants to get a job after graduation, she better study Engineering, Aviation, or Psychology, anything else at tech, well, under the advice of myself, many many alumni, current students, and believe it or not, some professors, go somewhere else , like oh no , im cant, say it, i cant, oh oh, LSU. Now not to sound so mean, the 3 programs of study i mentioned are very, very good at tech, and you are about 99% guaranteed a job, or atleast acceptance to grad school. later.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDawg
    Well if your daughter wants to get a job after graduation, she better study Engineering, Aviation, or Psychology, anything else at tech, well, under the advice of myself, many many alumni, current students, and believe it or not, some professors, go somewhere else , like oh no , im cant, say it, i cant, oh oh, LSU. Now not to sound so mean, the 3 programs of study i mentioned are very, very good at tech, and you are about 99% guaranteed a job, or atleast acceptance to grad school. later.
    I doubt that. I've got two sisters that have accounting degrees from Tech and they've done fine. Now, I KNOW I got a good engineering education at Tech, but I think your limitation on majors in those three areas is way too strict!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I doubt that. I've got two sisters that have accounting degrees from Tech and they've done fine. Now, I KNOW I got a good engineering education at Tech, but I think your limitation on majors in those three areas is way too strict!
    Ditto! Geologist here however it was in the School of Engineering.

Puppy LDawg is an unknown
    Well, Tech has made it on the list of "Americas Best College Buys", i will tell you this, tech is a damn fine school considered what we pay to go here, or what the state pays for us to go here. :idea:

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Popofadog
    How is the Socialogy (sp?)program there?
    I loved the classes and professors I had in sociology, but I majored in psychology. Chances are your daughter will change her mind on her major when she gets to college anyway so just be sure you send her to Tech and no matter what she majors in she'll be fine.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    Tech's Lib Arts program has been very enjoyable to me.. Stokely is an AWESOME teacher. Steve Graves in Geography, though brutal in class, is as good a teacher as you'd ask for. He really makes you know your stuff. ANd the history professors are great. Dr. Cook's LA History is wonderful...

+ Reply to Thread