+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Tyler, no one has posted in three full days, so I guess I have to stir this pot.

I don't have a problem with people quoting the Bible as much as with their failure to quote any other major pieces of world literature or even to explain in their own words their reasoning for certain beliefs, opinions, attitudes, comments, etc.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Tyler, no one has posted in three full days, so I guess I have to stir this pot.

I don't have a problem with people quoting the Bible as much as with their failure to quote any other major pieces of world literature or even to explain in their own words their reasoning for certain beliefs, opinions, attitudes, comments, etc.
    The beautiful thing about the Bible that makes it different from all other works of literature is that it is timeless and IS the source for beliefs, opinions, attitudes, and comments - I don't need another source. While I occasionally read other books, the time I spend elsewhere is minute in comparison - and I see no reason to change that based on anything I've learned/studied/etc. to date.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    The beautiful thing about the Bible that makes it different from all other works of literature is that it is timeless and IS the source for beliefs, opinions, attitudes, and comments - I don't need another source. While I occasionally read other books, the time I spend elsewhere is minute in comparison - and I see no reason to change that based on anything I've learned/studied/etc. to date.
    Well said Markay714.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg
    DD,

Question for you. Choose one

A) God will overthrow an evil government by His own means when the governments time has come and will never use other humans to do so.

B) God can/will use other humans/governments to overthrow another government when its time has come.
    How convenient, NTX. Why only those two choices? How about this. You answer this question.

Do you believe that President Bush is more of an instrument of God than King David was? The very same King David that refrained from killing King Saul even though David knew that he was to be the next King? How much easier did David have it than Pres. Bush? I mean he was right on top of an undefended Saul. George W. had to invade with his army. If David and Saul had been alive now, I'm sure Saul would be dead with the justification that God had delivered him into his hands. Don't you think?

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    How convenient, NTX. Why only those two choices? How about this. You answer this question.

Do you believe that President Bush is more of an instrument of God than King David was? The very same King David that refrained from killing King Saul even though David knew that he was to be the next King? How much easier did David have it than Pres. Bush? I mean he was right on top of an undefended Saul. George W. had to invade with his army. If David and Saul had been alive now, I'm sure Saul would be dead with the justification that God had delivered him into his hands. Don't you think?

Only two choices because they are the only two possible answers to my questions. Either God can/will, (if He chooses) to use humans to depose evil rulers, or God won't. I made no reference to GW and the war on Iraq. I have no idea if the U.S. was an instrument of God in this war. But I do believe that God can/will at times use one government as "His instrument" against another. Is it possible that the U.S. was used as an instruement of God? Sure it is. Whether or not that is the case in this instance is up for debate. But don't automatically say that it was not the case, Because truthfully, while on earth, we'll never know.

As to the comparision to GW and King David. "more of and instrument" is an interesting phrase when you think about it. I guess and instrument of God is an instrument of God, period. Pharoh was an instrument of God to his own destruction.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg

Only two choices because they are the only two possible answers to my questions. Either God can/will, (if He chooses) to use humans to depose evil rulers, or God won't. I made no reference to GW and the war on Iraq. I have no idea if the U.S. was an instrument of God in this war. But I do believe that God can/will at times use one government as "His instrument" against another. Is it possible that the U.S. was used as an instruement of God? Sure it is. Whether or not that is the case in this instance is up for debate. But don't automatically say that it was not the case, Because truthfully, while on earth, we'll never know.

As to the comparision to GW and King David. "more of and instrument" is an interesting phrase when you think about it. I guess and instrument of God is an instrument of God, period. Pharoh was an instrument of God to his own destruction.

Actually, NTX, there could have been at least one other option to choose, but it's irrelevant at this point when you consider you've made my point for me and that was that no one can say the G. W. was God's instrument. However, I think it's highly unlikely that he was when you consider things such as the encounters of David and Saul. If anyone could make the case for taking out the reigning monarch, it was David.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Actually, NTX, there could have been at least one other option to choose, but it's irrelevant at this point when you consider you've made my point for me and that was that no one can say the G. W. was God's instrument. However, I think it's highly unlikely that he was when you consider things such as the encounters of David and Saul. If anyone could make the case for taking out the reigning monarch, it was David.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you that know one can say that G.W. or the U.S. was God's instrument. (I tend to believe that IF this war was as a result of God's intervention. God used the United States as the instrument, not G.W. individually). But I do leave open the possibility that we (the U.S.) were used as an instrument of God in this case.

The encounter with David and Saul was truly an encounter in which David showed Saul much mercy. One thing to keep in mind though is that this was a matter internal to the nation of Israel. Not one nation against another nation. God often used the nation of Israel as His instrument to utterly destroy other nations.

I know we will never see eye to eye on this, but it is nice to have a civil debate on the matter. Thanks and God bless.

P.S. What is the 3rd possible answer? I'd be interested to know what I left out.

+ Reply to Thread