+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: READY to RUMBLE!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    OK, I think Fresno took the wind out of our sails as fans some. We were flying high after that Michigan State win and then were deflated when our offense went flat.

Look at the facts, though. We had 3 road games in 3 different time zones in a row. That would affect the performance of ANY team. I was very disappointed in our offensive production against FSU, but this is a new week. We are 2-2 at a time that we could eaisily have been 1-3. I am VERY pleased with that.

We have not been near as active over the last week and a half and I think it is time to get it together again and get ready to BLAST Boise out of the stadium.

I sense almost a fear for the rest of our season, when we have lost just one game that we should have won - out of 4 games.

So, let's get our emotions in check and get ready to WIN THE WAC 2 out of 3 times.

I am READY TO RUMBLE!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Boise better bring their A+ game to Ruston. It's gonna get LOUD!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I sense almost a fear for the rest of our season, when we have lost just one game that we should have won - out of 4 games.
    Most of us remember that we were basically in this EXACT same position last year and we ended up 4-8...

Call it prudent caution...

BTW - saw your Mom and Dad at Luigis Saturday nite...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    I call it the cowering dog response.

We can't act like this when we lose close games to teams of equal talent. I only observe the 24hour rule after a loss because I am usually pissed and do not know what I might say. But we can't carry this almost 2 weeks with us. Let it go and crush Boise.

I know our dawgs will be let out for some tasty ponies on saturday. I hope they bring enough to go around.

Puppy coop1449 is an unknown
    Hey, Champ

I am ready to rumble!!!!!!!!Just thought I'd sneak in. :shock: :wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I call it the cowering dog response.
    I think alot of us have witnessed alot more let downs than you may have and thereby have earned the right to call it what we wish and to reserve judgement when we feel it is necessary...

Since 1995 this program has been up then down, up then down....

Fact is we were 2-2 last year with a big come from behind win vs Okie St because an opposing coach was idiotic and refused to take time off the clock when he had the opportunity. The other win was against a lowly Tulsa program...

Fast forward to this year - we are once again 2-2 with a big come from behind win against Mich St, because once again the opposing coach was idiotic and refused to take time off of the clock when he had the opportunity. The other win was against a lowly Cajun program...

Accept for improved defensive play - is there really that much difference between those two teams?

Player for player I don't think there is a plug nickle of diffrence between Boise and us, except for the kicking game where we have a distinct advantage...

Does that mean we don't want to win Saturday or expect to win saturday (we have to win Sat or our title and bowl hopes are basically nil) - no

It just means that some of us realize that we basically have the same coaching staff and same players that tanked and went 2-6 last year and we basically refuse to get our hopes raised "too high" until they get past Boise, UTEP, Hawaii and Nevada -

Win those 4 ballgames and then we can start talking HIGH HOPES and conference titles...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Dwayne,
    My parents love that place. My cousin used to own it, but sold it to his son's ex wife at one time or something like that. Long story and I don't know if she still owns it or not. Good place to eat. I think my Dad's brother (another great Tech fan from Houston) was in town.

Coop,
    Glad you sneaked in! Come back more often.

As for the attitude around here, I certainly understand the guarded optimism. However, we are FANS! We need to start feeling the the victory. I have a good feeling about Saturday night and I believe that our season will come alive.

Hope to see some swagger in our walk and talk come Sunday!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    DFM, Iunderstand your point and I have also witnessed these same ups and downs since 1994 my freshman year, but never went into a game freaking out or scared. Not my style. If I am not confident in the team, then I have no reason to expect them to be confident as a team, Will we lose some more games, probably but I won't post about being worried about an opponent, because I think we can beat anybody and I carry that attitude with me.

I was looking for a win against Miami, not look respectable, that's what losers say, but I was not scared of playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    DFM, Iunderstand your point and I have also witnessed these same ups and downs since 1994 my freshman year, but never went into a game freaking out or scared. Not my style. If I am not confident in the team, then I have no reason to expect them to be confident as a team, Will we lose some more games, probably but I won't post about being worried about an opponent, because I think we can beat anybody and I carry that attitude with me.

I was looking for a win against Miami, not look respectable, that's what losers say, but I was not scared of playing them.
    I am RIGHT WITH U Bossdawg!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Dwayne,

That is exactly where I am at right now. This game may set the tone for the rest of the year. I wish someone would read your post to the players. I hope they will show some heart this year!

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    DFM,

Last year, we played, in this order... OSU, Tulsa, Clemson, Penn St., TX A&M, all in a row and the last three on the road with ONE receiver that had ANY experience... If you don't think that first leg of our schedule had an effect on our team last year, you're nuts... If we pull out the Clemson game, different year...

This year it's: Miami, USL, Mich St., Fresno... Last three all on the road... We have 10-15, heck 20 receivers with much game experience this year... WE WON TWO OUT OF THREE ON THE ROAD, this year... Obviously, our defense is much improved... We may find that we will win some games differenly than in the past... I have been here just as long as you and know the ups and downs just like you, but this year, seems a little different to me... Hell, maybe I'm a coolaid drinker, but what the hey, you gotta lay your line down sometimes and take a stand!! I hope I'm not all wrong, but if we protect the ball, protect the pocket, we can and should win all of our remaining WAC games... LSU is a different animal, but I won't write that down as an L , either...

Gotta have faith in our DAWGS!!!!!!

GO DAWGS, KICK THE BRONCS ASSES!!!!!!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    I think the key to staying close to LSU will be our ability to protect the QB. Their corners and safeties appear somewhat vulnerable to me. I think if we can protect and have the guts to open up the passing game and go down the field that we can score.

Their defense has shown a propensity for being very aggressive so far, blitzing with regularity. If we handle it right we could get some big plays on them.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    As far as going deep, in the Fresno game, specifically, we called deep routes 4 times in the game and the protection broke down very quickly all four times.... Receivers were open, but Luke could not get the ball to them... Hopefully, this two weeks will have given our O line the time to get well and come together... Too bad we can' t use "Big Sky Jr.", Mr. Phillips, to play with us this year... I'm hoping our guys can get it together...

Come on DAWGS!!!!!! We're pulling for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    ....If you don't think that first leg of our schedule had an effect on our team last year, you're nuts......Memdawg

Got to take issue with this Mem. It's beensaid over and over that the schedule was to blame for last year's poor showing. I guess I'm nuts. No injuries, 2-3 (BTW, it wasn't like we got blown out/humiliated against Clemson or A & M) and we lost to freekin' Rice in front of a heavily populated Tech crowd. Then to freekin' SMU in front of another heavily populated Tech crowd.........and a couple of weeks later we lose to San Jose. Sorry, I just don't buy it. This year's staff or team won't be able to fall back on those excuses. This week is do or die for the 2003 Dawgs. I don't think we stand a chance of Bowling with another conference loss. I know we have the talent, lets see about the coaching. They've had two weeks to prepare.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Looked to me like 3 weeks on the road did not help us play with the same fire @ FSU, we have had IMO. Last year we play 5 of first 7 games on the road and this year 3of4 and 3 in a row to start the season is not they way you schedule for success.

I don't think everyone should get a free pass b/c of bad scheduling though. You still have to play the game.

+ Reply to Thread