+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timmy B on XM..."Greatest regular season game in the ar

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    For those without xm radio, College Football analyst and Shreveport homer Tim Brando hosts a 3 hour radio show every day on Sporting News radio (xm channel 143).

Talking to Tater Tot today (Terry Bowden), Timmy B had the following to say about the game:

"August 28th. Shreveport Louisiana. Just a 3 wood away from Chateau Brando (his name for his in-house studio), my friend Lee Corso, the Miami Hurricanes and Brock Berlin will be coming to play against Louisiana Tech, who has a pretty good quarterback of their own, Luke McCown". "Right", says Bowden. "This will be the greatest regular season game in the history of my hometown, throw out the Independance Bowls. What's your take on that game Terry?".

Terry then goes on to say that he thinks Miami WILL win that game but he wouldn't be surprised if Brock Berlin doesn't struggle some. This is not the first time that Timmy B has talked up this game.

Dwayne, you gotta get that xm.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough
    SO WHAT DO YOU DO WHILE YOU ARE AT WORK?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    Dwayne, you gotta get that xm.
    I know, I know -

Getting "the camp" on Claiborne is eating into all of my disposable cash -

I really pondered whether to buy XM this month or a new hot water heater - hot showers won out...

I'm pressing SANTA real hard about the benefits of XM - but all she can say is what?

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    WHERE IS MY IGNORE BUTTON :evil: :evil: :evil: 8-) :evil:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN
    WHERE IS MY IGNORE BUTTON :evil: :evil: :evil: 8-) :evil:
    Ed,

How about getting us a 100,000 watt FLAME THROWER that is sports 24/7/365...

I know with your connections it could be done is a snap... :wink:

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    [quote:8c534c7d7c="TECHAJUN"]WHERE IS MY IGNORE BUTTON :evil: :evil: :evil: 8-) :evil:
    Ed,

How about getting us a 100,000 watt FLAME THROWER that is sports 24/7/365...

I know with your connections it could be done is a snap... :wink:[/quote:8c534c7d7c]
    NOT A PROBLEM "D"...getting it on the air is not the problem--making a profit (yes they demand a little profit around here) is the problem...I actually put together a proposal for all sports to go on our lite rock B-99.3 before we went lite rock---I had an idea for a bunch of local sports mixed in with state and national...crunching the numbers I can't begin to tell you how much money it would lose...so when I win the lottery I plan on changing KXKZ :idea: to all sports with special programming on how to become a CPA and a lawyer in your spare time while earning big bucks in real estate. Seriously we are going to start a sports show with some Tech talent this season...working on the details right now and it would start out only an hour show once a week but you got to start somewhere--will let ya'll know when we put the finishing touches on it....gotta get to BR and show off my new Tech golf head covers at University Club :twisted:

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears
    We are fortunate to have Timmy B on the radio here in Vegas. But I find myself listening to him on the computer more than the car. If you work at a desk all day click on the live broadcast link at:

http://radio.sportingnews.com/shows/...ndo/index.html

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold
    ...xm radio is the best thing since the indoor toilet....will have to listen to his show on Monday xm 143 - thanks for info. I have had xm radio for close to 8 months and it's the best on trips and just all the time - 100 stations in cd quality all across the nation....

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I just registered on the Sporting News Web site and customized my home page with them so that Tech football information comes up for me.
    The only Tech sport available there is football!

I suspect that if everyone who posts on BB&B would register with TSN and all the other media Web sites and ask for Tech on their home page we might get coverage on other sports as well.
    It takes only a couple of minutes to register and pick your teams.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cberg
    ...xm radio is the best thing since the indoor toilet....will have to listen to his show on Monday xm 143 - thanks for info. I have had xm radio for close to 8 months and it's the best on trips and just all the time - 100 stations in cd quality all across the nation....
    If you want to listen, the Timmy B show comes on from 2:00 to 5:00 every afternoon.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I am listening to Tim on the computer right now. I just emailed him to tell him I signed up for TSN because I learned about his mentions of Tech from BB&B and to ask him to keep us updated on Tech as the season approaches. I also thanked him for his balanced approach to the Kobe Bryant situation.

+ Reply to Thread