+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The white flag has been raised in Ruston.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Nah ... cry now. Get it over with. That way you can start looking forward to things sooner and if things change and we go elsewhere then it will be a pleasant surprise. Better yet, start drinking now. By the time the date comes around, she might look pretty nice. JJ SBC fans....

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Jet ... Toledo is apparently next on the short list ... like I said earlier, most of CUSA would need to go the BE before they would consider us. We are not their "model school."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    My sources on the Athletic side of the street tell me that no such meeting is taking place with Wright Waters this week...

I have no doubt that we would have a worse place contingency plan in place and that is more than likely Sunblet affiliation...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    well.....

.....they have already met once today - Benson, Waters and Tech

Tech and Waters will meet later this week

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    via conference call?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    There is a difference between a phone call and a meeting...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    well.....

.....they have already met once today - Benson, Waters and Tech

Tech and Waters will meet later this week
    Thanksgiving turkeys have less crap in them than you do!

Who from TECH met with Waters today? Where did they meet?

Who from TECH met with Benson today? Where did they meet?

Waters hates Oaks...Waters hates TECH...any questions?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    This isn't consistent with the information one of our own posters posted on the ULL board. That post had me thinking we have some allies in Rice, Smu, Tulane, etc.

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar
    Well, according to Andy Katz's article on ESPN.com, we are on the CUSA short list. We might be at the bottom of it, but we are on it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ndy&id=1640579

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    As long as we are on the list, I don't care if we are a damned write-in!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    If I weren't trying to get a roof on my daughter's house this week and dealing with impending development in the neighborhood and the weakening of my old dog to the point I have to carry him outside like an 80-pound sack of potatoes twice a day, I might worry about all this. But Tech will still have exciting sports when I am long gone.
    Good news: The chicken and turkey both are still laying three or so eggs a week each. It may not rain before Saturday and we could have the roof done by then.
    The leaves are magnificent around here and getting better daily.
    I can still make it upstairs to bed and down to the bathroom. The utilities are paid up for another two weeks! Lauren added some new photos and announcements to aubunique.com today.
    I watched Dogswin's tape of the Michigan State game over three nights last week and loved it.
    We are due to win another close game soon. We may have to win several close games to have a decent record. But that means exciting games. I won't leave early whether the score is close or a blowout either way.
    Stop the speculation and enjoy the moment!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Please post FACTS!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Please post FACTS!
    FIM has proven not to be very reliable at times with his information, especially regarding conference realignment. He was the one saying we were definitely in with SMU, Rice and Tulsa earlier. I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Here's what they are saying about Louisiana Tech on the CUSA board:

LaTech is a good school that I wouldn't mind having in C-USA, but their football program is very erratic (beat a great team, lose to lousy ones) and their other sports outside of womens bball aren't very good. Toledo has been one of the top nonBCS football schools over the past 5 years and has decent hoops as well. I agree though that LaTech fits better, as does Miami OH. Miami OH has been good in football for a long time and doesn't stretch the conference any. they would give Marshall and ECU another close school.

Kinda hard to argue with any of that. As I've said all along, "winning" really does matter.

HD

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    well....

....Wright Waters was on Monroe radio today and confirmed that he WAS AND IS talking to WAC schools about coming into the Sunbelt.

The Sunbelt membership has agreed stick together and will expand to 14 by next year! He stated that the Sunbelt has an open door policy but expects NO ONE to leave for the WAC.

Wright stated that he and Benson are best of friends and that regional discussions have taken place between the two leaders.

When asked point blank about talking with Tech, Waters would not deny talks are ongoing but stated that private discussions between the belt and non members should be kept private.

+ Reply to Thread