+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmm. The LSU SMACK seems to have thinned out this week.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I guess Louisiana Tech's HUGE road win over Michigan State in front of 75K hostile Big Ten fans kinda took the shine off of LSU's weekend struggle to beat Divison 1AA Western Illinois Typewriter School for the Blind. Our favorite Tiger fans seem to be AWOL this week.

HD

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    I love it, a struggle right? I guess you guys struggled last week against ull. lol. Give me a break. That ought to tell you where your program stands when Michigan St is a "huge" game. lol

Congrats on the win though. We both have bigger fish to fry this week. I figure both of our conference games weigh in the same on each team. Big games against the big boys in the conference and HUGE consequences if tech and LSU wins their respective games. LSU could jump into the top 7 or 8 and tech could reach the top 25 if the win is convincing enough. If either team loses, I don't feel like it kills the season, just a wake up call.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    I love it, a struggle right? I guess you guys struggled last week against ull. lol. Give me a break.
    LSU led Western Illinois only 6-0 at home going into the last minute of the first half. With a minute to go in the half at Lafayette, Tech already led ULL 27-3.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Uggh - I hate to agree with MT for once, but I don't care at all about LSU this week. I'm getting ready for Fresno St. And, obviously if I do sneak a peak over at LSU's schedule they SHOULD be very afraid of Georgia. They are fortunate to get Georgia at home, and I sure wish we had that same blessing. But, lets win anyway, DAWGS!

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    [quote:b31ad22a00="MonreauxTiger"]I love it, a struggle right? I guess you guys struggled last week against ull. lol. Give me a break.
    LSU led Western Illinois only 6-0 at home going into the last minute of the first half. With a minute to go in the half at Lafayette, Tech already led ULL 27-3.[/quote:b31ad22a00]

The strange thing is, the game actually extends past the first half. No doubt fumbling in the redzone will get you killed, but the game was never in question. I was there.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I hope you will be there when Georgia lays the wood to your adobted school Saturday night. Don't cry in your beer.

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    Yes, they may be AWOL from here, but I heard so many Tiger fans talking about Louisiana Tech at Tiger Stadium after our win Saturday. I even saw 3 or 4 of those new shirts the bookstore is selling with Tech's helment facing LSU's helment with the caption "and finally we meet...2003" there also. Ah yes, bring on November 1st...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyarms
    [quote:4c6c86cc3b="DawginBR"]Yes, they may be AWOL from here, but I heard so many Tiger fans talking about Louisiana Tech at Tiger Stadium after our win Saturday. I even saw 3 or 4 of those new shirts the bookstore is selling with Tech's helment facing LSU's helment with the caption "and finally we meet...2003" there also. Ah yes, bring on November 1st...
    Whee! Got me tickets in the mail today!

Something that may have been covered already, but if the girl in the ticket office was correct, Tech tickets were spread out all over the stadium. Is this correct? She said there isn't a student section at Tiger Stadium. I've only been to one LSU game in my life (in '98 vs. Kentucky), but I recall that there was a section on the NW corner of the field where the UK fans were sitting.[/quote:4c6c86cc3b]

NW corner is the student section. SE corner is the visting team's section. Sections S1, S2, S3. The entire section of the NW corner is made up of students and the band.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    The strange thing is, the game actually extends past the first half. No doubt fumbling in the redzone will get you killed, but the game was never in question. I was there.
    Now that you mention it, LSU's struggles against WIU continued into the second half also. Like when WIU cut the LSU lead to 13-7 five minutes into the third quarter. No comparison can be made to the Tech-ULL game since ULL didn't score after the first play of the second quarter.

LSU better have saved the emotion it obviously didn't expend against WIU for this week's game. Otherwise it could be a long Saturday afternoon in Baton Rouge for the home side.

And I totally agree that both Tech and LSU have far more important issues at hand this week than November 1.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar
    Hi guys. Nice board. Haven't been over here since you changed it.
    Congratulations on your win over MSU. That will help our SOS. :lol:

As for any smack-talk about our margin of victory over Western Illinois, I was there at the game and we truly dominated from start to finish. We did not punt the entire game. (tried to once, but the snap was high...wound up giving them the ball at the 15 yard line because of it and still kept them from scoring).
    We scored on our first drive, then stopped them, then marched down the field again, only to fumble it away. That happened on a couple of drives. Basically we turned the ball over 5 times (if you include the muffed punt attempt and their onside kick recovery to start the second half) and still won 35-7. Their only TD came on a 4th down play at the goal-line after we had stuffed them a few times. Our starting safety, Jack Hunt, had a concussion and didn't play in the second half. I seriously doubt they would have scored if he would have been in the game.

I do give Western Illinois credit, though. They played hard and didn't seem to be intimidated. They are a good team. There's a reason they're number one in their classification.

The LSU-UGA game this week is huge. If we win, watch out. Should be a very good game.

Good luck against Fresno State.

Bulldog hisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the ears
    aaaahhhh, another big game in tiger stadium which could propel lswho? to national prominence. take uga and the points.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar
    Actually, we already have "national prominence." We just want more.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal
    Actually, we already have "national prominence."
    NO ... Miami has national prominence. Oklahoma, Michigan, and So.Cal. have national prominence.

lsu has drunken bastards. There IS a difference. You must be confused again, BB. :wink:

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    You tell them Champ967!
    Those lsu fans are loco.

BTW - If you are a golf fan, DO NOT watch Inside The PGA Tour this week :-(

It is really sickening.

They show David Toms givng lessons to a bunch of drunk, fat lsu losers. Really a waste of airtime.

A Tech fan preaching to an LSU fan about National Prominence?

Pardon me while I snicker.

+ Reply to Thread