+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we upset?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    "However, due to some of the comments that have been made by several of the football coaches about this board - I do have some reservations about the headset projects - but I'm willing to do what the majority of the posters/contributors want to do..."

Do you blame them??

Most everyone on this board thinks they are Vince Lombardi reinacarnated.
    You can't bite the hand that helps to feed you and expect to still be feed in the same way -

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Treat me with disrespect and you'll get the same.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    Dwayne, a couple of questions:
    * In your discussions with coach Sim, Jim Oakes,... are there any facilities maintenance projects they would like volunteer help with this summer in lieu of financial contributions- painting, constructing vendor kiosks, or other similar projects? As you know, fans at UL-Laf, McNeese, and elsewhere volunteer their time, materials,... for weekend facilities maintenance projects. We should do the same.

* Regarding the TAC floor, didn't a BB&B poster research the cost of repainting the entire floor a few months ago? Was Jim approached with the info and if so, was he receptive?
    Cliff -

Coach Sim has a DEFINITE plan in mind for the continued fix-up of JC Love field and he wants our help - buying materials, helping with labor, etc...

He has summer camps the next two weeks and he wants to talk to us right after the 4th holiday about what help we can provide...

And yes, Jim has been informed of the costs that we researched for redoing the TAC floor, he has been given the contractors name, address and phone number and a list of the persons past work - he promised that "our guy" would be able to "bid" on the job.

However, Jim still insists that this is a job that will cost in the neighborhood of $20,000...

With that being said - I don't know what point this project is actually in - I do know that it will be out of the 2003-2004 budget which starts 7/1...

Treat me with disrespect and you'll get the same.
    Last time I looked - BB&B did not directly provide you with over $3,000 in direct financing...

Nor are you paid a 6 figure salary to win ballgames...

In the world of college coaching - you are only as good as your last ballgame -

The coaches who made the remarks made them directly to certain individuals - knowing they would get back to certain individuals -

If certain coaches can't handle comments that are basically made by a group of less than 200 regular posters, they had better change jobs - because they will NEVER be able to handle the pressure anywhere else - because BB&B is like Sunday School compared to message boards at larger "more profile" schools...

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game
    I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am with Coach Sim's efforts. I'm only a casual baeball fan that attends 3 or 4 games a year, but it is obvious that he is doing some great things with the program. As I understand it, his players have totally bought into his system of discipline. Since he has arrived, there have been many cosmetic improvements to the baseball complex, the attendance is up, he had his team helping out with charitable events such as the Special Olympics, his team attended the men's basketball games as a group, etc. With the limited resources that he has, it is amazing what he has already accomplished.
    ________
    DEPAKOTE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
    Last edited by dawg88; 05-04-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Regarding the TAC floor situation--

The lastest recommedation from the basketball rules committees is to delay implementing changes moving the 3-point line back nine inches and instituting the international free-throw lane for men's basketball until the 2004-2005 season. So even if the TAC floor needs work this summer, the rule changes may dictate additional work next summer as well.

I hope the powers that be go ahead this summer with the bulk of the work since the 1980's look needs to go--not to mention correcting the color scheme.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    I hope the powers that be go ahead this summer with the bulk of the work since the 1980's look needs to go--not to mention correcting the color scheme.
    I absolutely agree. SpaceDawg's rendering (or something similar) of the proposed floor is my choice:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg88
    I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am with Coach Sim's efforts. I'm only a casual baeball fan that attends 3 or 4 games a year, but it is obvious that he is doing some great things with the program. As I understand it, his players have totally bought into his system of discipline. Since he has arrived, there have been many cosmetic improvements to the baseball complex, the attendance is up, he had his team helping out with charitable events such as the Special Olympics, his team attended the men's basketball games as a group, etc. With the limited resources that he has, it is amazing what he has already accomplished.
    Can he coach football?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Spin it any way you want, DFM.

Sounds like the coaches in question got their message across.

And if anyone wants to berate them, don't get pissy when they don't like it.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    "However, due to some of the comments that have been made by several of the football coaches about this board - I do have some reservations about the headset projects - but I'm willing to do what the majority of the posters/contributors want to do..."

Do you blame them??

Some people on this board thinks they are Vince Lombardi reinacarnated.
    There is a difference between this board and the posters on this board. BB&B as a whole does a lot to promote Tech Athletics and put tails in the seats. The POSTERS may be opinionated and may use this forum to vent or make points, but that does NOT mean BB&B supports those opinions or acts on them.

This message board takes a much more active role in supporting our university's athletic program than the majority of other school's boards. I would hope the coaches and administration recognize that and would watch what they say in a public forum. If they mean this board as a whole, say "This Board". If they mean some posters on this board, then say, "Some of the posters on BB&B". It's NOT that much to ask.

TDF

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    [quote:91118f379e="Cool Hand Clyde"]"However, due to some of the comments that have been made by several of the football coaches about this board - I do have some reservations about the headset projects - but I'm willing to do what the majority of the posters/contributors want to do..."

Do you blame them??

There is a difference between this board and the posters on this board. BB&B as a whole does a lot to promote Tech Athletics and put tails in the seats. The POSTERS may be opinionated and may use this forum to vent or make points, but that does NOT mean BB&B supports those opinions or acts on them.

This message board takes a much more active role in supporting our university's athletic program than the majority of other school's boards. I would hope the coaches and administration recognize that and would watch what they say in a public forum. If they mean this board as a whole, say "This Board". If they mean some posters on this board, then say, "Some of the posters on BB&B". It's NOT that much to ask.

TDF[/quote:91118f379e]

So instead of talking to these coaches in question about the issue, the official BBB position is to not give money to the football program?

I'm sure Coach Sim would appreciate the $3,000 and in the scale of things it means more to him than JBIII but that's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    [quote:bc9b9376e3="Cool Hand Clyde"]"However, due to some of the comments that have been made by several of the football coaches about this board - I do have some reservations about the headset projects - but I'm willing to do what the majority of the posters/contributors want to do..."

Do you blame them??

TDF[/quote:bc9b9376e3]

So instead of talking to these coaches in question about the issue, the official BBB position is to not give money to the football program?

I'm sure Coach Sim would appreciate the $3,000 and in the scale of things it means more to him than JBIII but that's BS (or MT if you prefer).

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I'm sure Coach Sim would appreciate the $3,000 and in the scale of things it means more to him than JBIII but that's BS (or MT if you prefer).
    Absolutely NOT!

I'm speaking out of turn here but I do not believe that is what is being said. What I hear is that FIRST, the donations will be given where it is believed the most impact can be made, with the support of the posters of this board. I also hear Dwayne saying that WE feel the best way to accomplish this is support specific projects when those projects fit into overall progress of that program.

Our focus is NOT to pit one program against another. Coach Sim as the represenative of the Tech Baseball program has reached out to BB&B and presented a plan for what he would like to do and would like our involvement in accomplishing that. My opinion would be if a represenative of the football program is doing the same thing, then we would be neglegent in not giving that program the same consideration as another. Dwanye, in fact, brought up several projects that are related to the football program including moving fences at Aillet and headphones for the coaches. These projects should be considered and a decision made based upon which projects will yield the greatest return for the dollars BB&B has to contribute.

Coach Sim is marketing his proposals to us and his method of doing that is to show how the projects fit into the overall scheme. That allows us to make an informed decision about whether or not money should be invested in it. Right now we have proposals for football related projects. Now the question is how do we evaluate them?

I may not be making any sense here, but MY (Chris Bullock's) opinion is we look at each project individually and weigh the overall merits of it before making a decision, just as I would do in business. Personalities and opinions will ALWAYS enter into that process, but I TRY to set a lot of that aside.

And what I said is NOT an official opinion or statement of BB&B! It is MY opinion and I am only one of the several administrators of BB&B.

TDF (Chris)

Here's what was said:

Here's what was said:
    I read that too and what I hear Dwayne saying is that the past actions of individuals carries weight in HIS "vote" or opinion of where money should be spent. And Dwayne is also one of the administrators as well as others. This may carry more weight in Dwayne forming his opinion than mine, EJ's, or AustinDawgs. But at the end of the day, we ALL have to agree or where the money should be spent. And that will include the opinions of the Donors on this board, JUST AS DWAYNE SAID!
    I'll point out again, in support of Dwayne, that he did NOT say the headset project would NOT be supported. He said he had "reservations" about it BUT would support what the majority of the contributors wanted to do.

TDF (Chris)

+ Reply to Thread