+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7,500 I do not think so

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    I get on Tech's case about announced attendance but I have never seen Tech blow out their numbers like ULm did last Saturday.

Tech announces people there and unused season tickets that were sold. ULm proclaimed they would count only butts in the seats to get a true gauge of were they stand.

There were no more than 1,000 people at that game last Saturday. That means that ULm fibbed by 6,500!

I do not want to hear another negative word about Tech's attendance on the Monroe air waives until ULm tells the truth or goes to D1aa.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    I noticed the Monroe News Star omitted the ULM-NMSU attendance figures from the Sunday AM Sports page. Thought that was a bit strange, but my take is they just don't want to print bad news about the local juco.....

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I like the junior college. I hope they join the Mississippi JC league. They might dominate once they improve their recruiting effort. Reduced entry standards could help.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Tech needs a good "feeder" school like ULM, j.c. Its a "win win" situation.

I can tell you from personal experience, ulm may claim "butts i the seats" but they lieeeeeeeeeeeeeee and lie badly.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Here is the quote from the News Star ULM game story regarding attendance:

The best call of the night might have been made by the folks who packed up and headed home when the weather turned ugly. Paid attendance was announced at 7,108, but the actual number of fans in the stands fell far short.

You don't have to take your seat in the stands to count under the new 2004 attendance guidelines--just getting your ticket torn at the gate counts. I don't usually defend the juco at all, but I will a little since Mother Nature was the culprit. If the paid count was announced at 7,108, that many could have come through the gates with most not staying for the game due to the weather delay. I wouldn't cast too many stones since like death and taxes, future rain games at Aillet Stadium are a certainty--just hopefully not in the near future.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    Thanks Frisco. I looked for the attendance figures in their usual place along with the other game stats. Didn't bother to go much past the headline of the article.

+ Reply to Thread