+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHICKS SAY BYE BYE TO COUNTRY

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: CHICKS SAY BYE BYE TO COUNTRY

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy Dog View Post
    Merle played in Little Rock last week and apparently he was cracking on ole W also. Funny no one threatened to boycott his music.
    Could it be because there were only 3 people at the concert??

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

No! Go back to country! Oh wait, this is old news. They still are country. I am sick of all of this country-crossover Nickleback-like bands they keep playing on my stations.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    No! Go back to country! Oh wait, this is old news. They still are country. I am sick of all of this country-crossover Nickleback-like bands they keep playing on my stations.
    NICKLEBACK.... ON COUNTRY STATIONS???????

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    NICKLEBACK.... ON COUNTRY STATIONS???????
    No, I don't listen to country stations. I was being disrespectful to Nickelback. They sound countryish and I don't like them.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Could it be because there were only 3 people at the concert??

It could be that his view of W is old news. When the Chicks said what they said, they were out on a limb, no one wanted to agree with them. Several years later, everyone knows W is an idiot.

That and the fact that Little Rock is very Democrat friendly.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

"While Cash was hailed by various politicians?Republican and Democrat alike?he never forgot his rural working class origins and refused to pull a punch on any social issue close to his heart. ... in the lead up to the US-led war against Iraq, he told his singer/songwriter daughter Rosanne to convey his opposition to the impending invasion to audiences at her concerts."

________
    Milena4male
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Who is this "Dixie Chicks" you guys speak of?

Guisslapp, my wife has a saying I like when it comes to country music.
    "County music makes my ears bleed!"

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Who is this "Dixie Chicks" you guys speak of?

Guisslapp, my wife has a saying I like when it comes to country music.
    "County music makes my ears bleed!"
    It makes me feel like someone has jammed a vacuum into my head and is sucking out my brains.

Mariah-Carey-style falsettos and vibratos are what make my ears bleed. Thus, I cannot listen to contemporary R&B, either.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Funny stumbleing upon this old thread. Considering that the Dixie Chicks sold millions on an album that was nothing short of brilliant and they were right. G.W. is an embarrassment to the state of Texas and every other state. The right wing tried to shut down freedom of speech and failed miserably. Continue your boycott. The real loser is the freedom to express displeasure in your government. Wow what have we come to.
    They had the right to say what they wanted to. They just had to realize people will speak with their money and they have every right to do that too.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    What happened to the Okie from Muskogee?
    It was satire.

ps: Ronnie didn't hate Neil.

pps: Bite your tongue on hoping senility for anyone.

ppps: Merle: learn it, live it, love it. Cash did.

:icon_wink:

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Funny stumbleing upon this old thread. Considering that the Dixie Chicks sold millions on an album that was nothing short of brilliant and they were right. G.W. is an embarrassment to the state of Texas and every other state. The right wing tried to shut down freedom of speech and failed miserably. Continue your boycott. The real loser is the freedom to express displeasure in your government. Wow what have we come to.
    BS- It wasn't what they said. It was where it was said and how they said it. And BTW I am GOP and there are a lot of bands I listen to and like that are very left wing and I usually don't care.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    pps: Bite your tongue on hoping senility for anyone.
    I wasn't wishing senility on anyone. I was proposing a reason for his support of Hillary...senility was the best I could come up with.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread