+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GO OWLS GO!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Way to go OWLS! GO WAC! I loved watching the Horns choke again! WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Speaking of watching the Horns choke. I was telling VW last night while watching the CSF/Stanford game that I don't remember ever watching a college world series in which I saw so many teams make so many errors. This has to be the sloppiest world series I've seen. Of course, I have watched more games than I normally do, so that might be part of it, but it seems that routine plays are no longer routine.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar
    I will be very disappointed if Rice does not win. With two days rest and the pitching staff they have, I expect them to win it in two.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Ditto to those last two posts.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I was telling VW last night while watching the CSF/Stanford game that I don't remember ever watching a college world series in which I saw so many teams make so many errors.
    I think most of the mistakes in the the CSF/Stanford game can be attributed to mental fatigue. Those teams just beat up on each other about as much as two baseball teams can in the two games Stanford won. That should give a well-rested Rice team a big advantage if it can stake its pitching staff to early leads.

One element that ALL pitching staffs in the CWS have been guilty of is too many hit batsmen. But top teams such as CSF and even Rice are being coached so hard to get hit for the team that it almost borders on the ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rules committee act with all the intentional attempts to draw a HBP in the CWS.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    [quote:ad336f9383="Dirtydawg"]I was telling VW last night while watching the CSF/Stanford game that I don't remember ever watching a college world series in which I saw so many teams make so many errors.
    I think most of the mistakes in the the CSF/Stanford game can be attributed to mental fatigue. Those teams just beat up on each other about as much as two baseball teams can in the two games Stanford won. That should give a well-rested Rice team a big advantage if it can stake its pitching staff to early leads.

One element that ALL pitching staffs in the CWS have been guilty of is too many hit batsmen. But top teams such as CSF and even Rice are being coached so hard to get hit for the team that it almost borders on the ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rules committee act with all the intentional attempts to draw a HBP in the CWS.[/quote:ad336f9383]

Mental fatigue definitely played a role in the CSF/Stanford game, but I'm talking too many errors from the beginning of the series on and consisting of all the teams-not just the CSF/Stanford game.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    This is fun to watch tonight. I was kinda glad that it went to three games 'cuz Sunday afternoon I was en route to Cincinnati - didn't get to see any of it. And, I was glad they didn't give me any heart attacks tonight. This sure illustrates that you really need to make it all the way through the winner's bracket to not use up your pitching for this 3 game series! Stanford looks like there wasn't much left in the well - and Rice couldn't have used as much.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Stanford will at least be remembered for one thing this year--being the first team to ever lose three games in Omaha.

GREAT JOB OWLS!!!!!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar
    Does this give the WAC credibility ?
    Who cares ?
    All I know is that the baseball national championship trophy resides in a WAC school's trophy case.

CONGRATULATIONS OWLS!!!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Congrats to the Owls!!! Way to go!

Interesting story the Houston sports radio (remember what that is Shreveport) announcers gave on Monday afternoon. Their comment was that only at Rice would a fan be sitting in the outfield holding a sign of a chopped down maple tree (the sign of Stanford) with another fan next to him holding another sign saying "We support deforestation". Thought that was pretty unique.

TDF

+ Reply to Thread