+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why so SLOW??????????????

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Two questions:

1) Why is this board so damn slow????? This is killing me. It's totally unacceptable in this day and age to have speed problems this bad. It rarely happens on other boards.

2) Why does the board "disconnect" so quickly??? Sometimes when I write a post, I'll click "submit" only to learn that I've been disconnected from the BB&B. I also lose my post I was submitting when this happens. Very, very frustrating.

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

HD

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    HD,

Couple of things. In answer to #2, have you done what is outlined in the sticky topic below for the cookies? Other people were having this problem and I haven't heard of anyone that has continued to have the problem after they did this. PLEASE let me know!

On #1. This was a bigger issue. Over the past couple of days we have been HAMMERING our server. The server just didn't have the juice to deal with it. At one point yesterday we had close to 100 people online! It was just bogging it down. MJ tried to get us on another, brand new, dedicated server Sunday evening. This was planned for some time. He had some technical problems with the server and wasn't able to get it working. He was going to try again last night. Although I haven't talked to him, I've noticed a DEFINATIVE increase in speed this morning. I THINK he got it done. Once it is, you should notice an improvement.

There are some other issues we are dealing with related to this board. We recognize the problem and are working to fix it. We'll let you know more about that in the very short future.

TDF (Chris)

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Sorry. I was wrong. The switch did NOT occur last night. But MJ DID find the problem. It was a bad motherboard. He is bringing it all back online now. We will make the switch to the new server either later today or late tonight.

TDF (Chris)

+ Reply to Thread