+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Tech logo and Graphical Standards

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I am extremely happy to see this. Now, lets get all the different departments and colleges to conform.

http://www.latech.edu/media/graphic-standards.shtml

http://www.latech.edu/media/tech-logos.shtml

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

The official colors for Louisiana Tech University are:

Blue – Reflex Blue
    Red – PMS 185

What is Louisiana Tech’s visual identity?

Louisiana Tech’s graphic identity guidelines offer a foundation for clear, concise communication of the university’s institutional identity. This information describes the Tech marks and the guidelines for usage, including official colors and typefaces. Repeated and consistent use of the marks is critical to establishing and maintaining Tech’s identity with our many constituents. While not every issue associated with a consistent application of Tech’s visual identity can be addressed, a few simple guidelines convey the spirit of these standards.

· Use the wordmark and/or the T-and-state logo as the primary visual means of communicating the university whenever possible.

· Do not use the wordmark and T-and-state logo in direct conjunction with the logo or identifying symbol of another organization. (Note: A number of Tech’s departments have unique marks. The T-and-state logo can help enhance Tech’s identity and correlation to a department when marks complement each other.)

· Do not modify, embellish or obscure the wordmark or T-and-state logo in any way.

· Those colleges, schools and centers with strong and consistent visual identities already in place are highly encouraged to incorporate the T-and-state logo within their existing publications style guidelines.

Full standards guide. Logo the right colors, standardized and ®'d.

Beautiful.

Thanks, TECH.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    Do not modify, embellish or obscure the wordmark or T-and-state logo in any way.
    :?

I wish someone would discover that the Louisiana/Mississippi state line is not at Mandeville or Covington.

:roll:

Actually the "toe" end of the state appears to extend too far east. Oh well. We got the (R). Making progress, I guess.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Okay, I could live with a white helmet (would really like to see it since the white helmet was used back in "our time") with the STANDARD, but, where does this leave the white T on blue??????????

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute
    It's taken us 109 years to have a "Standard." Who cares if Louisiana's hemorroid is too far east or if Picayune is now annexed into Louisiana? No more columbia-friggin blue, no more faded out hot pink "T's" no more FAT (or skinny) Louisiana's...

Come on y'all...Let's gripe about something important here.

I like it, it's way past due...and I can't wait to see us get our "official" licensing agreement in place. I would think that is the next step after standardizing on colors and logo, right?

GO DAWGS!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3
    It's taken us 109 years to have a "Standard." Who cares if Louisiana's hemorroid is too far east or if Picayune is now annexed into Louisiana? No more columbia-friggin blue, no more faded out hot pink "T's" no more FAT (or skinny) Louisiana's...

Come on y'all...Let's gripe about something important here.

I like it, it's way past due...and I can't wait to see us get our "official" licensing agreement in place. I would think that is the next step after standardizing on colors and logo, right?

GO DAWGS!

Good post. And, the licensing agreement is complete. Check http://www.clc.com/Pages/home2.html and click on "member instituions" to see for yourself.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I got my "official" Tech baseball cap from Ronnie's store last night and like it very much. However, its texture is odd. Then I watched a close-up of a Rice player and realized that the identical style and material will be riding the heads of a team in the CWS Finals! Maybe the WAC has a contract with the manufacturer, DeLong, and all the teams have this cap this year. Anyone know?
    I will comment that the state and T isn't as detailed in shape as I would like and I would prefer an aggressive, old-fashioned bulldog to the one on the back with his tongue hanging out as though he is out of breath or about to commit canine-lingus.
    I don't know that these two logos are the newly installed official ones, however. But I fear so.
    The good news is that the blue is perfect and the cap comes in small, medium and large and has some built-in stretch, suggesting that it will be really comfortable, which is important because I keep mine on at work and like the ones that keep their shape and don't bind.
    I also received my "official" Tech football T shirt, gray with blue letters. The only disappointment is that there is no State and T on it. I will take care of that problem by wearing a pride pin on it!
    The shirt is Nublend (50-50 fabric) from Russell Athletic.

I hope Ronnie can put some powerlifting team shirts up for sale. They have some fantastic logos! I will offer $10 right now for a used one in size medium or large. If the sleeves are already out, fine. If the lifter autographs it in permanent ink, I'll pay $15.
    This may not sound like a great way to raise a lot of money, but if it covers the cost of a new shirt or something else needed, it has to be a good thing to do. And it just might influence some guy working out at the local gym to attend Tech to lift in competition. Not many schools around here have a powerlifting team.
    OK, Ronnie, I'll cover the $3.95 postage, etc., also!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    How about offering a deal at say $25 or even just $20 to sell used powerlifting shirts with the whole team's autographs? I suspect they could be done one at a time and after they are seen a bit, one really nice one could be sold at auction at the next fund-raiser and would draw several good bids.
    Outside the box.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE
    Okay, I could live with a white helmet (would really like to see it since the white helmet was used back in "our time") with the STANDARD, but, where does this leave the white T on blue??????????
    Guess we need new helmets?!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    Guess we need new helmets?!

No thanks. We already have one of the finest & most unique helmet designs in all of college football. There is no need to rework an existing masterpiece.

Now the TAC floor- THAT'S something in need of a new look.
    ________
    Zoloft lawsuit information
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    ...Now the TAC floor- THAT'S something in need of a new look.
    Courtesy of SpaceDawg...

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    [quote:7fbca64057="RougeDawg"]Guess we need new helmets?!

No thanks. We already have one of the finest & most unique helmet designs in all of college football. There is no need to rework an existing masterpiece.

Now the TAC floor- THAT'S something in need of a new look.[/quote:7fbca64057]

That's what opinions are all about, I like it(the white helmet, not the TAC floor).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I think we have the best looking unis in college football right now and the helments look especially good. I do like the white helments though. Maybe just for one game............Homecoming or something. Ahh.....never mind. West Monroe is the only team in the area that can afford three different game helments. We can't even afford practice shoes.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    I like the white for special games.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    gotta say, I like the white with the blue stripe also. Start the fund raising today. :O)

+ Reply to Thread