+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Official" T-Shirt this year -

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I thought someone or something in print or online said that the shirt from the alumni association would benefit athletics also but maybe I confused the two. Whether that is true or not, it is a fine looking shirt with the motto BB&B members have advocated for several years and a good place to wear a pride pin! And donating to the association is certainly better than spilling profit on the bookstore.
    The shirt is only $10, unlike most bookstore T shirts.

Someone tell us what is on Ronnie's shirt besides bring it on. I forgot. He will probably have to charge more than $10 or add $5 for shipping and handling unless he got those at a really great price.

One item on the alumni site and Ronnie's site appear similar but are not identical.
    Ronnie has a baseball cap touted as the official cap with a large state and T and a bit of stretch built in and sized variously as a real team cap should be. It is only $15 and I love mine. Last season's pride pin actually just about covers the drooling dawg on the back of it, bringing it up near perfection.
    The alumni association's cap is only $10. However, it has a fitting strap in the back and a small state and T and wouldn't be an official team hat for wear on the field during a baseball game. Both are nice, of course.
    A well-dressed Tech fan probably needs one of each as well as the red version of the official cap on Ronnie's site.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Vegas, you have me confused with somebody else. My pet peeve for years has been the bookstore and the license to steal they have been given. Fortunately, there are now other sources for Tech stuff now and the money goes to the appropriate cause instead of an individual business person. FYI, there is an ignore feature here and you aren't forced to read anything. Better luck to you in finding the ignore button on me than you had in figuring out how to buy a tee shirt for less than $20. LOL! $19.95 for a freekin' tee shirt!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Hey VD, why don't you add that shirt to your gift list. It'll be cheaper than a grill. Are you going to make any games other than the LSU game, and you still haven't told me if you need a place to stay. Maybe you can get your cd then. It's only 25 bucks. Boy, this school really has bent you over hasn't it? But then again, who hasn't. :lol:

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    Where do our money go when we buy stuff at the tech Bookstore?

If we want our money go towards the atheletic dept on selling tech merchendise...there should be a stand for tech gear outside of the bookstore from the atheletic dept. during fee payment or the beginning of the year when students have lots of money on their tech express and in their pockets.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    Where do our money go when we buy stuff at the tech Bookstore?

If we want our money go towards the atheletic dept on selling tech merchendise...there should be a stand for tech gear outside of the bookstore from the atheletic dept. during fee payment or the beginning of the year when students have lots of money on their tech express and in their pockets.
    Below you will find at least two links where you can donate to Tech athletics and get a nice wearable item in the process.
    Please check out the links.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Vegas, I was out of line. Sorry. I'm taking the higher road from here out. No mention of price gouging from here out and we have also have a (gulp!) fine coaching staff.

Monty, it is good you guys are mellowing out today. However, three weeks from today I hope your adrenaline is up and I get to read an embittered argument over whether Tech's improved defense or improved offense should get credit for the convincing Bulldog victory in Shreveport!

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future
    AUB-got my pins yesterday and they are FANTASTIC! The ladies in my office were so happy to get one. My wife, daughters-in-law, & granddaughters will all be so proud to wear this beautiful pin. Thank you for the excellent design & what you do in supporting Tech with the proceeds. Mick

MICKEY, you are the top supporter of the pride-pin project this season. Thank you for getting your order in quickly. I hope everyone who gets a pin enjoys it and wears it with Louisiana Tech Bulldog pride!
    Thanks for letting us know the mail system between Fayetteville and Ruston is working well!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Aubrey, will you be bringing pins to the Miami game BB&B tailgate?

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    HEY AUB! Got my 10 pins in today--AWESOME JOB MAN! I didn't realize they would be as big as they are.....great work!! Gonna give one to Roxie Dean this afternoon (dirtyd's sister) when she comes by the station to do an interview on her new single....and if my cajun luck is running right I might even get to pin the PIN on her :twisted: :shock:

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Ed,

Your "boys" tore it up last night in Memphis!!!

Jerry had em flowin' in off the street... Silky had over 100 folks in his bar on a Tuesday night, mostly b/c of Tech and JK(and Mike, of course!!)...

They are READY for some football on the 28th!!!

"Jerry, you are the only guy that I have ever seen that f*&#$ his piano, while playing"!!! Ed Hebert!!!!!!!!!! 8O

See you there!!!! 8-)
    md

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    A few thoughts about the T shirts and to clear up a few things:

1. Just a few years ago we were fighting to get everyone to "wear blue". At least the T Shirts (athletic and alumni) are the right color blue. We are making great progress on the wear blue campaign.

2. The Alumni Center needs cash for their football promotion and the tshirt cash gets pumped back into athletics in some way or another. The sale of the alumni tshirts go to sponsor the following:

tents, drinks, ice cream, children activities, spirit items, live music

All of this will be set up for free at the Miami game by the Alumni Association.

Plus there is free food (in addition to all the other items mentioned above) for games in Ruston.

3. The Alumni Center mails out thousands upon thousands of post cards promoting ALL the home games. These cards are mailed to every Tech Alum in NLA, Laughayette, Baton Rouge, Dallas, Houston plus all Champs donors and all season ticket holders wherever they might reside.

When is the last time athletics had a mail promo for home football games like that?

The Alumni Center wants Tech Athletics to suceed and the tshirt sales go to promote home football games and provide countless FREE benefits for all alums and friends at home games.

Thanks, f in m, for clarifying the situation. That makes it clear that while Ronnie's team store should be our first shopping stop, the alumni association's store remains far more useful to us, tech athletics and Tech in general than the bookstore!
    And the price is reasonable and realistic.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    What about TECH alumni that don't live in those areas?

The only contact they get is from student-workers asking for money.

TECH should not be in the telemarketing business.

+ Reply to Thread