+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keeping up with Techsters (WNBA)

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    FYI, the following Techsters found teams with the dispersal draft in the WNBA yesterday

Cleveland Rockers Betty Lennox, G, Miami
    Phoenix Mercury Tamicha Jackson, G, Portland
    Seattle Storm Alisa Burras, F, Portland

Miami and Portland no longer exist. Cleveland is where Janice Braxton Lawrence finished her playing days in the WNBA. Phoenix is where Amanda Wilson spent a couple of seasons on IR. To my knowledge this is the first time we have had a player on a Seattle roster. Pretty soon I am not going to have a team I do not like.

With Cheryl Ford likely to go in the first round, look for Louisiana Tech to increase its representation in the WNBA.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    There are some good post players in the draft this year. I am hoping Ford goes at #10 to New York.

The Techster dream team would be closer to reality soon.

TSpoon
    VJ
    Ford

All they need then would be some trades to get Lennox, Jackson, Burras, and Walker over there.

Is Monica Maxwell still in? She was last year, I believe.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Maxwell is getting virtually no playing time in Indiana. Saw Ford went to Detroit. I still have a hard time rooting for them even though they have had 3 Techsters in uniform there in their history. (Ford, Walker, Jackson)

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    It's interesting that 20%-plus of the dispersal draft was former Lady Techsters.

This has got to be the most # of active Lady Techster alums in the WNBA at one time- nine.

New York- Teresa Weatherspoon and Vickie Johnson
    Detroit- Cheryl Ford and Ayana Walker
    Seattle- Takeisha Lewis and Alisa Burras
    Cleveland- Betty Lennox
    Phoenix- Tamicha Jackson
    Indiana- Monica Maxwell
    ________
    Justin Bieber Fan
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I think you are right DogsWin.

On a related note, Cheryl going as #3 helps our recruiting tremendously. The best players in high school today want to go to a program that can help them get to the WNBA. They pay attention to how many we have in the pros and where they go in the draft. Having nine players in right now helps.

Also, congrats to Tulsa having the #11 pick with Allison Curtain. That was a big surprise to the announcers on Friday. It has to help Tulsa and the WAC if they capitalize on it.

Actually we have had this many Techsters in the WNBA before and we may have had more in the WNBA in prior years.

Here are some players that have been in the league. I am too lazy to figure out the details. You used to be able to find players no longer in the league by taking a link and putting the appropriate players name in.

LaShawn Brown was on the roster of the Mystics at one time.
    Raquell Spurlock was in camp for the Comets but never made the team. That was the first season of the WNBA BTW.
    Venus Lacy played in New York for a season or two.
    Janice Lawrence played in Cleveland for a while early in the life of the league (still coaches there?)
    Also, Amanda Wilson is not in the WNBA any more. She sat for a couple of years on Phoenix's bench.

+ Reply to Thread