+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Those darn Democrats

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    OH the SHAME, the SHAME! :cry: This would be front page if it were the GOP doing the firing! :twisted:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Did you catch any of that idiot, Micheal Moore, in his speech before the Book of the Month Club, or whatever the heck it was? He created more Conservative converts than Newt could!

Said things like Conservatives are "organized, have strength of conviction and strength of character, have sound plans" of the demos he said "we can't find our car keys most days."

Nice job, Moore.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg80
    Did you catch any of that idiot, Micheal Moore, in his speech before the Book of the Month Club, or whatever the heck it was? He created more Conservative converts than Newt could!

Said things like Conservatives are "organized, have strength of conviction and strength of character, have sound plans" of the demos he said "we can't find our car keys most days."

Nice job, Moore.

That might be true, but somehow, I just can't see someone joining a party they have nothing in common with just bcause they are organized....etc.... I think it was more for a call of action for the Democrats to get organized.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Of course it was! I understand what he was TRYING to say. It's just that it came across in a demeaning, anti-demo party way. The camera kept panning the audience and their facial expressions were priceless! For some of the demo die-hards in attendance I can imagine some were thinking, geesh, Moore, shut up! For the middle-of-the-road folks, I have a feeling some will listen a little more attentively to a Repub candidate next time. They'll at least give the candidate who is "organized" and has the "strength of convictions" a chance!

It was funny though.

Puppy Spuds Mc Techster83 is an unknown
    8O Howdy from The Wild Wild West :!: I have been off the boards for awhile and was just wondering what y'll thought about the Texas 51? Man that's the first color we've had in Texas politics since Ms. Ann got beat! Being a Louisiana transplant out here, I am used to colorful politicians and was about to give up on Texas ever having or developing any till those Good Ole Boys headed to Ardmore! The budget was going to hell in a hand basket in Austin and the Republicans were worried about redrawing the district lines and the Democrats were AOL. I think Willie Nelson had the best idea. He sent the Demos in Ardmore sippin whiskey & red bandanas and told them to "Hunker Down" Hell! Lets run Ol Willie for Guv! Whatcha think?

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg80
    Of course it was! I understand what he was TRYING to say. It's just that it came across in a demeaning, anti-demo party way.
    I don't know. That's probably exactly what he meant. I think that "can't find their keys" quote you listed is a pretty apt analogy.

I like Moore. I don't always agree with him, but he sure calls it like he he sees it. And he's a big advocate of a third (or second, really, depending on how you look at it...) party in American gov't. My way of looking at it, D's and R's are both pretty much full of crap and we (Joe and Suzy Citizen) are ending up on the short end of the stick from the black OR white, this way OR the other, right OR wrong dichotomy that is American politics...

Anybody else ever seen Roger and Me?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    He doesn't call it like he sees it. He manufactures scenes and then tries to sell it as reality.

He's the worse propagandist in America and a fat lazy bastard too.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuds Mc Techster83
    Lets run Ol Willie for Guv! Whatcha think?
    Hell, how 'bout President?

----

There's a home place under fire tonight in the Heartland; and the bankers are taking the homes and the land away. There's a young boy closing his eyes tonight in the Heartland; who will wake up a man with some land and a loan he can't pay.

-- the Red Headed Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    He doesn't call it like he sees it. He manufactures scenes and then tries to sell it as reality.

He's the worse propagandist in America and a fat lazy bastard too.
    ooooowee!

Propagandist? No worse than anything you'll find on AM radio. And CERTAINLY no worse that the bullshit that rolls out of BOTH sides of the aisle on the Hill. (entertainer v. the folks in charge...)

Lemme ask you this: you think anybody in D.C. (and I'll extend that to the RNC leadership, because you're a righty) is really looking out for you?

Now, if this football season, I see contruction begining on the Cool Hand Clyde Indoor Practice Facility and North Endzone Luxury Seating Plaza, I can imagine that Washington cares about you. Otherwise, I'm not real sure.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Anyone who expects a politician to NOT be a politician needs to hitch a ride home with Dorothy.

But Michael Moore is a POS

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

One good thing did come from this documentary though. It motivated me to join the NRA.

Anyone who cuts taxes and downsizes wasteful government programs may have priorities other than looking out for Clyde, but he sure appreciates it.

Hey Turbo, President Willie just might be the Ticket After all ,who but ole Willie knows how best to deal with the IRS and just about every other Federal Guvment agency that exists on the hill :?: He can bull $hit with the best of em& he can probably hang with them in the drinkin and unlike the other Willie that occupied the oval office he won't lie about inhaling nor liking pretty ladies. They can all wear red bandanas& learn to sip good burbon stead of guzzlin it :lol Watcha Think?

Oh yeah, that Columbine thing. I have to admit I haven't seen it, and don't plan to (I don't watch too many movies, really...), and I don't know what all that's about. I do know, and from looking at that link you posted, there was some controversy. Maybe rightfully so. I do not know.

What I'm more familiar with -- I did think Roger and Me was a great film (that was a long time ago, though). I'm pretty sure he didn't stage the death of Flint, MI. And his shenanigans (standing in the street with a megaphone imploring the CEO of IBM to come down and format a floppy, for example) that I've seen are real funny to me. And also, I super agree with him about the serious need for choices in government.

to join the NRA
    Hey, did you participate in the NRA's petitioning of the FCC over the ownership reg changes?

An aside, speaking of Colmbine. Back in around 97, 98, I was at Tech, and I ran into a buddy of mine. Asked him what he was up to. He was actually on his way home to Arkansas. His cousin -- a girl in junior high -- was shot dead in the school shooting in Jonesboro. God help us...

Quote Originally Posted by Spuds Mc Techster83
    Hey Turbo, President Willie just might be the Ticket After all ,who but ole Willie knows how best to deal with the IRS and just about every other Federal Guvment agency that exists on the hill :?: He can bull $hit with the best of em& he can probably hang with them in the drinkin and unlike the other Willie that occupied the oval office he won't lie about inhaling nor liking pretty ladies. They can all wear red bandanas& learn to sip good burbon stead of guzzlin it :lol Watcha Think?
    Hey, I'm down with that. You're in Texas -- go ask him if he'll run. Maybe get Merle as VP for the California vote?

If Willie lived in the White House, you think he'd still go up on the roof to smoke? (if you've read the biography...)

Turbo we are on a roll now :!: I have not read Willie's bio yet, but it's on my to buy book list! I imagine he would not change his smoking habits nor many of the others he has? Merle should help out on the West coast. The latest on the 51 deal here is that one of the Demo Senators has brought suit to find out who invoked Homeland Security measures ,tracked Sen. Pete Laney's private jet to Ardmore and called out the Texas Rangers& state troopers to go and fetch the boys back from OK? But guess what? All records of all Texas DPS involvement in the deal were ordered SHREDDED and no one seems to know who ordered that either 8O The only problem is one Lone Texas Ranger kept all his notes and they have been supeoned! As Ol Willie sings" And we'll all gather back at the local saloon and order Whiskey for my men and Beer for my horses" I guess we will have to re-equip Air Force one with on an board stall for his horse? Wonder what commindations Ol Merle will request? Y'll be good.

+ Reply to Thread