+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that we are screwed ...

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    I truly hope that we can use this as motivation on the field and beat the holy living crap out of TU, Rice, and SMU and show the idiots at CUSA what they are missing by not giving us a chance to prosper in their little group...

Piss Pounding the Opponent is the Key to SUCCESS!!!!

Let's start with HI on our WAC demolition tour... Show CUSA what they will be missing!!!

CLEARLY, MIFFED IN MEMPHIS!!!!
    Amen to that.

From here out, its about channeling our energies to the things we can control. Its becoming obvious this University's employees that are paid and entrusted to support and promote our beloved Football team have no control of our destiny. Its up to the fans and the players now.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    If the WAC ends up as an old Big West/Sunbelt mess, Tech needs to go independent. When Tech joined the WAC I thought it was a great idea, because we can play better schools in football and have a better chance to go to a bowl. But if the WAC starts raiding the Sunbelt, thats gonna make our conf. less attractive. I say lets go independent for a while until there is another conf. opportunity for Tech to join.

I know going independent means a low chance of a bowl bid, but staying in the WAC gives us that same low chance (the bowls are currently catered to Boise, Fresno, and Hawaii)
    Could not agree with you more.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    If the WAC ends up as an old Big West/Sunbelt mess, Tech needs to go independent. When Tech joined the WAC I thought it was a great idea, because we can play better schools in football and have a better chance to go to a bowl. But if the WAC starts raiding the Sunbelt, thats gonna make our conf. less attractive. I say lets go independent for a while until there is another conf. opportunity for Tech to join.

I know going independent means a low chance of a bowl bid, but staying in the WAC gives us that same low chance (the bowls are currently catered to Boise, Fresno, and Hawaii)
    What would going independant do to the share of WAC funds we would be receiving? Wouldn't we stand to lose, just like we would if we went to CUSA? I we don't get an invite out of the WAC, I'd at least like to collect a piece of the pie that all the schools abandoning the conference are leaving behind.

I was also thinking about this: If we felt we had to go into the Sunbelt conference, wouldn't we actually have to PAY an initiation fee to do so? This is VERY distasteful.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar
    If we don't get into CUSA, it is just a matter of PICKING YOUR POISON. Going indy means scheduling nightmares. Going to the Belt or a wattered-down WAC means recruiting nightmares and possibly going back to IAA.
    Right now, I would just flip a coin. :x

I agree with what others have said. We need to beat Rice, Tulsa and SMU BAD. Heck, we apparently need SOMETHING to motivate our guys.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Does anyone know what the entry fee is to C-USA?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    TulsaDawg you're right.

But I don't think CUSA will pick us up.

Any chance we can form our own conf. We can call it the Nonmoutainous East Conf. and only let cool people in!

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown
    TCU was supposed to have paid five million dollars (U.S.). This may have been factored into the BBall tourney money stream payout. If we are looking at some kind of restructured Belt, there will be a waiver because the Belt will be losing at least two or three schools to attendance within three years. It will be, for practical purposes, a new conference even if it has an old name and the bare minimum of old members.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    I agree Memdawg, we need to do some serious ass kicking. Let's score about 65 on each one of them.
    AMEN! No time for mercy with these guys. I know I'd be awful pissed if I were playing right now. I say run it up till the scoreboard breaks. Hang a hundred on'em if you can!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby
    [quote:5e0ae09b2d="DONW"]I agree Memdawg, we need to do some serious ass kicking. Let's score about 65 on each one of them.
    AMEN! No time for mercy with these guys. I know I'd be awful pissed if I were playing right now. I say run it up till the scoreboard breaks. Hang a hundred on'em if you can![/quote:5e0ae09b2d]

But yall forget who our coach is. Hell, this isn't do or die and getting to a bowl game is not that important. Geez, the next thing you know he'll be spouting that crap about it's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game.

Come to think of it, maybe that's an idea. Then we could sell our scoreboards as a fundraiser.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Nathan,

We need you younger guys that have ties to the current players to make this available to them!! Give 'em something to be pissed about!!! I don't know how JBIII handles motivational stuff, but If Iwere a player at La. Tech and new about the stuff that is transpiring..... I'D BE PISSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! Tell them that cusa people think that SMU, TU, and Rice are better and have better players than we do!!!!!

We are gonna bust that FAT Rainbow Warrior's ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEEKED IN MEMPHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread