+ Reply to Thread

Thread: our best bet: wac adds two or cusa adds 4

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    i think our best bet for a regonal conference will be the wac adding two of either tcu, houston, usm, or tulane. then we wait. if boise, nevada, fresno, and hawaii leave, then we can replace them with other regional teams. if they dont leave, then we will have a semi regional conference with two divisions. i think that would be better than what we have now.

the other possibility is for whats left of cusa to invite smu, rice, tulsa, and tech. i would hope we would be included but you never know. if cusa had tcu, houston, tulane, usm, memphis, uab, ecu, and usf thats 8 teams. they may add all 4 ewac teams, they may rather have ucf or marshall. the more teams gone from cusa the better. you also would have army and navy in the mix. if you had the 12 football teams, there is also uncc, st. louis, marquette, and depaul as basketball only schools. if marquette goes to the big east, ualr or uno might be a possibility to replace them, but you would have a 16 team basketball conference.

any possibility wont happen until cusa loses louiville, cincinnatti, marquette, and maybe ecu and/or usf. if they only lose louisville, nothing may happen.

i vote for adding tcu and either houston or usm to the wac. then wait and see what else happens. of course we have to convince two teams to join the wac.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough
    Nice mix. However, it is known in circles there are a lot of separation among many of the schools you named as potentials.

First, TCU would prefer not to be linked with SMU. Also SMU thinks more of itself than others do. Also, let SMU try to get a conference of football hopefuls among Army, Navy, Tulsa, and Rice and see how long it takes Phill Bennet to take first decent offer out of SMU.

Rice does not want to be linked with Houston. U. Houston is academically very weak. Rice would never go with other private schools only into a conference as only Tulane has a baseball program.

I'm not sure one could pry Southern Miss. and one more between Tulane or Memphis, but they may be better for WAC.

+ Reply to Thread