View Poll Results: Did you (or will you) sign up for the national do not call list today?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 85.71%
  • No

2 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do not call list

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Were you one of the 370,000 folks who signed up for the national DO NOT CALL list since this morning?

http://donotcall.gov

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    The only thing that will stop a telemarketer is ripping your phone out of the wall. Instead of this "touchy, feely" stuff, they should track down these guys and put them out of their misery.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    When a telemarketer calls I pretend to be interested then say, hold a minute I have something on the stove (yes, I do cook)...then I place the phone down and resume watching TV or whatever, leaving them hanging for as long as they can stand it!

(All of my relatives and closest friends call me on the cell phone anyway, so I am not concerned about missing a call during this.)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Yes we can avoid them in various ways. Your method is one I have used a few times myself. Unfortunately the "Greatest Generation" are very trusting people for the most part and they are the ones who receive the majority of the bad deals from telemarketers. BTW, we have had a DNC list in place in Louisiana since that idiot Foster Cambell pushed it though last year. It has not done one bit of good and neither will the National DNC list.

I tell you what! I'm so darn sick of these bogus politicians. Dems and Reps. Their biggest concern is what special interest group they are not going to pi$$ off. This bunch of morons in Baton Rouge are the leaders of the pack when it comes to lack of good government. State jelly my a$$.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    You're right, Monty. That's why I've decided to put together a backing and run in 4 years. Can I count on your support?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I have noticed a slowdown in the calls since the LA DNC list. I've had more than one call anyway - a couple of which I've reported. The thing I wish was that political calls would be off limits, too. But, guess that was too much to ask. I was getting calls every night and its significantly less now.

Bulldog LA_MERC_LaTech is an unknown
    (laughs) Like politicians are going to pass a law that states they can't call you...
    That's like them deciding that all government employees (themselves included) should have a pay cut.

It'll never happen.

+ Reply to Thread