+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking my marbles home?

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar
    This guy Haddox sounds like a jewel!!!! He obviously has money and uses it to try to buy success for his kid. If his kid was not good enough to make the team, Coach Simmoneaux did his son a huge favor by cutting him from the team. Simmoneaux taught him a lesson in life that his father obviously does not think is important. Money can't buy talent, and success in life is earned and not bought!!!!!!

He might not realize it now, but this kid might actually thank Simmoneaux somewhere down the road. Money is no substitute for character!!!!!

If the Tech administration supports Simmoneaux, this action will make Tech baseball a much better program in the long run. If they don't, Simmoneaux ought to haul ass right now and Tech ought to shut down its athletic program altogether!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    This is the kind of leadership that the TECH baseball team has needed ever since Coach Patterson retired.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1
    This guy Haddox sounds like a jewel!!!! He obviously has money and uses it to try to buy success for his kid. If his kid was not good enough to make the team, Coach Simmoneaux did his son a huge favor by cutting him from the team. Simmoneaux taught him a lesson in life that his father obviously does not think is important. Money can't buy talent, and success in life is earned and not bought!!!!!!

He might not realize it now, but this kid might actually thank Simmoneaux somewhere down the road. Money is no substitute for character!!!!!

If the Tech administration supports Simmoneaux, this action will make Tech baseball a much better program in the long run. If they don't, Simmoneaux ought to haul ass right now and Tech ought to shut down its athletic program altogether!
    CD, what a wonderful, wonderful post. When I first read that this happened, I knew Coach Sim would be ok. That guy doesn't depend upon anyone for his success. He will get the job done.

My second thought was, that this is probably the best thing that ever happened to the boy.

You hit the nail on the head. Great post.

Puppy dawgdoc is an unknown
    Truly a sad situation on all levels. Knowing both sides of the story, I do agree that Haddox was hasty, but the whole situation bites. I hope that the dawgs are able to find more support, sad that Sim is doing it himself....

Good luck to the new players, and the older ones that were cut as well.........

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    There's some pain involved in trying to get better by changing the way you do things. I am sure there are some hurt young men, but when decisions are made by coaches on the basis of who has the best chance to help the team win, daddies need to be adults and show their sons how to accept the tough parts of life.

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar
    With only a very limited number of scholarships available in baseball, part of building a program is getting more kids to walk-on and try out for the team because there are some good baseball players out there who just need a chance. However, everyone has to realize that the more kids that are given a chance to make the team, the more cuts the Coach has to make.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough
    Atley Donald was a scout for the Yankees.He once told a Tech player, son you are good enough to play Single A and Double A , but not Pro go get you a job.He did and now owns his own business ,doing quite well and wakes up every morning just to see where his next good time is coming from.There are a lot of people that need to take Atley's advice.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar
    A and AA ball, but not pro, huh?

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough
    Excuse me Farright30, Major League ,but I think you knew what I was saying.

+ Reply to Thread