+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If Hawaii leaves would we be much better off?

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold
    If Hawaii is the only school that gets invited to the MWC, I know it would save us in travel but would it be enough for us to be comfortable in the WAC with the addition of U of North Texas.

Everyone is looking East for their next hope so I thought I would point out a possible development in the West.

Go Tech!
    Go Dawgs!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    I don't see how Tech can stay in the Wac if we are 1500 miles from the nearest school. Call me crazy But...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    It helps us, financially, but I'm not sure it helps enough.

--

Hoping for CUSA

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Bossdawg, I think if we are not invited to CUSA when everything shakes out Benson goes after North Texas and perhaps others. The WAC solidified its western base (for the time being) with NMSU and USU. They will wait until after the 4th to see what they need to do next. They are evidently giving us a lot of leash to do what is best for us, and will try to help us have some closer opponents if we decide to stay.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold
    I am purely guessing that if the MWC does decide to expand by only 1 then Hawaii has a very good chance for the following reasons:

1. Long standing rivalry with BYU and Utah due to heavy Mormon influence
    2. Visiting teams get the benefit of scheduling an extra home game
    3. Access to a bowl in a semi-high profile location

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I don't see how Tech can stay in the Wac if we are 1500 miles from the nearest school. Call me crazy But...
    1500 miles can get you from Ruston through El Paso to Las Cruces and more than halfway back to Ruston.

Tech won't be in the WAC in 2005 without at least one (and probably more) reasonably close neighbor.

My problem is that I really do not want anyoneelse other than North Texas if the WAC expands over here because the other possibilities would weigh down the conferences credibility.

You know this morning when the news came across, I went over to the Cajuns board to see their reaction. They were stunned about USU and NMSU leaving BUT their hottest thread was about Wright Waters calling them Lafayette instead of UL or Louisiana-Lafayette or whatever. In otherwords their focal point is still off the mark of a decent athletics program and the whole world sees it but them.

ASU maybe but I know I am not the only one who shutters at that thought.

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar
    Screw ASU. Outside of North Texas, UL-L is the only team the WAC should be considering for eastern expansion. While UL-L's football team sucks ass, men's basketball, baseball, softball, and track and field are pretty decent programs. Of course, once we are invited to C-USA, the WAC can invite the entire Belch to join a new WACBelch. Then watch Hawaii, Fresno, Boise, and Nevada make a run for the exits.

+ Reply to Thread