+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Campus Comedy

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    OK ... I have to ask. Everyone has got a story the cracks them up from college. I do not have time to post some of mine but I will. I just want to throw out the bone.

Post the most hilarious episodes you remember from your college days .... Leave out the names to protect the innocent if necessary. Leave them in if they post here

Puppy LDawg is an unknown
    A buddy of mine smashed a spraypaint can with a sledge hammer, his face was 1/2 yellow for 2 days, he was so drunk all he could say was, "Man my moms gonna kill me if go blind", thats not the funniest in the world but hopefully it should get the ball rolling. :shock:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    OK ... I have to ask. Everyone has got a story the cracks them up from college. I do not have time to post some of mine but I will. I just want to throw out the bone.

Post the most hilarious episodes you remember from your college days .... Leave out the names to protect the innocent if necessary. Leave them in if they post here
    I know a certain couple that got locked in the TECH Farm one nite while "star gazing"...

They ended up getting a double dose of embarassment -

1) they had to walk out and call someone to pick them up and explain how they managed to get themselves locked in, a subject that is still brought up till this very day almost 20 years later when they are in certain company -

2) they ended up oversleeping the next morning and since they had to leave the vehicle there all nite - they weren't able to get the vehicle out as soon as the gates were opened and had to explain it all over again to the professor who happened to be good friends with the co-ed's parents -

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I've heard tell that a certain poster of this forum was once trapped in Dan Reneau's garage overnight.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    I know someone, personally, that, after a night out on the town, fell asleep by the RR Tracks in front of Neilson Dorm, only to be awakened, quite harshly I might add, by a 1,000-ton piece of iron blowing down the track.

There was also that time my friend was thawing out some bushy'tails to cook, and then suddenly decided to leave for the weekend. Problem was, he left the tree'rats out. He says he can remember getting off of the elevator, and smelling something, and thinking to himself, "damn, who died". As he appoached his door the smell increased, and since he didn't have a roommate, he knew that there could be but one answer.

And then there was the time, when another friend of mine, came in around 2:30 am quite hammered. It is said, that he woke our RA (Lance) up, and asked him if he could come hold his door still so he could put the key in the lock. It was moving too much!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I will try to remember some of mine ... This one immediately comes to mind.

I had a friend who decided that driving ALL of the way out of the JMAC parking lot and taking two rights was WAY too long to head out, so he decided to drive down the grassy hill behind JMAC and hit the intended road the short way. He mounted the pavement between JMAC and the Hut and headed down the hill in his snazzy white Maxda GLC. All is well.

It was a good plan except that we had about an inch and a half of rain the night before. The right front tire got lodged on the storm drain near the bottom of the hill. In a futile effort to get our friend out we awoke about 6 3rd floor McFarland guys at 2am in order to push the tiny car over the drain. Alas, we were too late, the Tech Police department showed up with a most amusing smile on their faces.

My freinds story. I was walking in to go to sleep and some "frat guys" pushed the car down the hill. Believability factor: 0

Net result. A ticket for "Operating a Vehicle on the Grass"

Another quick one. I wasn't at Tech yet but my friends told me this one.

If you enter JMAC in the center using the door on the right, stop about 5 feet in and look CLOSELY at the brick wall on the right. There is a brown brick that looks like it sticks out somewhat. That is a brownie and it has been there since 1990. Someone in the dorm made brownies and that "odd" brick is the approval rating of the batch. It was still there in 1997.

Another quick story ... this involved a friend of ours that was particularly gullible.

I will try to set this one up. My friends and I minored in spades. We played frequently. During that time we would discuss various things. The topic had come up about Cal-Berkely and a student that apparently had gone to class naked ... A young freshman was just amazed at what they allowed out there. An astute psychology major decided to pull the grandest psycho prank I have ever witnessed. He spent the rest of the night talking about the state of higher education and how they allow folks to experiement with wild ideas and that was just part of college. Naturally citing California schools as examples made this quite easy to pawn off. The freshman was HOOKED on every word he was saying.

The next night the psychology major was wearing his Psychology 469 shirt. For those who do not know, this was the sex class that they teach over in the psychology school. The psychology major decided to culminate his prank by telling the freshman student about the class.

He told the student about the things they studied in the class and noted that they tried very hard to keep the male female ratio at 50% in the class. "Why?" the freshman asked. "Because there is a lab component" replied the psychology major. "NO WAY!!!" says the freshman. "Now don't go all thinking it is fun and games. There is a final in the lab class and you have to 'perform' in front of the class."

Folks, the guy bought the whole thing, hook, line and sinker. I was in awe.

The student left totally in shock with his new found knowledge about the wacky ways of higher education. We all let him chew on his "knowledge" for a few days before we let him in on the prank. He was much wiser to our ways afterwards

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Back in the late 70's there was a certain pledge class that felt very "together" one night. They decided that the fountain in the front yard of a rival frat. would be a good place to deposit a truck load of chicken $hit. The seven brave pledges loaded up, went to Choudrant, filled up the truck, came back and deposited it in the fountain. I've never smelled.......I mean, I've been told the smell was awful. Those seven guys were thereafter known as the "Chicken$hit Seven".

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Those seven guys were thereafter known as the "Chicken$hit Seven".
    I thought that was the nickname of those 7 ENRON execs going DOWN as of yesterday? :P

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    My friends and I minored in spades.
    Spades! That's what I'm talking about. Not a whole lot else to do in Ruston other than school -- I got real good at spades (who the hell plays hearts?), dominoes, bourre, pool, darts...

About stories, I've got a real good one about the observation deck on the 16th floor in Wyly, but I think I better hold off on that one...

One time, we closed down Tech for a fake snow day. I think I told that one over on the old board, though.

I've got a pretty good one about driving back to Ruston from Las Vegas (straight though, mind you. I think that was about 24 hours of constant driving...) but it's a pretty involved story...

How about this: Choudawg mentioned the train in his post. Anybody ever hop the ol' Carruthers Express to Monroe?

Hey watch out ... we played hearts as a change of pace and if you were pissed off at someone, hearts is a more gentlemanly way to exact a little revenge. We started playing a game called 500 towards the end which is a little bit like bridge.

A little note on Spades. There was an ACUI spades tournament held in Ruston one quarter break. This is the group that also includes collegiate quiz bowl, pool, bowling (there is NCAA bowling as well) and other "games." Funny thing was that quiz bowl is the big event and Tech did not have a quiz bowl team. How they got to host the games was beyond me. I had a few friends in the pool competition and I was in the bowling competition. There was a mean pool shark from SMU that wiped away the competition until the finals against a player from Texas Tech. That was some of the meanest 9 ball I have ever seen, and I have seen that stuff on ESPN. This was the girls BTW ... The top guys were not as good as these two were.

Anyway, back to spades. My friend and I went to check out the spades competition during our downtime. I knew of about 8 teams of spades players at Tech who would have totally thrashed the represenative teams from these universities. Tech clearly missed their calling in that competition. Non-life is Ruston produces some mean card players and I have seen some stiff competition on the dominoes tables in the student center as well. These folks don't play around and I am telling you now the university ought to get together their card playing students and send them to the next ACUI event. We WILL come home with top honors.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Spades was a weekly event on Wednesday nights.

Any of you ol Dawgs ever played "acey deucy"?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg
    I've got a pretty good one about driving back to Ruston from Las Vegas (straight though, mind you. I think that was about 24 hours of constant driving...)
    It is 24 hours. I made the trip with a couple of fraternity brothers on the spur of the moment one weekend. I left broke and came home .10 richer. I kept telling the guys that I didn't have any money. One of them just told me that he would pay for my share and give me some money to gamble with, and I would just pay him back out of what I won. I guess he didn't care to much for the dime as he let me keep it.

+ Reply to Thread