+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music fans .... and Yahoo Launch

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Does anyone here use Launch?
    http://launch.yahoo.com

It is a system by which you rate songs, albums, artists and genres in order to define your tastes. At some point the thing actually becomes quite effective at suggesting music (at least in my case). Between suggestions, you get to listen to stuff you have rated high. Essentially it is like developing your own playlist without all of the work of looking for new stuff.

Is there anything else out there like it? My brother-in-law is a big Linux/Mac OSX guy and he is not fond of the idea of having to install Media Player.

Anyway, if you do Launch, post the link to your station here.

For what its worth, the name Ggoose is derived from my musical preferences.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I used to try it but it kept locking my computer up.....

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    I used to try it but it kept locking my computer up.....

Same here.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    I just started after I read your post. After I get it set up, I'll post a link.

TDF

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Here is mine...

http://launch.yahoo.com/lc/?rt=0&rp1=0&rp2=1212292708

Here is my description ...
    If you like electronic music, you will be at home here.

That said, expect a few surprises. Some jazz, classical, early 80's synth pop and late 80's and 90's new wave/alternative. I thought 4AD put some great stuff out then. Leaning heavy towards "acid jazz" and "drum-n-bass" right now.

-Ggoose

NOTE: I cannot stand songs featuring an 8 bar riff with some joker doodling with a filter for 7 minutes. I went to a government school in the US. My attention span will not allow for it.

Anyway, I am sure we have some varied tastes here so if anyone else does it (and gets it to work) then go ahead and post your link here.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Here is mine. Still doing some fine tuning, but this is nice for the office!

http://launch.yahoo.com/launchcast/s...p?u=1268280016

TDF

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    I just started playing with this, but I love it so far. Very fun. Here is my station.

http://launch.yahoo.com/lc/?rt=0&rp1=0&rp2=1237777649

+ Reply to Thread