+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post from C-USA board

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar
    Someone on the C-USA board poasted this as reasons Tech should not be invited to C-USA. I could not argue with them because I did not know what was fact and what was not.

Can some of those who promote them please elaborate on this "success", concentrate on:

1. Athletic fund raising results. Comment on the presidents offer of matching the funds if 200 fans would contribute $1,000 or $200,000. Matching that would give them $400,000 to use in upgrading, repairing, painting, etc their facilities. I understand he recently retracted this offer that has been outstanding for a year because fans would not come forward. I understand they borrowed from an academic endowment fund to help construct their new field house and owe the fund over $2,000,000 with no way of repaying it.
    2. Fiscal year 2001 had less than $800,000 in revenue from ticket sales to all home games in all sports, mens and womens. Fiscal year 2002 ended with about $850,000 collected from fans for all home games, all sports, mens and womens. How is this so low in that they report healthy home attendance for their games.
    3. Cash athletic budget has been around $6.5 mil. How will they increase that to stay in step with other CUSA schools. They are taking the maximum amount allowed from the state at this time. What would be the source of the revenue they need.
    4. Football won-loss record for last ten years, excluding this year, is 59 wins and 66 losses. Most recent two years, those participating in the WAC, has been 11 wins and 13 losses. Yes, there were a few wins against BCS schools but ALSO SOME LOSSES against Division 1AA teams.

Location is not a factor. ULL, ULM, UNT, etc are all in same general area so that gives them no preference in that category. Promotors, give us your thoughts. I guarantee the Tech fans will hit me with every stone they can throw so would advise everyone to duck ahead of time. They accuse me of being some guy on the WAC board who brings out their dirty laundry and they dont like it. This restructure is all about football, the engine that drives the league. Dont mention academics, that has nothing do do with the selections.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Our old buddy Organizer has made his presence known...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    That guy has no life. Does he just follow Tech around with a little notepad, mumbling to himself? making lists of things he can distort to try to make us look bad?

"he he he. I've got them now. Tech actually usues RED too even though they CLAIM that BLUE is the color they want to promote. he he he. Wait until I get on the Sun Belt, WAC, and C-USA boards. I'll show them. he he he."

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Maybe he realizes that the WAC moves last night are telling in the sense that his biggest fears may come to pass. The WAC is offering Tech on a silver platter to CUSA. This may be where our ties to Rice, SMU and Tulsa pay off ... I am hoping that they negotiated such that with UCF leaving, Tech would come on board.

If so, everyone is happy. The WAC is truly western. CUSA is regional. The Belt is out of business temporarily until a few teams move up. When that happens, even they will be regional.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    We still will not have the athletic budget to compete with any of the schools in CUSA. People need to start supporting this school and most of all JO needs to stop thinking that money will just fall from the sky and get some major corporation sponsorship and get alumni to start giving again (though that would be hard, since that involves sending out a post card or two, maybe a phone call?) Hmmm, I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread