+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW PAINT JOB AT THE TAC

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    Just got back from the TAC and they have sanded the floor and are repainting the EXISTING lettering etc with the new REFLEX BLUE--Tommy said the NCAA has delayed moving the 3 point lines and International lanes until next year....he was prepared to totally sand down and start over with new but NCAA said to hold off....so anyway the good news is that all the blue areas will be in the new reflex blue by the end of July..they were working on the BUBBLE Lady Techsters when I was there and it really makes a difference seeing that REAL TECH BLUE on the floor.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I hope they are not replacing it with bubble letters, any word on that?

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I hope they are not replacing it with bubble letters, any word on that?
    The EXISTING lettering has not been changed at all--just the paint color from the old color to the new reflex blue...the bubble lettering is the same - just the new paint color and all the blue surrounding the court will be in the new reflex blue. No total scheme changes until they move the lines -- so all the proposals that has appeared here on the threads you have another year to get your ideas to the powers to be---

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I am glad to see the colors being updated, BUT why not get a new design that is not 1980 bubble letters?????

I really like SpaceDawgs design much better:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Spacie's design is really sharp. But, I'd be leary of putting down the "WAC" in some kind of permanent paint job. It might have to be switched to "SWC" or even "CUSA" before too long.

It's my understanding that since the NCAA has postponed the new changes on the 3 point line and international lane -Tech will ONLY re-paint what is there now -as I said- all blue in the new Reflex blue....I also understand that their is a strong contingent of folks that want to keep the LADY TECHSTER name very visible on the court itself and not on the ends under the goals out of bounds area....that doesn't mean when they do re-do the floor next year that they would stay with the bubble letters (I really think they are definately gone) -- good point about not painting WAC-maybe by next year we'll know for sure where we'll be.....also Tommy Sizemore did say that the center WILL have an EXPANDED TECH LOGO kinda like the drawing in this thread shows--that is scheduled for the new design.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    That will be an improvement over the columbia blue. It will really be nice to have everything reflex blue.

Puppy AttackDawg is an unknown AttackDawg's Avatar
    I think anything is great. I would like to see a new design like spacedawgs but i think just a touch up is great also. It is something new and i feel that it will be a spirit booster for the students.

I know i cant wait to see it.

+ Reply to Thread