+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Bush may not win in 2004 ...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Why anyone would want to pretend God loves only human beings is a mystery, of course.

:idea: GOD obviously LOVES Louisiana Tech BULLDAWGS!

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Is does seem obvious that many people do not want their young to be exposed to all academic areas for some reason. What is it?
    Well obviously it to keep them "ripe for right-wing politics" :roll:

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    :idea: GOD obviously LOVES Louisiana Tech BULLDAWGS!
    Well, of course. That's why the sky is REFLEX BLUE!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Cool answers!

Varsity Bulldog Rossp917 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    NTX,
    can a person study zoology in detail without seeing the relationship among species?
    Aub,

I agree with you there...but I'm a right winger myself. I know of quite a few left wingers out there that happen to believe that Evolution did not occur. I think that the labelling was the bigger issue.

Varsity Bulldog Rossp917 is an unknown
    My biggest complaint with the current education system is that we only school for 180 days per year. I would like to hear an intelligent explantion of why this should still be the case. We no longer farm like we used to, and we have the $ and facilities to keep a school room chilled for the summer. Recess might have to be curbed to keep students from undergoing heat stroke...but even when I was a kid I played from dawn until dusk in the heat.

Children whose parents don't parent, spend the 3 months of summer with little or no good influences, they aren't getting any sort of educational stimulation, and the poorest get overlooked when it comes to food. There are free food programs that go on (nationally funded) but that is left up to the schools discretion whether or not to implement it...most do not. When school does return to session, we spend 6 weeks relearning last years material. I would like to see how many of the other "developed" nations have the archaic 9-month schooling system that we do. And to the teachers that compaing that they wouldn't be able to spend time with their children (yes i have heard this arguement) they will be in school right along with you.

I would personally prefer to see teacher raises, year round schooling and more taxes, than the alternative....

Things staying exactly the same and more taxes.

Interestingly enough, I am working with a program this year that places graduate and undergraduate researchers in poorer schools to supplement the science curriculum. It is not sponsored by the NEA, but instead by the NIH.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Yes, Ross, I think information should be available to all and that all information should be available. If knowledge can change a person, that person probably needs to change.
    I am thrilled every time I learn something and that occurs daily. And I imperceptibly change daily. Some days, it is probably a good change.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Re: Why Bush may not win in 2004 ...

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Those 16 words? ... not a chance ...

Is the Republican Party still conservative?
    http://www.nationalreview.com/28jul0...ors072803a.asp

CLINTON’S RECORD BROKEN
    George Bush has broken a Clinton record, though not one to be proud of. The Federal Register – the publication that lists all proposed and enacted federal regulations – increased to 75,606 pages in 2002. That breaks the previous record set by Bill Clinton in 2000.

You need to know that these federal regulations cost businesses (and, ultimately, the consumers) in America more than all business income taxes combined.

During 2002 Congress passed 269 new laws. During the same year regulatory agencies passed 4,167 final rules. Not one of these rules was then subjected to congressional oversight.

Federal government spending under Bush has increased at a rate faster than of any year during the Clintonista era.

George Bush has yet to veto one single spending bill.

George Bush has teamed up with congressional Democrats to pass massive spending increases in education, agriculture and other areas.

George Bush has been in office for almost three years, and has yet to recommend the elimination of one single government-spending program.
    OR THIS......
    little george comment.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_LaTech View Post
    Some things like this have to be taken with a grain of salt.

First, Clinton (in his 8 years of being in office) never went through any sort of traumatic events. By traumatic events, I mean, in part, September 11. Due to the happenings on that day (and almost every day from that time on), Bush has had to be concerned with how things are run. He's changing a lot of things. To change things, you have to spend money and enact new regulations.

Secondly, the Bush Administration is attempting to help the economy through spending, as well as tax cuts. With more money in the economy, the stock markets will slowly pick up (as they are SLOWLY doing). A slow increase is much better than a balloon-esque increase (see 1990's .com boom, then 2000 .com bust).

On top of this, wouldn't you WANT increased spending in Education and Agriculture?! America is near the back of the class (on a world -wide scale) when it comes to primary and secondary education. How are you going to fix a problem that is almost out of control without spending money?

I think Bush is doing a great job. He does what he says he is going to do, regardless of what others think about him. You have to admire a person like that.
    Followed quickly......
    By this CLINTON excuse!

The archives of this board are rife with HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of conservative authored posts blaming Clinton for damn near every possible little george woe.

AND RIFE with a stream of conservative posts DECLARING THAT THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT......
    AND THE PRESIDENT......
    MUST BE RESPECTED!
    NO MATTER WHAT!

Personally......
    I have never agreed with any such foolishness...... And I still don't!

BUT IMNHO......
    FOOLISHNESS is an all too human trait, and it's often unavoidable.
    But HYPOCRICY is damn near always an intentional assault against any value of virtue.

Quot homines, tot sententiae!

Cheers.
    Last edited by Spinoza; 02-21-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Followed quickly......
    By this CLINTON excuse!

The archives of this board are rife with HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of conservative authored posts blaming Clinton for damn near every possible little george woe.

AND RIFE with a stream of conservative posts DECLARING THAT THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT......
    AND THE PRESIDENT......
    MUST BE RESPECTED!
    NO MATTER WHAT!

Personally......
    I have never agreed with any such foolishness...... And I still don't!

BUT IMNHO......
    FOOLISHNESS is all too human trait, and it's often unavoidable.
    But HYPOCRICY is damn near always an intentional assault against any value of virtue.

Quot homines, tot sententiae!

Cheers.
    Ahh but when responding to 6 year old posts one must remember that people change, mature. 6 years ago I would have called myself a die-hard Republican. In some cases some of the things I have read in this very forum have prompted me to re-evaluate certain beliefs I once held.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Ahh but when responding to 6 year old posts one must remember that people change, mature. 6 years ago I would have called myself a die-hard Republican. In some cases some of the things I have read in this very forum have prompted me to re-evaluate certain beliefs I once held.
    An excellent point, Bigdog......
    Most mortals do CHANGE as their years roll by and their experiences begin to ADD UP...... And most do "mature".
    But others only manage to continue proudly wallowing and eagerly swollowing......
    In the SLOP nearest to seeming safety.

My casual stroll down memory lane was AIMED ONLY at the dawgs who are currently demonstrating their allegiance to hypocrisy, and their steadfast refusal to consider the possibility that ANYTHING other than THEIR PREFERRED PATH could ever ELVOLVE!

Cheers.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Yeah as it turns out the big spending was what upset me the most with W's tenure. Maybe the dems could have knocked him off early with a fiscal conservative instead of John Kerry.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Yeah as it turns out the big spending was what upset me the most with W's tenure. Maybe the dems could have knocked him off early with a fiscal conservative instead of John Kerry.
    Possibly, but, in terms of national name recognition, how many fiscally responsible democraps are there? Probably the only way a fiscally responsible democrap gets into the WH is by keeping quiet about the subject during the primary and election.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread