1.5 is my estimate of how much money we really need annually to hire and retain a good football coaching staff. It does no good to hire even a good head coach if he doesn't have any money to hire competent assistants. And a portion of their salaries should be tied to incentives based on attendance, wins and bowl wins.

Joe Peace was actually a pretty good head coach and he had assembled a very good group of assistants - Petey Perot, Steve ensminger, John thompson, jerry baldwin are some of the ones I remember. But he was unable to keep them because we could not offer them even a competetive 1-A salary.

As for the rest of this year, I would junk the spread offense because our coaches obviously have no idea how to run it. Put another tight end in the backfield and just grind it out with Moats and throw every now and then. It makes no sense to run a high risk offense and throw 90% of your passes within 4 yards of the line of scrimmage.

On defense I would blitz on almost every down and play press coverage. The results could not be any worse than what we have seen in the last few games.

Just my 2 cents.