+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yoda Plan to save the WAC!

Puppy tudiehard is an unknown
    This was written up by a WAC fan:
    http://westsports.com/yodaplan.pdf

Everyone that wants to continue in the WAC and want the WAC to be succesful this is the only way. That's why I encourage you to send this to anyone involved with the WAC universities. The WAC office knows about it and if it has some support it can happen! I have heard that UNLV and SDSU fans are very excited about this! Over 80 emails have been sent to all of the W-WAC schools by Bill aka Yoda. This includes coaches, assistant coaches in all sports, AD's, Presidents, and more. Most likely the Presidents will not listen to a few fans so try to get it to everyone involved with the university like I said the more support for it the better. People have said that UNLV and SDSU will not come to an unstable WAC well, what this is offering is a stable WAC with this binding agreement! LET EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THE UNIVERSITIES KNOW ABOUT THIS!! Here is a list of emails of officials with the WAC let them see the support as well!

Steve Macy-Assistant Commish
    macy@wac.org

Jeff Hurd-Senior Associate Commish
    Jhurd@wac.org

Lisa Vad Thorner-Assistant Commish
    lvad@wac.org

Dave Chaffin-Assistant Commish
    dchaffin@wac.org

Patrick Hairston-Assistant Commish
    phairston@wac.org

Let's get this out there guys!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Yo Tudie, black is still the color of choice for font! My eyes hurt! 8O

The Yoda Plan is fine, but I can see the reservations of the WAC officials and the prezzes already. Of course, the Yoda Plan is no longer secret. Mr. Tanner is nuts if he thinks EVERYONE doesn't know about it now! Not that that should matter.

But, trying to get that done in one weekend, won't work. The schools involved, two from CUSA, and UNLV and SDSU, would have to be committed to joining the WAC-14 PRIOR to attending such a meeting, because NO WAY would they make such a huge decision on the spur of a moment. If anything, those four schools would use that offer as bargaining leverage with their current conferences, or CUSA and/or MWC would see it as a challenge and motivate them to be proactive. The MWC would probably offer an invitation to Fresno State that following Monday.

-OR-

Considering the binding 5-year agreement, prior to signing that Fresno State, and several other WAC schools would run to MWC and/or CUSA and let them know what is brewing, and offer themselves as the means to thwart the effort. In any event, NO freakin' WAY would the current WAC be able to pull this off, without both MWC and CUSA getting a chance to nip it in the bud. In other words, it would still come down to current WAC schools WANTING to remain in the WAC. That is, has been, and will always be, the bottom line.

Puppy Ouachita Wave is an unknown
    I don't think TCU and USM would care to be in a conference that stretches to the PAcific Ocean.

I think Tech's best hope is for Louisville, ECU and Cincinnati to bolt to the Big East. Army will then fade away from CUSA. The non-FB schools will go elsewhere.

What's left of CUSA is seven teams:
    S. Florida,
    UAB,
    S. Miss.,
    Memphis,
    Tulane,
    Houston, and
    TCU

CUSA now geographically makes some sense. CUSA will then look for five teams to get to a twelve all-sports conference:
    Central Florida,
    Rice,
    SMU,
    Tulsa, and
    La. Tech would make the most sense geographically.

A fly in the ointment might be if CUSA chose MArshall over Tech, but I think Marshall is too distant to be a viable candidate.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I very much like that scenario. I do not think it will be long before all of this is decided, one way or another.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    O.Wave,
    Marshall is extremely distant to the region of these schools. I'm seeing the exact 12-team group you mentioned quite a bit on various sports message boards. It just makes $$$ sense for athletic budgets, fan travel, rivalries, and a conference championship.

S. Florida, C. Florida, UAB, Memphis, S. Miss. Tulane,
    TCU, SMU, Houston, Rice, LA Tech, Tulsa

Getting the basketball schools out of CUSA would be a problem though.
    ________
    Ipad guides
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Puppy Ouachita Wave is an unknown
    In response to getting the basketball only schools out of CUSA, you're right, sort of.

If the Big East disolves or becomes all sports, the bb only Big East Schools (St. John's, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Providence, Villanova, UMass (I think), Notre Dame, and the rest might look to invite De Paul, Marquette and St. Louis. It would be an awesomw basketball conference.[/quote]

+ Reply to Thread