+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any new news on alignment?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I know I am supposed to be paying attention to the LSU game but this is FAR more important to our future IMHO.

There is brief mention on the WAC forum about the WAC possibly inviting other teams. We do not need to invite others unless we KNOW we are going to stay in the WAC for some time. There is no point in saddling the rest of the WAC with CTZ teams if we are going to be leaving. Of course maybe they know that the UCF deal is going to fall through and thus leave us without a slot in CUSA ...

Somebody has to have some inside info ... a decent hunch would make me feel better. I know Dwayne said that the calm coming from Ruston was a good thing ...

Whisting walking by the grave yard still or did one of those skeletons come to life and start heading for us?

This is a stressful time to be a Tech fan ....

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    DePaul announced thier intentions this weekend to leave CUSA for basketball in the BE -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    DFM, the possible significance of Depaul leaving CUSA is one less team in CUSA or less likely that UCF will get an all sports invitation??

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    DFM, the possible significance of Depaul leaving CUSA is one less team in CUSA or less likely that UCF will get an all sports invitation??

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar
    According to what we know, Big East basketball will be 16 teams, with no room for another all-sports team (without dumping a school)...

1. Cincinnati
    2. Connecticut
    3. DePaul
    4. Georgetown
    5. Louisville
    6. Marquette
    7. Notre Dame
    8. Pittsburgh
    9. Providence
    10. Rutgers
    11. Seton Hall
    12. St. John's
    13. Syracuse
    14. Villanova
    15. West Virginia
    16. USF

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    This was an expected MOVE by DePaul -

Look for CUSA to loose posssibly two more "basketball" members only to the A-10 before the 4th or soon after the 4th...

When the Big XI expands look for them to go to the BE and take a Pitt or Syracuse - then that opens the slot for the all-sports membership...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

DFM,

At this point, by biggest concern is that the Big East is just going to sit on 8 teams. I realize that this does create scheduling difficulties, but hasn't the MWC been at 8 for awhile? However, UCF seems to be fairly confident in themselves to receive a BE bid. Supposedly, they refused to let CUSA officials come on campus (this is according to posts on another board) to discuss realignment. Also, I am slightly discomforted by the lack of murmurs in the media concerning UCF and the BE. The silence is deafening...

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    "1-L" - Does that mean first year law student?

Sooner, yes I am a law student. Technically my name should now be 2L_dawg since I'm in my second year.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    1L, UCF fans are nervous. They don't know what is going on, and are worried CUSA may tire of waiting on them. I think if there were no chance of them getting the Big East invitation they would be throwing out the welcome mat to CUSA. There was a post on their board that the Rutgers' president said no decision on a football-only member will be forthcoming on the 4th or 5th. There is a lot of speculation they may let Temple back in to fill that role.

Who knows????????????????
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    Sooner, yes I am a law student. Technically my name should now be 2L_dawg since I'm in my second year.
    That explains it. I thought it quite odd that a first year student would have the courage, must less the time, to be reading and posting on this board.

Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread