+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UCF/ BIG EAST info...

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    This is from the CUSA board, an exerpt of an article from NJ newspaper...

BIG EAST UPDATE: Central Florida is negotiating with the Big East to become a football-only member, according to reports in the St. Petersburg Times. Central Florida, which is currently a football-only member of the Mid-American Conference, is also considering becoming an all-sports member of Conference USA.

"We are in discussions with the Big East unofficially, through associates gathering information and sharing information. No offer has been extended," Central Florida athletics director Steve Orsini told the Times. "We also are in discussion with Conference USA. . . . The invitation from the MAC becomes effective once the Big East has made a decision about what it is doing. The MAC was respectful of the national progression taking place."

The Big East, which must replace Atlantic Coast Conference defectors Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College, is expected to add Louisville, Cincinnati and South Florida as all-sports members. Marquette and DePaul could become non-football members.

Big East presidents are scheduled to vote on expansion on Nov. 4 in Philadelphia.

Come on UCF!!!!

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice
    If this is the key, then I hope the best for the Knights.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    I think this is very important for us.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice
    Can you post what site you found this on, I would like to read what others are saying about it. (is it a message board, or just a news link?)

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    I'm sorry, it's from the CUSA message board and the header is UCF talking w/BE or something to that effect...
    Now, as for the link, somebody else will have to give you that, as I am a computer dumbass!!!

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Memdawg, I had heard that, but the person telling me didn't say 'computer'. :biggrin:

TD
    ~~

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    The post refers to "The Times". I wonder if that's the New York Times?

It's truly unbelieveable that UCF has got THREE (3) quality conferences (MAC, CUSA & Big East) wanting them and negotiating with them. That's one Ugly Duckling that's sitting pretty high right now.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I just thought of something BIG!!! If this "UCF negotiates with the Big East" story is true, it makes PERFECT sense.

If UCF joins the Big East as a "football only" member, the Big East gets the best of both worlds: They get to keep Eight (8) high quality "basketball only" schools and Eight (8) schools that play both football and basketball, for a well balanced 16-team basketball league. Then adding UCF as "football only" member will give the Big East Nine (9) "football playing schools" for a perfectly balanced football schedule (4 @ home & 4 away). They couldn't do that with a FULL (football & BB) 9th member because they'd have 17 BASKETBALL members. But inviting UCF as a "football only" member solves the problem.

Folks, this is BIG!

Folks, if this story is true (and based upon the above logic it SHOULD be), this is FANTASTIC NEWS for Louisiana Tech! UCF to the Big East opens up the 12th CUSA spot for Tech.

HD

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    The question still remains.......does CUSA want Tech to fill that 12th spot?? I'm not so sure they do. Which of the 6 proposed western CUSA teams goes to the east? Memphis or Tulane? Or would they force Tech into the east division as a condition of joining? What other D-1 team could they be looking at? I'm just not sure we're the cinderella in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81
    The question still remains.......does CUSA want Tech to fill that 12th spot?? I'm not so sure they do. Which of the 6 proposed western CUSA teams goes to the east? Memphis or Tulane? Or would they force Tech into the east division as a condition of joining? What other D-1 team could they be looking at? I'm just not sure we're the cinderella in waiting.
    Who gives a crap about that? I've got NO PROBLEM playing in CUSA East. Versus sharing a conference with Arkansas State and ULL? Are you kidding? THINK MAN!

After SMU, Rice, Tulsa and Marshal occupy the 8th thu 11th spots in the new CUSA, nobody else comes anywhere close to being as qualified as Tech, EXCEPT UCF! (All of this assumes USF goes to the BE too. We have good reason to believe that USF is going to the Big East. )

So UCF is the obstacle Tech needs to overcome in order to get an invite to CUSA. And the Big East MIGHT be removing the UCF obstacle for us RIGHT NOW!

HD

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    This is what I have been saying all along. Our fate lies in the hands of UCF and the Big East.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    I read in some link that Toledo was possible being considered. Not sure if they are being considered any more than Tech at this point.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    When will anyone on this board realize that Tech's fate was sealed by JO long ago by not taking a proactive stance on taking care of Tech first and our so called "friends" second. This is already played out and CUSA already has most if not all scenerios played out. They are just waiting to see what happens with the big east. ESPN has already announced this evening that SMU, Tulsa, and Rice WILL leave the Wac and join CUSA. CUSA does not necessarily need a twelveth football member. Some people on this board refuse to see that. We are not even being looked at as a what if scenerio for the CUSA. This school needs to move on and take care of itself. We will most likelyeither be in the WAC and have no school within 15 hours of us or more to the belch and we all know what JO thinks about spending money at TECH, probably part of the reason Tech is in the situation it is in right now. Not totally but partly responsible.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    HogDawg,

I wasn't complaining and I was thinking. I'm with you. CUSA East is light years better than belch status. I just don't see Tech fitting into CUSA plans even if they need that 12th team after USF goes BE. My question still stands....Who else could CUSA take to fill that 12th spot if not us? Someone fill-in the blank_____________.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Toledo, UCF, I could see them looking at Uconn.

+ Reply to Thread