+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tulane Dropping Athletics???

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I heard a conversation on Drive Time Sports today here in Ark. that Tulane may be dropping all of their athletic programs because they are having trouble funding them. Has anyone else heard anything?

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    The current rumor being discussed is that Tulane would drop to Division 3 in all sports except for baseball, which would remain at Division 1. Football would be dropped altogether.

This story is just starting to take off in New Orleans. Those in the know at Tulane tried to keep this a secret, but a leak to Tulane fan web site (don't know which one) spilled the beans.

Bulldog hisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the ears
    all sports must be played at the same level. A school cannot have d1 football, d3 baseball etc...

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Perhaps SpaceDawg meant dropping from I-A to I-AAA (no football).

It would be like Centenary. Still Div I for basketball and baseball but they would not have football.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hisaw
    all sports must be played at the same level. A school cannot have d1 football, d3 baseball etc...
    I was just repeating what I heard on WWL radio last night. I can't vouch for the accuracy of it.

I do know I heard Division 3...not I-AAA.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around here
    I guess they are going to be the same as UNO, with just a baseball team and Basketball team. This is strange because I heard that Tulane had lots of sucess getting a good crowd at Tad Gormley stadium in City park.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around here
    If this news is true and Tulane drops football I wounder who C-USA will put in their place?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs241
    If this news is true and Tulane drops football I wounder who C-USA will put in their place?
    ULL

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown
    "ULL" Dirtydawg. (commenting on Tulane's replacement in CUSA)

I agree. However, when the invitation is issued, CUSA becomes confused by the UL name and sends the invite to Monroe, Louisiana. The invitation goes unanswered because the administration refuses to authorize the purchase of stamps.

On a serious note, should ULL get such an invite, would the incessant, strident LSU bashing by the ULL faithful affect their entry? I can see where it would. Sometimes it's best not to poke sticks at the 500 pound gorilla. Especially when you live in the same cage.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I don't think the LSU bashing would affect their entry at all. I think LSU and their faithful are smug enough to know that ULL's membership in CUSA won't affect their standing in the state.

Why would they take ULL in C-USA? I thought they were in the same boat as ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs241
    Why would they take ULL in C-USA? I thought they were in the same boat as ULM.
    No indeed. Especially if you ask Dwayne or Houndoggy. Supposedly ULL is the next up and coming non-BCS university. According to some who post on this board, ULL has everything going for them and they'll be set to garner an invite by CUSA if they can put together a couple of winning seasons.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    ULL has never had any consistency in football. I do not believe they would get an invite to C-USA. Marshall and UCF would definitely be ahead of ULL.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    ULL has never had any consistency in football. I do not believe they would get an invite to C-USA. Marshall and UCF would definitely be ahead of ULL.
    Marshall and UCF doesn't have the basketball that ULL has. And, when it comes down to it, CUSA is still first and foremost a basketball conference.

+ Reply to Thread