+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Official" T-Shirt this year -

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    When is the last time athletics had a mail promo for home football games like that?
    First, can we all agree that I have a long tenure with the Alumni Association and am one of its biggest supporters? Now that we have agreed...FANINMONROE, you amaze me with your lack of overall knowledge!

The Foundation (parent of the Alumni Asscoiation) and the entity that pays the bills skims a percentage (somewhere between 10% and 25%...I can't remember the exact amount) of virtually every contribution, including those to athletics, to cover the cost of its operations. Thus, the answer to your question is another question: When is the last time athletics didn't have to pay for the mailing of a promo?

I'll repeat: the Alumni Association should not be in the business of selling t-shirts!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    CHC,

Those areas contain a large percentage of our Alums. That is why they are targeted. Other areas in the nation just do not have the concentration of Tech Alumni and friends that the mentioned areas have.

As for other Alumni in other areas, as long as they pay their Alumni dues, they get much more contact from Tech than a phone call.

Plus it is not the Alumni Association that makes the "telemarketing" calls nor do they benifit from it unless you ask your donation to go to them.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    First, can we all agree that I have a long tenure with the Alumni Association and am one of its biggest supporters? Now that we have agreed...FANINMONROE, you amaze me with your lack of overall knowledge!

The Foundation (parent of the Alumni Asscoiation) and the entity that pays the bills skims a percentage (somewhere between 10% and 25%...I can't remember the exact amount) of virtually every contribution, including those to athletics, to cover the cost of its operations. Thus, the answer to your question is another question: When is the last time athletics didn't have to pay for the mailing of a promo?

I'll repeat: the Alumni Association should not be in the business of selling t-shirts!

Maybe the association should just pack it in and close shop. Is that what you want? If the Association wants to sell bulldog crap painted in royal blue - more power to them.

Who sells the Tshirts? the association not the foundation

How much revenue does the Association receive from the Foundation? ZERO

Who sets up all the free benefits at Tech home games? The Association

Who mailes out the cards and flyers? The Associaiton

It is not the association taking a 10% chop off of athletics it is the foundation.

Many have yelled and screamed for it - maybe it is time for a athletic only foundation. Since you are so high and mighty, why don't you get it started? Oh, that is right, Dan will not let it happen.

Since you are all talk, why don't you post the Assocaitions finacials? It will show that NO money was received from the foundation.

The association is 100% seperate from the foundation. It is the foundation that takes the 10% cut.

YOU AMAZE ME AT YOUR OVERALL LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE A "LEADER" AT TECH.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Being an alumnus in the Memphis area and one that helped organize our last two CHAMPS meetings, I can tell you the alumni association is not doing what it should.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    [/quote]The association is 100% seperate from the foundation. It is the foundation that takes the 10% cut.

YOU AMAZE ME AT YOUR OVERALL LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE A "LEADER" AT TECH.[/quote]

I bet you're swole up like a dead dog laying on the side of the road in August after that post; of course, as usual, you have not a clue...I often wonder why I took you out of my IGNORE file...

Where is the Association housed?

Who pays the Association's employees?

Who pays the Association's rent?

I could go on, but the point is clear...the Foundation...the guys that get the cut off the contributions!

As far as the financials, they are a matter of public record...since you're in Monroe, get a copy and post them yourself!

I'll make this real simple for you:

The well from which TECH draws its water (aka money) ain't a big one, and we need to be careful that we don't draw too much else it'll sand up! The Association sometimes goes to that well seeking small dollars, which makes it harder when someone else comes along looking BIG dollars.

Again, I don't believe the Association should be stealing someone else's thunder.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Sorry to interupt here guys- Dan, your "dead dog" comment was very funny. :haha: :haha: :haha:
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    I bet you're swole up like a dead dog laying on the side of the road in August after that post...
    Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :haha:

I need to make sure that the Monroe moron understands something...

I'm not trashing the Foundation or the Association, but if you think the Association pays its own way...you've been drinking the Kool-Aid!

The Foundation subsidizes every aspect of the Associations and athletics operations...this is an undenible fact!

My comments still stand: the right hand needs to know what the left is doing because only so many t-shirts are going to be bought in any given year!

yawwwwwwnnnnnnnn

Whatever makes you feel better my man. Keep sracting that itch buddy.

Name calling? Wow, you really are a small man.

Why is my ignore feature not working?

Name calling? Hell, I was paying you a compliment!

Come on now, get it all out - we all want you to feel like the man you think you are.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    You two need to take this discussion off the board. This thread is now locked.

+ Reply to Thread