+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one wondering....

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    ...how they're expecting Hillary Rodham Clinton's book to be the topselling non-fiction book of the year? I question it from two points - 1) Does it really qualify as non-fiction? I sort of expect she might have some of the same problems with the truth based on some of the stuff I've heard so far about it. 2) Why would anyone want to pay money OR read it? Not this old girl for sure!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    DITTO!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Guys, I understand your Christian beliefs lead you to disapprove of Bill Clinton because he let his charisma lead him to sin with a few women to whom he wasn't married. Millions of women would have been his slave, judging by the hundreds I have known personally who fit in that category.
    However, I don't have any idea why you dislike his wife. She championed education to bring the kids of Arkansas up to national standards and give them the chance to rise from poverty and ignorance.
    And she championed a health-care system that would keep emergency rooms from being burdened by late-night patients without insurance.
    If you guys are really wealthy enough to vote Republican, I fear you have lost the ability to relate to those who aren't as privileged as you.
    Maybe you grew up so privileged that you never saw those with less ability or money as having any worth.
    Mrs. Clinton, however, grew up with privilege and nonetheless has focused on helping those who lack her ability and headstart in life.
    As Christians, it would seem that you would admire her. She could be living an easier life now on her husband's presidential pension and letting him in the house only at meal time, if she chose to!
    Instead, she continues to support the JC causes (Yes, the Jesus Christ causes, not just the PC causes). And if doing the right thing gives her power, at lease it won't be power gained for the WRONG reasons.
    I won't be reading her book because I don't have time nor money to buy it.
    I think that the attention paid to her and her book in recent weeks by conservative radio and TV will make her book a best-seller. I wouldn't know she had written a book except it has been the big talk of Bill OREAALLY? and Rash LImburger lately. Are they actually paid by the Democratic party to make such mindless attacks on Democrats that educated Republicans will switch parties?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    ...how they're expecting Hillary Rodham Clinton's book to be the topselling non-fiction book of the year? I question it from two points - 1) Does it really qualify as non-fiction? I sort of expect she might have some of the same problems with the truth based on some of the stuff I've heard so far about it. 2) Why would anyone want to pay money OR read it? Not this old girl for sure!
    I agree, it is pure fiction. The Klintons, both of them, like all liberals, are habitual liars. They can't help it. Since liberalism is a big lie, those that embrace it have to be liars too. To them, lying is like breathing, it just comes naturally.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    You'll not find Republican not in favor of improving education, but most people realize that an in tact family unit, parents that care, and students that are motivated have way more to do with that issue than throwing money at a problem. As far as her Christian values, all I have to say it ABORTION - she favors it, and my most basic Christian tenets, the 10 Commandments, says "Thou shalt not kill" (I'll go ahead and acknowledge on this side of things that I'm fully aware that the 10 Commandments are in Exodus and therefore the Old Testament).

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    ABORTION - she favors it
    Cmon Markay. :roll: Nobody "favors" abortion. Nobody likes or thinks it fun or cool or preferable. The farthest, staunchest, left-wing-est, liberal-est feminazi you can imagine still does NOT go out and get abortions for kicks and giggles.

Just because someone thinks it's not the govt's place to interfere, does NOT mean they "favor" it.

Sorry, anyone who is other than absolutely opposed to allowing abortion in our land is not somebody I want in office. They might be likely to make other poor choices, also!

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    They might be likely to make other poor choices, also!
    Speaking of... I wonder what ever happened to the allegations of GWB getting a pre-Roe v. Wade abortion for his girlfriend back in the 70s. Oh, politics, politics...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Yo! grasshopper, some libs want government-funded abortions. That doesn't sound like the gov staying out of it.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    If you guys are really wealthy enough to vote Republican, I fear you have lost the ability to relate to those who aren't as privileged as you.
    Maybe you grew up so privileged that you never saw those with less ability or money as having any worth.
    I am far from wealthy. And I vote 90% Republican.

The "poor" have voted democratic for decades and they are no better off today than 40 years ago. Democratic ideas to "help the poor" DON'T work. The Democrats continually cry for more money. If only we had more money we could really help the poor. Hogwash. If the government, Dems and Rep included, would quit wasting billions upon billions of dollars a year. And let everybody keep more of their own money, the entire population would be wealthier.

I once read somewhere that if the government divided up all the money spent on the "Great Society" among the poor of the last 40 years. Every person living under the poverty level would be a millionaire.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    80, Are you trying to say that "someone" advocated government-funded abortions for everyone? I believe that the argument is about whether patients already qualified for government-funded treatment could get an abortion. Your terminology obfuscates the facts.

Markay, my first thought is that anyone who would inject government into the health decisions of a man or woman is not someone I would put in public office.
    However, being a wishy-washy type, I realized that if someone were preventing his child from getting medical treatment, I would demand that the government, local, state, federal or just the nearest neighbor step in and drag the kid to the doctor.

Turbo, I must repeat my request that you use caution when talking about a sitting president. Having such information widely believed could cause his credibility to be damaged just when he is busy trying to explain why we need to invade Syria or someplace.

NTXdawg, I agree with you. One would think that the loyal demo voters, after seeing their grandparents, parents, and themselves all left to "exist", while watching we "evil" conservative-types with our SUV's and vacation homes in Mexico and Colorado, would say, hey, wait a minute here, how come....?

It is the Ant vs grasshopper scenario. And, amazingly, it is NO big secret either. It is called "hard work" and "doing for oneself (and family)".

I don't pretend to be able to solve ALL the world's problems (even though I could!) so, I focus on my family. My parents took over a struggling trucking company in 1964, and by the time they sold it and retired in 1981, well, we were all doing fairly well. I worked after school and on weekends, without pay, to help out in the family business. That was ALL them: my parents worked their a$$es off! There were no Hillary Klintons down there on Saturdays lending a hand. I didn't see any Aubs or Champs either. Just we hard-working conservative-types. Oh, and we did employ 15 others, who made an average of $9/hour, and that was over 20 years ago too.

That's my background. You want something, work for it!

My high school football coaches used to tell us, you guys are small and slow....so, you have to work 10 times harder than the other guys. We did.

"We work ours off.....so we can kick yours!"

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    D80 ... i kinda like the grasshopper thing. My last ascribed nickname was "Head". And I dont like to tell that story.

Unless the medical community can provide PROOF of the medical benefits of abortion I cannot support govt fuding for the procedure.

And until the Right can provide PROOF of the medical/societal/economic/etc DISadvantages of abortion I cannot support illegalization. The Right needs to figure out that "Abortion = Murder" holds about as much water as "No Blood for Oil".

Until then, I want to see "conservative Christians" sell off their suv's and hunting leases and swanky suburban acre lots in gated communities. And i want to see them use the proceeds to open some inner-city ministries for young people at risk for abortion.

But they wont. 99% of anti-abortionists are all talk and finger-pointing.

D80, Glad the system worked for you and your family. I can understand how it may be difficult for you to envision someone working hard their whole life for naught.

How would you feel if you knew that the majority of the world's wealth is held by families that worked much less then yours? It is said the richest man in the world is the Sultan of Brunei. How much of that do you think he earned by hard work? Some of the poorest people in the world are rice farmers in SE Asia. But they and their families work like dogs in conditions the American mind can scarcely imagine.

When Newton set out to describe the laws of the natural world, he did an excellent job of explaining the world as he saw it. But Einstein came along and showed the universe to be much bigger. He didnt REFUTE Newton ... just explained that Newton's laws are only applicable within a certain relative construct.

Do you see where this is going? Hard work may have been the key to your family's success. But outside of white America, it's only part of the picture. Yes .... success SHOULD not come without hard work. But to say that hard work leads to success does not accurately describe much of the world.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    "Until then, I want to see "conservative Christians" sell off their suv's and hunting leases and swanky suburban acre lots in gated communities. And i want to see them use the proceeds to open some inner-city ministries for young people at risk for abortion."

Champ967

Champ,

As a "conservative Christian", I am proud to have all of the above except the gate!!! No need!!!

My "inner-city ministry", as you call it, was started with about 10k, of savings, that the libs in Washington were kind enough to let us keep!!

We took that money, started up about 4 years ago and will do about 75million this year... We have started our own employment agency that now has over 400(mostly minorities), folks on the roles... That is over and above the 100 or so full time folks in our 3 main companies... There are quite a few folks who make lot's of MONEY in our company and not ONE DAMN SOUL has had it given to them or inherited it!!!!! We don't talk much about the abortion issue, due to the fact that we are a logistics company!!!

The facts are, that most folks that have money have busted their asses to make that money... The percentage of people that inherit the money is very small in comparison... AND WHO GIVES A SHIT ANYWAY!!! At sometime, somebody in that family had to bust their humps to make something work... They pass it on to their kids... I hope I can make multi-millionaires out of my kids soon...

This started out about Hillary and her fictional book... The fact is that she or Bill have never held jobs in the public sector, and have lived off of tax payers their whole lives... Good for them!!

By the way, my parents who graduated from our esteemed University, have just retired after 40years of coaching and educating young people... They DIDN'T make a lot of money in the process... They raised four damn good kids(if I do say so, myself) and those four were smart enough, NOT to be teachers and went into careers where you can make what you EARN!!!!!!

That's the great thing about our country... If you don't like the situation that you're in... You are FREE to change it, yourself!!!!

md

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    I support 100% government- funded abortions for welfare recipients.

+ Reply to Thread