+ Reply to Thread

Thread: David Schexnailder

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Regrets if this is old news, but The News-Star ran an article from Louisiana Gannett News today (7/22/03) about David Schexnailder (Teurlings Catholic) signing to play with the Diamond Dawgs. The article said Schexnailder hit .370, with a .540 on-base-percentage and 26 stolen bases his senior year. Did a search, but couldn't find the article on-line.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks Buddy! This kid is more like a TOPS preferred walkon. Tech may have thrown in books. Thereby making it a signing.

There are other late one's as well on small portions of aid (you have to when working with 11.7 to split out for entire team). One is another OF from a HS in South Louisiana and a LHP from Westgate.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I have never understood how or why baseball has had so few scholarships to offer for 20+ players? What's the deal behind it? Thanks

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I have never understood how or why baseball has had so few scholarships to offer for 20+ players? What's the deal behind it? Thanks
    Title IX compliance...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    [quote:26f5a05648="Gooddawg"]I have never understood how or why baseball has had so few scholarships to offer for 20+ players? What's the deal behind it? Thanks
    Title IX compliance...[/quote:26f5a05648]

Baseball has some odd number, like 13 1/2 ships, or something close to that. But, are you saying that the low number is fixed by Title IX, or is it a matter of a school having to provide more female opportunities? In other words, could 20 baseball ships be offered, if an additional 6-7 female ships were also provided, say in softball, or women's lacrosse....?

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough
    If you are an old timer like me, baseball scholarhips have dwindled over the years.

The current NCAA maximum limit is 11.7 for D1 baseball. The 11.7 came at the same time the new football limit of 85 was implemented, along with Basketball going to 13 from 15. Baseball was 13 until this change in early 90s.

I concur with Title IX drvier behind a lot of this as it occurred in trying to show limits on one side while expanding in the other female sports. Problem is, football and basketball can live with those numbers a lot easier than baseball. How many basketball players receive decent minutes on the floor in a season?....enough said.

Bulldog bluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her game
    I remember seeing this kid at the camp in June. Real small but looked to be a solid little player. I'm pretty sure he bats and throws left. Also he looked to be pretty quick. I think he's a good student which helps since he's an in-state guy and will get TOPS. Also the Hudson kid from Benton had a great state tourney in Alexandria(Dixie). Pitched well and crushed the ball. I wasn't there but a good friend told me he was very impressive. One more good recruiting year and I really think we can break into a regional. Maybe next year but definately the next. I'm ready. It's been too long!

Bulldog bluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her game
    Just heard Hudson was selected to play for the Louisiana Dixie All-Star team that will play against other Dixie State All-Star teams in a tourney in Montgomery, Alabama on August 15,16 and 17. Other local guys on the team are Kyle Galigan(St. Fred), Eric Gardner(St. Fred), Devon Copely(W. Ouachita) and Drew Thomas(Neville). Drew Thomas is the younger brother of Pat Thomas from Neville who Tech is recruiting for 2004. Congrats to these young men and good luck!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I want to watch the Dawgs in the college world series soon! I'm getting old fast!

+ Reply to Thread