+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #3 class in the nation

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Heard on sports'talk this afternoon that Hoop Scoop On Line, has ranked the dawgs with the #3 class in the nation. Thats right, ahead of lsu, Okla and other major players. I have some emails to send tomorrow, the first may be too Dandy "I ain't got a clue" Don.

Anyway, I never really put a lot of faith in these rankings, but it does show that we really have a lot of talent coming in, and it is well thought of. By the way, where are the next two final fours being held?

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    From www.zLaTech.com :

Tech's MBB Recruiting Class Ranked In Top Five Nationally
    Posted: Friday, May 2, 2003

Louisiana Tech's 2003 men's basketball recruiting class has been ranked No. 3 in the nation by the Hoop Scoop Online website.

Only No. 1 Kansas State and the University of Miami ranked higher than the Bulldogs, who were followed by Oklahoma, LSU and Maryland to round out the top five.

Coach Keith Richard said that while the first Top Five recruiting class ranking ever for the Tech men’s basketball program is a positive sign, he's more excited about seeing the potential of his future Bulldogs on the court than on paper.

"Recruiting class rankings are a lot like preseason polls," Richard said. "They don't mean anything once the season begins but are good to talk about in the spring and summer. What is really going to be fun is building this team from scratch and watching them grow and get better.”

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I'd like to know their criteria. Miss. St. signed 3 of the top 20 HS players in the nation, and LSU signed what some were saying would be the #1 class in Bball but no mention of either of those teams? I am glad for the recognition. Let's hope they can play like a #3 class in the country.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I take it this means we had the #1 recruiting class in Bball this year.
    I never saw the football classes ranked like the last 2 years were.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    It depends on the recruiting service. Some of them rate highly touted JC transfers higher because they are more capable of having an immediate impact than a good HS recruit. They have played at a higher level. I have often read that the biggest transition for big time recruits is playing against the caliber defenders at the next level up. HS players are at a disavantage here.

Last I checked we had some good JC talent coming in and we have a Parade All-American coming in. FWIW Memphis is the only other non-BCS team with a Parade All-American coming in.

That is a pretty darned good class no matter how you stack it up.

I would like to know their criteria as well.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Also, I cannot find a basketball page on DD's web site. Just baseball and football.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    He probably took it down as soon as he heard that Tech ranked about LSU in Bball recruiting this year.

TDF

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    DD is lsu's version of the "Iraqi Information Minister"

thus far, he has not returned my email I sent him

http://www.theinformationminister.co...p?ID=612136128

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    http://photos.msn.com/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6bynoZEhFj0U07YWdgBmrIEYksXsCG !DcYm2EKm8HqMnCD39jhxDNfhD2svyLrVdzZ*aUVYDeGus0n7F tTAvdiJwiVDsfNJ*lVUuS96PFbMSQ$$

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    I can't wait to get a glimpse of these new Dawgs! Either they are the real deal or somebody's related to that publisher. Notice Richard immediate playing-down of the hype, he's a smart dude. If you can't win in the WAC with the #3 rated group in the nation, you're not much of a coach. Its sort of a CATCH 22 for Keith.

Puppy UNI Fan is an unknown
    Hey Guys! It's me again. Just stopped by to say congrats on the great, great, great recruiting class. How were you able to sign six guys to the squad? I thought you could only sign 5? Either way, it is great to know that there is a very high quality team coming into Cedar Falls next November/December. Good luck to you guys this summer and stay healthy! Thanks for letting me hang around and post some! You guys have a very quality board! By the way, Illinois St., where your former assistant coach left to coach, is in our conference. Good luck!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar
    UNI

We only signed five guys. Solomon Brown, the transfer from Iona ended up not signing. I don't know if the offer was rescinded by Tech or if he changed his mind. Apparently, the coaches thought that the three guards we signed were better than he was.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    UNI,

Watchout for a team with Forbes as an assistant... He has more ties than a mens clothing store when it comes to JUCO hookups. He will bring the talent to ILL. ST.

Good luck next season. We owe you guys one from the embarassment this season...

Puppy UNI Fan is an unknown
    Thanks guys for the update! Trust me, I am very leery of you guys coming up to the UNI-Dome to take on the Cats. There is definitely alot of athleticism and talent running through your program next year. Illinois St. is typically a top 5 team in the conference, but reloading with JuCo kids is usually not an end to the means if you follow me. There is rich talent in Illinois (especially in Chicago which is only 2 hours from State) and if IlSt. was to get 2 of the top 15 kids in the state of Illinois every year, they would probably rule the roost, so it will be interesting to see how much JUCO transferring takes place. But you are right, it sounds like they have a good one!!! The MVC is tough, and I think it was proved to an extent as they went 4-0 in Bracket Busters with 2 of the top teams (SIU/CU) and 2 of the lower tier teams (UNI/IlSU) against other conferences. Good luck next year and I can't wait to see you guys in Cedar Falls!

+ Reply to Thread