+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: READY to RUMBLE!

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Monty, it's much more of a mental thing, in my opinion... It falls back on the kind of leadership that comes from the players, as well as the coaches... It was not the only reason for the poor year, but it was a contributing factor, along with no experience in our WR corps, etc, etc, etc... JBIII and staff didn't handle it well, either... But to say that it didn't have an effect is simply wrong... You and I can disagree!! I DO agree that we have to win this game to be successful this year... As BD28 stated, you have to hold serve at home, Period!! I think(hope and pray) that we have a very different mental makeup on this years team... Saturday will go a long way to determine that...

Damn Riverfield Raiders!!!!!! :evil:

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar
    [quote]
    Damn Riverfield Raiders!!!!!!
    Hey!, What do you have against those private school patsies?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    I think(hope and pray) that we have a very different mental makeup on this years team... Saturday will go a long way to determine that...
    Like I said - we are in the exact same position as we were last year...

:lol:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    i don't think we are in the same position, maybe as far as record is concerned, but our team quit last year against penn st, atm, and clemson after we were down a couple of scores.

No quit in this years bulldog team, as displayed against Michigan st. Offense is about the same as last, but I don't think there is much arguement over which defense you would rather have this year.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    I was at Clemson and standing on the sidelines at A&M - the team didn't quit in any of those two ballgames - both were winnable late into the 4th quarter -

COSTLY mental & physical mistakes, coaching and the grind of the road (I agree with MEM on this) cost them those two games -

The last 8 games - we played one good game (Nevada) and two so-so games (UTEP & Boise) - we played absolutely horrible at Rice, SMU, SJSU and Fresno...

That's why I said we are at the exact same POINT we were at this time last year - do they take 2-2 and turn it into 8-4 or 7-5 or do they go 4-8 again?

If this team is different we should get a good indication this Saturday and the following 3 weekends -

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    I was at Clemson and standing on the sidelines at A&M - the team didn't quit in any of those two ballgames - both were winnable late into the 4th quarter -
    Unless we score 4 TD in each of those games late in the 4th quarter, neither of those were winnable.

Coaching-I agree, road torn-I agree, same heart as 2001 and 2003-not close. I think our team expected things to go right because of the success they had in the first WAC season, and when things didn't go there way, well you know.

I do not think this team even resembles last years team at all except for record after 1st 4 games.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    Hey, who you calling patsy? When I played at Ridgedale Academy, we would have whipped anybody's a$$ in north Louisiana. And when I switched to Cedar Creek, we weren't half bad in baseball and track! Seriously though, I agree with DFM. This is the pivotal game this season! Do win here and go 9-3 or 8-4. Or do we lose and pack it in and go 4-8 again! I don't believe in excuses! We have the talent and schedule to do well the rest of the season. To me, this falls squarly on the coaches' shoulders! They have to LEAD this team. You have to adapt you gameplan to the personnel you have from year to year. If we do that, we'll be fine!

Puppy tortillagod is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    Boise better bring their A+ game to Ruston. It's gonna get LOUD!
    how loud can 18K fans really get? me thinks the crickets will make more racket than your fans.

i don't get it, the south is famous for rabid, insane, huge football crowds and you guys have one hell of a program - between the two y'all should have a 50K stadium packed full each and every weekend. I know LSU is the big dog inthe state, but there is certainly more than enough room in your state for two teams.

However, something is missing.

Now as for the game the Broncos know they are walking into the toughest road opponent of the year (I think you would beat Oregon State in your house) so the Broncos better have their 'A" game. ANything less and the Broncos go home losers.

I think the game will turn on special teams and I think the Broncos enjoy a huge advantage of you in that category. Our guys are solid on all special team units.

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar
    Hey, who you calling patsy? When I played at Ridgedale Academy, we would have whipped anybody's a$$ in north Louisiana.
    That was a jab aimed at maddawg...My wife is an alum and our children attend RA now. I actually like private school football.....at least I know my son will not "ride the pine" there.

I agree with maddawg. The schedule and the personality conflicts between players and coaches had the dogs whipped by the 4th game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Enough of LAST year! This is THIS year and this thread is about whipping some Boise behind!

The future is where we are headed!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tortillagod
    how loud can 18K fans really get? me thinks the crickets will make more racket than your fans.
    Football noise conversion factor:

18K drunk southern rednecks = 40K Pacific Northwestern rednecks

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Unless we score 4 TD in each of those games late in the 4th quarter, neither of those were winnable.
    It is 20-13 at Clemson about mid-way through the 4th and we are driving for the tying score our receiver literally lets the Clemson DB take the ball out of his arms in the endzone for an INT...

I rode all the back to LA strait after the game with GLM and he was pissed mightly because of our offense and its refusal to attack vertical on Clemson when the game was VERY winnable..

It is 17-3 at A&M mid-way through the 4th at A&M and we have a long gain deep inside of Aggie territory that is called back because of a penalty and a int that is reversed that totally changes the last 7 minutes of that game...

My memory is bad, but not that bad...

Especially when it comes to TECH football...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg

LOL Ain't that the truth!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :freak: :tongue:

You also have to take into the fact that they are "uplifted" on gruff, bitter potatoe hodgepodge -

Not the fine corn mash that resulted in "White-Lightning" Road being built between Ruston and Homer...

Saidly I have to confess that alot of Cavers and Brazzells provided much of the labor around the Dubach stretch...

Puppy tortillagod is an unknown
    [quote="champion110"]
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg

LOL Ain't that the truth!

I don't know about all of that - I was bron, raised, and presently live back in the south after an eight year stint in the northwest and I have to admit that the loudest small stadium I have ever been in is Bronco Stadium and the loudest large stadium was Autzen in Eugene, OR. Bronco Stadium gets ridiculously loud while Autzen blows away Williams Brice and War Memorial.

Those folks in the Northwest rock as college football fans - they are nothing like their friends to the south in California.

+ Reply to Thread